X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    I like Ronnie Harrison (S Alabama) and Roquan Smith (LBer Georgia) most for our first round pick right now.

I'd love Calvin Ridley but I see no way that he makes it to 20 right now.

Quenton Nelson is my sleeper pick though.
    I think Nelson will be solid at the next level but we're set there, don'tcha know. I think he would be a steal in the second if he makes it that far, he's almost a Zack Martin clone, one of the few OGs I would be okay with in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
      I think Nelson will be solid at the next level but we're set there, don'tcha know. I think he would be a steal in the second if he makes it that far, he's almost a Zack Martin clone, one of the few OGs I would be okay with in the first round.
      He checks off the box for college school we love and a position that we are comfortable taking in the first round. But that's why I called it a sleeper pick, I doubt we are in the market for a first round O-lineman with 4 of our guys basically locked up or going to be locked up to big deals soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DLK150 View Post
        Meh. You will take your borderline LB or TE in the second round and like it.
        Dallas Goedert in the second I'm totally ok with. We need a TE with athletic ability in the worst way. I'd love for that to be Rico but with his whole, sit out the entire season thing, I really don't hold out a lot of hope for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
          Vita Vea is a DT that I hope falls to our pick. If he does and we don't take him, then fuck Marinelli if he is still around.
          I'm all in on Vea. Monster in the middle to stuff the run and break the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
            I'm all in on Vea. Monster in the middle to stuff the run and break the pocket.
            Yeah, we really need that inside push for our pass rush to collapse the pocket. Add in that he is a beast at plugging the middle and he is the 1T we have been sorely needing.
            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Yeah, we really need that inside push for our pass rush to collapse the pocket. Add in that he is a beast at plugging the middle and he is the 1T we have been sorely needing.
              Do you think Washington recruits an overweight Samoan every year to play NT? Danny Shelton was only 3 years ago.

Comment

Do you think Washington recruits an overweight Samoan every year to play NT? Danny Shelton was only 3 years ago.
                I think he is better than Shelton.

Comment

I think he is better than Shelton.
                  Shelton was way better at getting to the QB in college.

Comment

Shelton was way better at getting to the QB in college.
                    Thank goodness I’m not looking for getting to the QB out of my 1T. Disrupt the middle of the line on passing plays to collapse that pocket and stuff the run like a beast. He does both.

Comment

I like Ronnie Harrison (S Alabama) and Roquan Smith (LBer Georgia) most for our first round pick right now.

I'd love Calvin Ridley but I see no way that he makes it to 20 right now.

Quenton Nelson is my sleeper pick though.
                      I'd rather keep Hitchens and roll with our current LBers. We could use an OLB though but not in the first IMHO. Calvin would be great but yeah, not gonna happen without a trade up. I do want a WR in the first though. I want Kirk now. Think he's the burner we need. Sutton also looks good but unless we're cutting Dez, I'm not sure we need two jump ball receivers who can't get separation.

No way we get Harrison, btw. We rarely pick safeties high. RW was the last.
                      I was on the draft LVE train. I was for trading for Amari before it happened.
                      'nuff said

Comment

The difference between 16 and 20 could be massive depending on how the picks fall. Best example is Roquan Smith. He very well could be there at 16, but much less likely at 20.
                        It's possible someone that we will be targeting is still available at 20 but odds aren't likely that'll happen. I still remember when we were at 17 and looked like a shoe-in to get Jerry Rice only to have the 49ers trade up to 16 to get him. That's an extreme example but there's a big difference between 16 and 20. Probably see a couple of our targets go right ahead of us.

Comment

Thank goodness Iím not looking for getting to the QB out of my 1T. Disrupt the middle of the line on passing plays to collapse that pocket and stuff the run like a beast. He does both.
                          So what do you base your analysis on then? Everything I've seen had Shelton as a higher rated player. Certainly it wasn't Penn State gashing them in the bowl game?

Comment

So what do you base your analysis on then? Everything I've seen had Shelton as a higher rated player. Certainly it wasn't Penn State gashing them in the bowl game?
                            Shelton was more of a pass rushing DT than he is for sure, but Vea (from what I’ve seen) is much better at clogging the middle on run plays, and is still effective collapsing the pocket. You keep choosing one game to disprove his run stopping ability. You can’t cherry pick when evaluating players.

Comment

Originally posted by lostxn View Post
                              I'd rather keep Hitchens and roll with our current LBers. We could use an OLB though but not in the first IMHO. Calvin would be great but yeah, not gonna happen without a trade up. I do want a WR in the first though. I want Kirk now. Think he's the burner we need. Sutton also looks good but unless we're cutting Dez, I'm not sure we need two jump ball receivers who can't get separation.

No way we get Harrison, btw. We rarely pick safeties high. RW was the last.
                              You might be right about Harrison but we picked Byron Jones in the first pretty recently. So I wouldn't be surprised if we took one in the first. Especially with our love of DBs. And frankly a stud safety would really finish this secondary.

I like Christian Kirk but I don't know if he is going to be a first rounder or not. I love his speed but I'll need to watch more to see how much of a natural hands catcher he is.

Comment

Shelton was more of a pass rushing DT than he is for sure, but Vea (from what I’ve seen) is much better at clogging the middle on run plays, and is still effective collapsing the pocket. You keep choosing one game to disprove his run stopping ability. You can’t cherry pick when evaluating players.
                                That's fair, it's just the most recent Washington game I've watched. I think Vita Vea gets this urban legend type love because he covers kicks. Hell even in the Penn State game he made a tackle on kick coverage. But I don't see the monster on the D-line that justifies a first round pick. He looks to me like most second round picks that play NT in the NFL. Not someone deserving of a mid first round grade.

Comment

Working...
                                X