First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Latest walterfootball mock-

Rd. 1, Pk. 19 Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
    Roquan Smith is too talented to fall out of the top half of the opening round, so the Cowboys would definitely consider him with this selection. Anthony Hitchens is an impending free agent, while Jaylon Smith hasn't played up to his billing quite yet.

Rd. 2, Pk. 18 Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida
    The Cowboys could use another threat in the receiving corps, and they've shown that they're willing to take chances on troubled players. Antonio Callaway has some major off-the-field issues, but some team could give him a shot in the second round.

Rd. 3, Pk. 17 Braden Smith, G, Auburn
    The Cowboys' offensive line hasn't been nearly as good this season. Losing Ronald Leary hurt, so here's a new left guard to help remedy the problem.

Rd. 4, Pk. 16 Armani Watts, S, Texas A&M
    The Cowboys lost some defensive backs last offseason, and they never found a solid player to start alongside Byron Jones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could live with this. I would rather take Kirk who he has going a couple picks later than our typical 2nd rnd take a shot on a problem player. Watts in the 4th is a steal
    Seems high for Callaway but I love the player. Just the character that I'm not sure about. Maybe he will rise through the draft process. Right now I view him as more a third/fourth type.

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post
      Oh well. A lot of folks say Dallas doesnt draft well so if they believe that then one position doesn’t make a difference or three for that matter.
      Except they tend to draft even worse the further down they select.

But other than trading up for Mo I don't think you've heard much criticism of their first round picks the last 7-8 years. Its primarily the 2nd round when they go off the reservation and on day three when they could probably do better by throwing darts at the board.

Comment

What about LT? With Tyron's health being dicey this year, that could come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
          What about LT? With Tyron's health being dicey this year, that could come into play.
          It certainly will because he has more than one problem,
          Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by Couchcoach View Post
            His contract can't be moved. So drafting a LT makes some sense but whoever you draft is only going to play the few games Tyron is hurt. Not sure that is worth a first round pick or anything like that.

Comment

Oh well. A lot of folks say Dallas doesnt draft well so if they believe that then one position doesn’t make a difference or three for that matter.
              I actually think we draft pretty well. Even the dice roll on Jaylon appears to be paying off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                I actually think we draft pretty well. Even the dice roll on Jaylon appears to be paying off.
                I think so too. In the first Two Rounds there are plenty of players and unless you are in a top Five position, it probably doesn’t matter whether you are Sixteen or Twenty.
                Since Day One

Comment

I think so too. In the first Two Rounds there are plenty of players and unless you are in a top Five position, it probably doesn’t matter whether you are Sixteen or Twenty.
                  The difference between 16 and 20 could be massive depending on how the picks fall. Best example is Roquan Smith. He very well could be there at 16, but much less likely at 20.
                  2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Vita Vea is a DT that I hope falls to our pick. If he does and we don't take him, then fuck Marinelli if he is still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                      The difference between 16 and 20 could be massive depending on how the picks fall. Best example is Roquan Smith. He very well could be there at 16, but much less likely at 20.
                      It could be if you were drafting for need but probably not so much if you are going BPA. I seems that most teams draft for need even though the fan says always go BPA.
                      Since Day One

Comment

Vita Vea is a DT that I hope falls to our pick. If he does and we don't take him, then fuck Marinelli if he is still around.
                        Funny I was thinking about him earlier this morning and I kind of feel the opposite. I've said multiple times that I'd have no problem taking a 1 technique DT in the first round but when I think about Vita Vea I'm just sort of meh. I know he is 350 pounds and can run down people on kickoffs.

But he also gets gashed by Barkley for 137 yards and 7.6 yards per carry. And then I start thinking of Danny Shelton and how insignificant he has been in the NFL. Even though he is basically the identical player who came from the exact same school.

I actually think I'd pass on Vita Vea in the first round. I want more out of my NT in this defense. Plus he isn't some super steal at 20. Hell Kiper has him at 22 on his big board. Just a limited player.

Comment

Comment

This makes me uncomfortable to watch.

Comment

I like Ronnie Harrison (S Alabama) and Roquan Smith (LBer Georgia) most for our first round pick right now.

I'd love Calvin Ridley but I see no way that he makes it to 20 right now.

Quenton Nelson is my sleeper pick though.

Comment

Meh. You will take your borderline LB or TE in the second round and like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X