2018 Early Declaration Thread...

D

Deuce

As just after I write about not caring if TE’s are here or not, a stud TE from last years Notre Dame class announced he’s transferring to us. :lol

D

Deuce

UCF RS Jr’s Tre-Quan Smith (WR) and Jordan Akins (TE) declare.

Both studs and worth looking at. Akins less so simply because of knee history and he’s gotta be like 26 or 27 years old since he spent 4 years in the Texas Rangers system prior to coming in.

Smith has has been highly productive all 3 years and I think he led the nation in TDS over 20 yards with 9.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
UCF RS Jr’s Tre-Quan Smith (WR) and Jordan Akins (TE) declare.

Both studs and worth looking at. Akins less so simply because of knee history and he’s gotta be like 26 or 27 years old since he spent 4 years in the Texas Rangers system prior to coming in.

Smith has has been highly productive all 3 years and I think he led the nation in TDS over 20 yards with 9.
Smith definitely has been a big play guy in college football. I'm curious to see how fast he runs. Definitely someone I'll pay attention to as a middle round guy. I haven't watched much UCF but I'm definitely intrigued with him.

Akins is a feh to me.

D

Deuce

Smith definitely has been a big play guy in college football. I'm curious to see how fast he runs. Definitely someone I'll pay attention to as a middle round guy. I haven't watched much UCF but I'm definitely intrigued with him.

Akins is a feh to me.
I don’t expect his 40 to be great. He’s a good route runner and has good long speed, but probably not quick enough to really pop in that drill.

Regardless, his film speaks for itself.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t expect his 40 to be great. He’s a good route runner and has good long speed, but probably not quick enough to really pop in that drill.

Regardless, his film speaks for itself.
Yeah he definitely makes some highlight catches. You can see that on his highlights.

D

Deuce

Yeah he definitely makes some highlight catches. You can see that on his highlights.
Phenomenal hands. He can make a tough catch anywhere on the field.

Also, he can run a complete route tree and run block. His first two years were in a pro style system with George O’Leary and you can’t get on the field if you can’t block

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

D

Deuce

UCF CB Mike Hughes declared today.

A 1 year wonder as he was a JUCO transfer, but former 4* from UNC. Phenomenal year from him. He was a shutdown CB all season long, routinely took the best WR on the field which included Sutton from SMU, Pollard from Memphis twice and Valdez-Scantling from USF. Also a monster punt returner.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
72 tackles, that's not very impressive

DLK150

DCC 4Life
As just after I write about not caring if TE’s are here or not, a stud TE from last years Notre Dame class announced he’s transferring to us. :lol
Which one, MacCollister? ND had him penciled in as a DE so maybe he didn't like the position switch.

D

Deuce

Which one, MacCollister? ND had him penciled in as a DE so maybe he didn't like the position switch.
Yes. Apparently he played both in HS. I’m not sure if the switch is why he’s leaving, but we have a couple of his HS teammates on our team so that helps. That includes Parker Boudroux who transfered from ND last year and will start at Guard this season.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yes. Apparently he played both in HS. I’m not sure if the switch is why he’s leaving, but we have a couple of his HS teammates on our team so that helps. That includes Parker Boudroux who transfered from ND last year and will start at Guard this season.
The position switch probably didn't help and a lot of kids from the south don't handle the South Bend weather that well. They think they can deal with it until they experience it. That and the academic workload.

I remember Parker Boudreaux as well. He made a big show out of committing to ND but never saw much PT. I think he might have been one of those guys that thought he was going to start from day one but got buried on the depth chart. About the only positions ND really recruits consistently well are OL and TE.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2512969-the-commitment-megastar-recruit-pulls-16000-lb-bus-to-announce-college-choice

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
UCF CB Mike Hughes declared today.

A 1 year wonder as he was a JUCO transfer, but former 4* from UNC. Phenomenal year from him. He was a shutdown CB all season long, routinely took the best WR on the field which included Sutton from SMU, Pollard from Memphis twice and Valdez-Scantling from USF. Also a monster punt returner.
Somebody named Pollard is the best WR on Memphis?

I was under the impression that it was the guy who put up 200/3 TD's in the CUSA championship.

I do like Hughes though.

D

Deuce

Somebody named Pollard is the best WR on Memphis?

I was under the impression that it was the guy who put up 200/3 TD's in the CUSA championship.

I do like Hughes though.
I like Pollard a lot. He could kill it in the slot at the NFL.

Miller is good...good enough for 37 total yards in the first matchup.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tracking underclassmen intentions for 2018 NFL Draft

NFL.com
Published: Nov. 28, 2017 at 10:48 a.m.
Updated: Jan. 9, 2018 at 06:02 p.m.

Below are underclassmen whose intentions to enter the 2018 NFL Draft have been stated, as well as those that have indicated they intend to return to school for 2018. Underclassmen have until Jan. 15 to file declaration papers with the league. The official list of underclassmen accepted by the NFL will be released to NFL teams on Jan. 19.
Intending on early draft entry

» Josh Adams, RB, Notre Dame
» Olasunkanmi Adeniyi, DE, Toledo
» Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
» Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
» Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
» Dorance Armstrong, DE, Kansas
» Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State
» Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
» Jessie Bates III, S, Wake Forest
» Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
» Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
» Deontay Burnett, WR, USC
» Simmie Cobbs, WR, Indiana
» Keke Coutee, WR, Texas Tech
» James Daniels, C, Iowa
» Sam Darnold, QB, USC
» Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn
» Michael Dickson, P, Texas
» DeShon Elliott, S, Texas
» Nick Gates, OT, Nebraska
» Rashaan Gaulden, DB, Tennessee
» Frank Ginda, LB, San Jose State
» Taylor Hearn, OG, Clemson
» Quadree Henderson, WR, Pittsburgh
» Holton Hill, CB, Texas
» Jeff Holland, OLB, Auburn
» Sam Hubbard, DE, Ohio State
» Mike Hughes, CB, UCF
» Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
» Ryan Izzo, TE, Florida State
» Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
» J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland
» Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
» Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
» Derwin James, S, Florida State
» Richie James, WR, Middle Tennessee State
» Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas
» Kerryon Johnson, RB, Auburn
» Ronald Jones, RB, USC
» Sam Jones, OL, Arizona State
» John Kelly, RB, Tennessee
» Arden Key, Edge, LSU
» Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
» Du'Vonta Lampkin, DT, Oklahoma
» Jordan Lasley, WR, UCLA
» Tanner Lee, QB, Nebraska
» Hercules Mata'afa, DT, Washington State
» Ray-Ray McCloud, WR, Clemson
» Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State
» RJ McIntosh, DT, Miami
» Kahlil McKenzie, DT, Tennessee
» Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
» D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
» Ryan Nall, RB, Oregon State
» Nick Nelson, CB, Wisconsin
» Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
» Kendrick Norton, DT, Miami
» Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
» Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh
» Kamryn Pettway, RB, Auburn
» Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford
» Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida
» Byron Pringle, WR, Kansas State
» Trey Quinn, WR, SMU
» D.J. Reed, CB, Kansas State
» Korey Robertson, WR, Southern Mississippi
» Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
» Christian Sam, LB, Arizona State
» Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford
» Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
» Andre Smith, LB, North Carolina
» Tre'Quan Smith, WR, UCF
» Van Smith, S, Clemson
» Breeland Speaks, DE, Ole Miss
» Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
» Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
» Josh Sweat, DE, Florida State
» Auden Tate, WR, Florida State
» Maea Teuhema, OG, Southeastern Louisiana
» Kevin Toliver, CB, LSU
» Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
» Vita Vea, DT, Washington
» Mark Walton, RB, Miami
» Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
» Toby Weathersby, OT, LSU
» Jordan Whitehead, S, Pittsburgh
» JoJo Wicker, DL, Arizona State
» Jalen Wilkerson, DE, Florida State
» Connor Williams, OT, Texas
Notable players intending to return to school

» T.J. Edwards, LB, Wisconsin
» Ryan Finley, QB, N.C. State
» Will Grier, QB, West Virginia
» Porter Gustin, OLB, USC
» David Sills, WR, West Virginia
» Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn
» Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern

DLK150

DCC 4Life
No to Adams, he's a pretty good back that reminds me some of Eric Dickerson with his upright running style but he's kind of injury prone. Quenton Nelson reminds me of Zack Martin with the way he plays but only if he falls to the second round, he might go in the first round though. No to St. Brown as well, we already have an overrated, inconsistent WR.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No to Adams, he's a pretty good back that reminds me some of Eric Dickerson with his upright running style but he's kind of injury prone. Quenton Nelson reminds me of Zack Martin with the way he plays but only if he falls to the second round, he might go in the first round though. No to St. Brown as well, we already have an overrated, inconsistent WR.
Nelson is not only going in the first round but he may go top 10 in the first round.

Top Bottom