2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I wasn't a fan of Heupel when he was Oklahoma's OC. Sounds like he did a much better job with Missouri's QBs, but I thought he did a terrible job recruiting and developing QBs when he was with us.

He was responsible for the Blake Bell, Trevor Knight, and back end of the Landry Jones era. Easily the worst 4 year stretch of QB play during Stoops 18 years in Norman, OK.

Good luck with it though, Deuce.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:unsure

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

Midswat has worked himself into a meme...

D

Deuce

I wasn't a fan of Heupel when he was Oklahoma's OC. Sounds like he did a much better job with Missouri's QBs, but I thought he did a terrible job recruiting and developing QBs when he was with us.

He was responsible for the Blake Bell, Trevor Knight, and back end of the Landry Jones era. Easily the worst 4 year stretch of QB play during Stoops 18 years in Norman, OK.

Good luck with it though, Deuce.
We certainly didn't hire him for his Oklahoma resume. His results with Mizzou in a short period are what drew him to us.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I gotta admit, Mdiswat's steadfast tenacity regarding Gruden coming to Tennessee has impressed the hell out of me.

At this point it's as if he's simply trying to speak it into existence.

It also has a Costner, 'Tin Cup' feel to it. Midswat continuing to drop "SOON" when the odds are clearly against him, feels just like Costner continuing to try to drive that ball over the water haszard. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
I gotta admit, Mdiswat's steadfast tenacity regarding Gruden coming to Tennessee has impressed the hell out of me.

At this point it's as if he's simply trying to speak it into existence.

It also has a Costner, 'Tin Cup' feel to it. Midswat continuing to drop "SOON" when the odds are clearly against him, feels just like Costner continuing to try to drive that ball over the water haszard. :lol

That is the perfect analogy.

Cotton

Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
We certainly didn't hire him for his Oklahoma resume. His results with Mizzou in a short period are what drew him to us.
Sometimes you miss on QBs and stuff happens. Coaches take the brunt of the punishment for that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Five schools have come by to see my son this week so far.
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION] you need to get UCF on the ball here. We need to hear from them!

D

Deuce

Five schools have come by to see my son this week so far.
@Deuce you need to get UCF on the ball here. We need to hear from them!
Frost told me he was going to see him, but he’s proven over the last few weeks that he’s a liar. I’ll see if I can work some magic with the new guy.

#BelieveTheHeup

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Frost told me he was going to see him, but he’s proven over the last few weeks that he’s a liar. I’ll see if I can work some magic with the new guy.

#BelieveTheHeup

You seemed so sure before that he wasn't leaving

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

#BelieveTheHeup
:towel

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm seeing some Leach to Oregon noise going around. That would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom