Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

D

Deuce

This whole search is very similar to two years ago. Top target was an established guy, but only given a short time to decide before we move on. Before it was Schiano, now it’s Sumlin. Then the rumors swirled about MAC level HC’s while the AD flew under the radar to hit up the young P5 OC. I’m good with Elliott if he’s the guy.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's funny how the goalposts keep moving in regards to the criteria for making the CFB Final 4.

The last several years the argument that was always used to justify not considering Big 12 teams for title games and the playoffs was the Big 12's lack of a conference championship.

I can't count the number of times I heard some committee member or talking head mention how the Big 12 will always be behind the power curve in these arguments until they get that "extra data point" (CCG).

Well here we are two years in a row and a team that sat home during championship weekend is getting a bid to the playoffs. So yeah, they definitely need to stop parroting the nonsense that CCG's are important, because obviously they don't carry a ton of weight.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've been going back and forth with SEC/Georgia fans all morning on Twitter.

I'm reading the same comments that I heard from Bama and Auburn fans leading up to the 2014 and 2017 Sugar Bowls: "Oklahoma doesn't play defense; this ain't the Big 12, bro, OU's offense doesn't have a chance; this is big boy football we're going to run over Oklahoma, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah." I love this stuff. :lol

I look forward to seeing Oklahoma shut up another cocky segment of the SEC.

Soooo...a fan of the team with Baker Mayfield is worried about the SEC being cocky? :unsure

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Soooo...a fan of the team with Baker Mayfield is worried about the SEC being cocky? :unsure
I'll own my hypocrisy. :lol

But hey, at least we back it up when we play them.

Those SOBs think just because Alabama's a powerhouse that it somehow equates to their teams being great as well.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
[MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] I found this for you.

Go ahead and study it.

Cotton

Staff member
Herm Edwards was named head coach of the ASU Sun Devils. Here is the presser after the announcement. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
I hate you, [MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION].

midswat

... soon
Herm Edwards was named head coach of the ASU Sun Devils. Here is the presser after the announcement. :lol

I almost forgot how annoying he was.

Also just read where he agreed to keep all of asu’s staff. Weird situation.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think that he'd make a good college motivator. His players will love him. The set up sounds disastrous though.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

midswat

... soon

Cotton

Staff member
That man may never get a job again.

D

Deuce

UCF has an agreement with their new coach and will be making an announcement later today.

Meanwhile in Knoxville...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom