2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hear a lot of folks saying they think Alabama is one of the best teams but I have yet to hear any substantial reason for thinking that. My contention is they are not. Their schedule was full of Patsies and the couldn’t win their own conference. I am willing to listen to the reasons there are top notch other than pulling from past accomplishments.
Because they destroyed everyone on their schedule except Auburn. The problem is most of the SEC ended up not very good this year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Because they destroyed everyone on their schedule except Auburn. The problem is most of the SEC ended up not very good this year.
Auburn got brushed aside by Georgia in the conference title match.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Auburn got brushed aside by Georgia in the conference title match.
Oklahoma lost to unranked Iowa State. And had close wins against bad teams like Texas and Baylor. So who do you think is the best. Clearly not Oklahoma.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Having interacted with their fans over the last few weeks on Twitter, it really is like a cult. I look forward to their continued demise.
Why am I not following you on Twitter? Handle?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Oklahoma lost to unranked Iowa State. And had close wins against bad teams like Texas and Baylor. So who do you think is the best. Clearly not Oklahoma.
OU seems to have come together more over the course of the season IMO.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They at least won their conference. But your examples about Oklahoma doesn’t say anything about what makes Alabama the best team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They at least won their conference. But your examples about Oklahoma doesn’t say anything about what makes Alabama the best team.
They only lost one game. And in all their victories they dominated. No one else can boast of that.

Like I said, I don't think they deserve to be in the playoffs. But if you ask me who the best team is, it's Alabama. No one else dominated 99% of the season like they did.

Cotton

Staff member
Deuce511.

But you might want to wait a few days. I admit I’ve been insufferable lately and that might last another week.
There is no way you can like or RT things more than jsmith. :unsure

Cotton

Staff member
You have the name Pound Sand, Frost. Nice. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've been going back and forth with SEC/Georgia fans all morning on Twitter.

I'm reading the same comments that I heard from Bama and Auburn fans leading up to the 2014 and 2017 Sugar Bowls: "Oklahoma doesn't play defense; this ain't the Big 12, bro, OU's offense doesn't have a chance; this is big boy football we're going to run over Oklahoma, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah." I love this stuff. :lol

I look forward to seeing Oklahoma shut up another cocky segment of the SEC.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Oklahoma is going to beat Georgia unless that defense puts up an all-timer of a performance. They'll limit OU's offense but I think they should still put up about 27-30 and Georgia's offense will struggle to keep pace.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Deuce511.

But you might want to wait a few days. I admit I’ve been insufferable lately and that might last another week.
Different audience, your behavior is acceptable.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I've been going back and forth with SEC/Georgia fans all morning on Twitter.

I'm reading the same comments that I heard from Bama and Auburn fans leading up to the 2014 and 2017 Sugar Bowls: "Oklahoma doesn't play defense; this ain't the Big 12, bro, OU's offense doesn't have a chance; this is big boy football we're going to run over Oklahoma, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah." I love this stuff. :lol

I look forward to seeing Oklahoma shut up another cocky segment of the SEC.
It pains me to say this - I'll be rooting for your faggity assed, midget Ryan Leaf QB against the SEC.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It pains me to say this - I'll be rooting for your faggity assed, midget Ryan Leaf QB against the SEC.
I appreciate that.

That may be the nicest thing you've ever said about Baker Mayfield. He's growing on you, isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom