2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Dark days are over. Great time to be a Vols fan.

:towel
Is Fulmer going to return to coach as well?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Pulling for Tech.

As a UCF alum, he absolutely hates USF.

:lol
I assumed so, but sometimes he likes to be an asshole to troll us Tech fans.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And I dislike Alabama as much as the next man, and I also feel that they definitely benefit and are afforded luxuries that other schools aren't afforded in this system.

But the one thing that you do have to remember with Ohio state is that just two weeks ago they were absolutely pummeled by an unranked school.

Maybe it turns out this way even if that laws had come to the 18th ranked team in the country or whatever, but that's a really really really bad lost to have on your resume especially so close to the end of the season.

Ohio State screwed over Penn State last year and now they're just getting a little taste of their own medicine.
I don't think Alabama deserves to get in but they are definitely one of the 4 best teams in the Country. And I guess that is sort of the problem with the way college football is designed. Alabama is a better team than either Wisconsin or Ohio State and frankly I think they will be favorites to win the championship.

But it still feels like they don't deserve it since they couldn't even get to their conference championship game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't think Alabama deserves to get in but they are definitely one of the 4 best teams in the Country. And I guess that is sort of the problem with the way college football is designed. Alabama is a better team than either Wisconsin or Ohio State and frankly I think they will be favorites to win the championship.

But it still feels like they don't deserve it since they couldn't even get to their conference championship game.
I hear a lot of folks saying they think Alabama is one of the best teams but I have yet to hear any substantial reason for thinking that. My contention is they are not. Their schedule was full of Patsies and the couldn’t win their own conference. I am willing to listen to the reasons there are top notch other than pulling from past accomplishments.

D

Deuce

Feels good to be a Red Raider, huh?

Side note, I'm glad we have an opponent but I'm not feeling high and mighty about winning.
They're coached by Sterling Gilbert so they can get very predictable which gives you the chance to get out ahead. Be ready for lots of Halfback dives on 1st down. But in the end, if you can contain Flowers and make him a pocket passer, you will win easily.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
They're coached by Sterling Gilbert so they can get very predictable which gives you the chance to get out ahead. Be ready for lots of Halfback dives on 1st down. But in the end, if you can contain Flowers and make him a pocket passer, you will win easily.
Tech had been surprisingly stout in the middle. This is one of those games where there is no win. You beat them and it isn't a big deal. If you get crushed it is terrible.

Plus, nobody is going to the game. It is too far and tech fans are luke warm right now.

midswat

... soon

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Frost is like a god to those people.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Having interacted with their fans over the last few weeks on Twitter, it really is like a cult. I look forward to their continued demise.
Have you even been to Nebraska?

Yeah, that football pride might be all they have.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Having interacted with their fans over the last few weeks on Twitter, it really is like a cult. I look forward to their continued demise.
Oh, it is definitely like a cult there. Nothing like the level of aTm but they certainly worship their program. Most of the fans in real life are pretty nice people though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom