2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
They're going to put Alabama in.

They like to say their job is to pick the "best" 4 teams and I don't think anybody would put money on Ohio St. beating Alabama right now.
There is nothing that I saw this season which would prove the contrary, that’s for sure. Alabama didn’t play anybody (as usual for the SEC), but they’re still a better team than Ohio State.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Alabama didn’t even qualify to play in their own conference championship part of the playoff tournament. I was under the impression that the playoffs were the end result of a season long tournament. I would think that if you couldn’t win your own conference you don’t advance to the best of the final process. Some folks have Bama tatooed on their nutsack. It’s an outright slap in the face to the whole process if they get in. So what if the question is who is the best, if you can’t prove it at the conference level how in the world can you purport it for the national title?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Alabama didn’t even qualify to play in their own conference championship part of the playoff tournament. I was under the impression that the playoffs were the end result of a season long tournament. I would think that if you couldn’t win your own conference you don’t advance to the best of the final process. Some folks have Bama tatooed on their nutsack. It’s an outright slap in the face to the whole process if they get in. So what if the question is who is the best, if you can’t prove it at the conference level how in the world can you purport it for the national title?
Ohio State was in Alabama's position last year and they put them in over the more deserving conference championship winner. Even though they didn't qualify to play in the Big 10 title game, the committee put them in just based on gut feeling. And what made it worse is Ohio State lost during the regular season to Penn State, but the committee still chose OSU over PSU. They just threw that head to head matchup completely out the window and went with their gut decision.

D

Deuce

UCF deserves better.

I think the playoffs need to hold a slot for an undefeated team. That truly makes it a playoff as far as I am concerned.
I agree. The current format isn’t a playoff, it’s an invitational tournament. But whatevs, I’m tired of hating the system. I’m just going to enjoy this experience and hope we can do it again next year with most of this offense returning.

Maybe, just maybe, if we have a top 15 preseason ranking and put up the same performance, we’ll have a shot next year.

D

Deuce

Deuce's feelings are legitimately hurt. My TL is flooded with anti-Nebraska/Scott Frost stuff that he's "liked" or retweeted. I may have to mute him to clear my feed from all the UCF garbage. :lol
lol my bad.

midswat

... soon
Deuce's feelings are legitimately hurt. My TL is flooded with anti-Nebraska/Scott Frost stuff that he's "liked" or retweeted. I may have to mute him to clear my feed from all the UCF garbage. :lol
:lol :lol :lol

D

Deuce

1bigfan13

Staff member
lol my bad.
It's alright. I understand it's an emotional event.

Just think about the good times with Frost and things will eventually get better.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

It's alright. I understand it an emotional event.

Just think about the good times with Frost and things will eventually get better.
Honestly, I was good til I got home from the game. Frost leaving was known and I was afraid the week of distractions for the players would ruin the end to a phenomenal season. I was pissed during the game because his butt buddy DC obviously wasn’t putting in any effort yesterday, but we won so all forgiven.

But I get home to find out that Nebraska essentially tried to steal our spotlight by announcing it during the game and stuff has come out about the coaches during this week. Shady stuff like guys we had in on official visits last week being told that the coaches were leaving and await their Nebraska offer. Not only did they waste our resources to do this, but these recruits found out before our own players. I lost all respect for that staff. Good riddance.

midswat

... soon
I didn’t watch the game but did see where the reporter asked him as he was walking off the field about it. Pretty classless. Let the coach and team enjoy that moment. Nebraska story can wait an hour.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Honestly, I was good til I got home from the game. Frost leaving was known and I was afraid the week of distractions for the players would ruin the end to a phenomenal season. I was pissed during the game because his butt buddy DC obviously wasn’t putting in any effort yesterday, but we won so all forgiven.

But I get home to find out that Nebraska essentially tried to steal our spotlight by announcing it during the game and stuff has come out about the coaches during this week. Shady stuff like guys we had in on official visits last week being told that the coaches were leaving and await their Nebraska offer. Not only did they waste our resources to do this, but these recruits found out before our own players. I lost all respect for that staff. Good riddance.
Yeah that was complete BS. I saw these "BREAKING NEWS" announcements about it being a done deal, per "sources".....all while the UCF game was going on. That was ridiculous. I can't recall ever seeing a situation like that. Usually they display a little decency and hold the questions and announcements until after the game.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Yeah that was complete BS. I saw I these "BREAKING NEWS" announcements about it being a done deal, per "sources".....all while the UCF game was going on. That was ridiculous. I can't recall ever seeing a situation like that. Usually they display a little decency and hold the questions and announcements until after the game.
It goes even beyond that. Moos made an unexpected trip to Philadelphia while we were playing Temple. He claimed he wasn’t “condo shopping” but you could tell by his reaction when answering the question that he didn’t have an answer and didn’t expect anyone to know.

What makes that situation worse is that Mike Riley was still employed and coaching a game that day for Nebraska. Very low class to negotiate with a new coach before you even release the previous. I wish nothing but destruction for that entire athletic department.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't really give two fucks about Frost, UCF or Nebraska, nor have I been paying much attention to any of it, but anytime I heard it mentioned it was always followed with something along the lines of "Frost and his family are really torn up about the decision, they love it in Orlando, he truly doesn't know what he wants to do, blah, blah, blah" and it just always felt like a very concerted PR effort to hide his true intentions, which seems to have been confirmed now.

Anybody with a brain knew this guy wasn't going to turn down his alma mater where he won a championship plus a huge pay raise, and it seems he's known for at least a week or so now, and with all this recruiting stuff coming to the surface and how he seemingly already has a staff in place it really does seem like he's a bit of a snake.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The case is that Alabama would be favored by double digits over Ohio St. and would likely roll them head to head.

D

Deuce

Ive been calling this CFP Committee a sham for a while and theyre proving it again with Alabama.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ive been calling this CFP Committee a sham for a while and theyre proving it again with Alabama.
This pisses me off bad. Alabama has beaten, well, nobody of real consequence.

D

Deuce

This pisses me off bad. Alabama has beaten, well, nobody of real consequence.
They didn’t even win their division, let alone conference. They are the definition of an at large team in a march Madness, but they’re a shoe-in for this rigged system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom