2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
One of Tech's new signees has been on campus a few weeks and he has already used a knife to cut the face of one of his linemen open in an altercation. He has been removed from the team. That's too bad because we could use a few Irvins on the team.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Texas Tech will still suck [/thread]

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You people are missing the point. The face slash is the most exciting thing that has happened with the football team in a year. Let's focus on that and enjoy the moment.

D

Deuce

2 good things this recruiting cycle:

- UCF finally making enroads with IMG Academy and pulled a stud WR perfect for Frosts offense. I hope we can continue to build on that relationship with the school.

- With Taggart leaving USF, they are down to 11 commits with 3 days til NSD and Strong doesn't look to be closing very well. lulz:towel

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You people are missing the point. The face slash is the most exciting thing that has happened with the football team in a year. Let's focus on that and enjoy the moment.
If the guy was a defensive player you could say he is the most aggressive we have been in years....

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Tomorrow is college christmas with signing day and all. Kliff apparently has run out of steam as a recruiter. We have a nice DB and OL class but generally speaking whiffed on many other fronts.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
BTW, if Tech doesn't make significant progress this year we might be headed for a serious trip to the basement for years to come.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Tomorrow I college christmas with signing day and all. Kliff apparently has run out of steam as a recruiter. We have a nice DB and OL class but generally speaking whiffed on many other fronts.
Doesnt surprise me. He is probably too busy coming up with the next WWE routine.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
BTW, if Tech doesn't make significant progress this year we might be headed for a serious trip to the basement for years to come.
With Baylor continuing to nosedive that should open it up a little more for teams like Tech.

It looks like Oklahoma will have a decent class as usual but I'm disappointed in the defensive players that they're bringing in. I was hoping for more size in order to better match up with the elite teams on the national level, but instead it looks like we'll be treated to more 210 lbs linebackers and 170 lbs defensive backs. Teams like Clemson and Ohio State have WRs who are bigger than these linebackers we're bringing in.

It's the same problem year after year. Then they wonder why they're getting their asses handed to them in the trenches damn near every time they play in a meaningful bowl.

So it looks like it'll be more of the same from OU. They'll have a team that's perfectly built to get through the Big 12 but will be too small and will be steamrolled by elite, bigger teams from other conferences.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I know the Tech fans are looking at my last post like....."Boo f'ing hoo, asshole. We'd kill for that type of season."

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
With Baylor continuing to nosedive that should open it up a little more for teams like Tech.

It looks like Oklahoma will have a decent class as usual but I'm disappointed in the defensive players that they're bringing in. I was hoping for more size in order to better match up with the elite teams on the national level, but instead it looks like we'll be treated to more 210 lbs linebackers and 170 lbs defensive backs. Teams like Clemson and Ohio State have WRs who are bigger than these linebackers we're bringing in.

It's the same problem year after year. Then they wonder why they're getting their asses handed to them in the trenches damn near every time they play in a meaningful bowl.

So it looks like it'll be more of the same from OU. They'll have a team that's perfectly built to get through the Big 12 but will be too small and will be steamrolled by elite, bigger teams from other conferences.
Those rape enablers actually pulled off a decent class in about a month.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tomorrow is college christmas with signing day and all. Kliff apparently has run out of steam as a recruiter. We have a nice DB and OL class but generally speaking whiffed on many other fronts.
Kliff has run out of steam, period. Not that he had a lot of steam to begin with. I was excited to see the King return, but I've run out of patience. We are going to have to move on.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:flip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom