2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
Anyone want to continue to doubt me on Gruden to Tennessee?

I told you. It’s a done deal.

D

Deuce

Anyone want to continue to doubt me on Gruden to Tennessee?

I told you. It’s a done deal.
UF is rumored to be negotiating MacElwain’s release this weekend and he could be out by Monday. I now hope they get Gruden just for you.

midswat

... soon
If I were to speculate, I’d say UF is targeting Scott Frost.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
UF is rumored to be negotiating MacElwain’s release this weekend and he could be out by Monday. I now hope they get Gruden just for you.
Based partially on this, maybe McElwain *wants* out:

http://gridironnow.com/jim-mcelwain-exit-closer-than-everyone-thinks/

As far as Gruden goes, he's been the target of coaching rumors for yeeeears. When the UND job came open after the Willingham debacle, Irish fans were convinced he would be the next HC because he went to school/played football in HS in South Bend and his father was an assistant for Dan Devine at ND.

It's that time of year in CFB where the coach rumors start flying, I usually take them with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

If I were to speculate, I’d say UF is targeting Scott Frost.
They would be smart too, but their elitist attitude will eventually be their downfall again. They went with a mid-major coach last time and so now they think they deserve the proven best. They’ll go after Chip Kelly and whatever else at first. Get turned down and probably settle on Charlie Strong.

midswat

... soon
:rolleyes
I can’t be any more clear on this:

Jon Gruden will be the next football coach of the Tennessee Volunteers. Not speculating. Not hoping. Not wishful thinking. It is a done deal.

D

Deuce

I kind of want Gruden back in coaching. He’ll flame out like he did in Tampa once Dungey’s defense got old.

midswat

... soon
They would be smart too, but their elitist attitude will eventually be their downfall again. They went with a mid-major coach last time and so now they think they deserve the proven best. They’ll go after Chip Kelly and whatever else at first. Get turned down and probably settle on Charlie Strong.
Hope so. I really like Frost.

midswat

... soon
I kind of want Gruden back in coaching. He’ll flame out like he did in Tampa once Dungey’s defense got old.
You’ll get your wish shortly. Repeat after me: Go Vols!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:rolleyes
I can’t be any more clear on this:

Jon Gruden will be the next football coach of the Tennessee Volunteers. Not speculating. Not hoping. Not wishful thinking. It is a done deal.
So...not guessing?

midswat

... soon
So...not guessing?
:lol

I'm literally not though.

Listen, I know no one believes me and that's fine. I don't care about e-cred or whatever the fuck. Just think to yourself though... I've "known" and posted with most of you off and on for well over a decade. Of all the dumbass shit I've ever done on these forums, have I ever once tried to claim "insider" or anything of the like? Answer is no. Sure as hell wouldn't be doing so now on a Cowboys forum about a college team that maybe 1 other person on this forum even gives a fuck about.

But the truth is, this is a done deal. Gruden will be the Vols head coach in 2018. This will become more of a "story" nationally real soon. And when it is announced, you can dismiss all of my posts in this thread as a broke clock being right twice a day or whatever. I don't care.

I'm just a guy who is really excited for what lies ahead for the Vols. I love football. My two favorite teams have been virtual jokes the last twenty years or so. Even when the Cowboys turn out a miracle season, I can't ever get full homer mode anymore because I know Garrett or (then) Romo or something would happen to muck it up. As if Jerry sold his soul to win with Barry and now the team is forever cursed so long as Jerry lives. This is like the Cowboys hiring Parcells - I'm excited again.

vince

Not So New Member
I won't be surprised if Texas Tech beat OU today. We've upset them before.

D

Deuce

I'm literally not though.

Listen, I know no one believes me and that's fine. I don't care about e-cred or whatever the fuck. Just think to yourself though... I've "known" and posted with most of you off and on for well over a decade. Of all the dumbass shit I've ever done on these forums, have I ever once tried to claim "insider" or anything of the like? Answer is no. Sure as hell wouldn't be doing so now on a Cowboys forum about a college team that maybe 1 other person on this forum even gives a fuck about.

But the truth is, this is a done deal. Gruden will be the Vols head coach in 2018. This will become more of a "story" nationally real soon. And when it is announced, you can dismiss all of my posts in this thread as a broke clock being right twice a day or whatever. I don't care.

I'm just a guy who is really excited for what lies ahead for the Vols. I love football. My two favorite teams have been virtual jokes the last twenty years or so. Even when the Cowboys turn out a miracle season, I can't ever get full homer mode anymore because I know Garrett or (then) Romo or something would happen to muck it up. As if Jerry sold his soul to win with Barry and now the team is forever cursed so long as Jerry lives. This is like the Cowboys hiring Parcells - I'm excited again.
If this comes to fruition, you will get props. I will only demand a still shot of the espn ticker with the breaking news and photoshop at the end saying (source: Midwest, ya dumbasses).

midswat

... soon
If this comes to fruition, you will get props. I will only demand a still shot of the espn ticker with the breaking news and photoshop at the end saying (source: Midwest, ya dumbasses).

When it comes to fruition, you mean.

I'm no good at photoshop, so I can't help with the last part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom