2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maryland already has a top 20 class but just added a surprise 4 star RB who wasn't even on the radar.

Lul.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maryland already has a top 20 class but just added a surprise 4 star RB who wasn't even on the radar.

Lul.
Yeah they pull great recruits. Now if only they could figure out how to actually do something on the football field.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah they pull great recruits. Now if only they could figure out how to actually do something on the football field.
They only started getting recruits under Durkin.

Edsall's recruiting was more or less horrific. He would get one or two big name local guys each class but the majority of the class was rounded out by 2/3 star types. Very little 4 star depth in between a few 5 star big names and the rest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Third best recruiting class in the nation. Thank you, Harbaugh.

D

Deuce

Lul.
Apparently that RB didn't send in his LOI and signed with UCF today. haha

I still doubt he qualifies but it's funny.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Apparently that RB didn't send in his LOI and signed with UCF today. haha

I still doubt he qualifies but it's funny.
Amusing, it seemed like he wouldn't qualify but it was a boost in the rankings. Either way it's still Maryland's best class in at least 10 or so years.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am surprised A&M still got what seems to be a top 10 class, unless they get a good QB this will be Sumlins last year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Oklahoma ended up doing a little better than I thought they'd do. They finished in the top 10 (7-10 depending on the recruiting service).

The even managed to land some beefier DL, which is what I've been begging for them to do for about 5 years now. They brought in 3 DL who are 270 lbs and above.

As an aside, one of my high school classmates has a son who's a 4-star CB that signed with OU. That's how you know you're getting old.

Cotton

Staff member
Oklahoma ended up doing a little better than I thought they'd do. They finished in the top 10 (7-10 depending on the recruiting service).
:flip

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've read a couple of articles about the leaked texts and email messages between Art Briles and the Baylor staff.

That dude should never be allowed to coach again. And I'm not one of those guys who thinks that just because a player messes up once he should never be allowed to play football again.

Briles has shown that he is a serial offender. We're talking dozens of instances where his players sexually assaulted women, pulled guns on people, etc. and his response was to keep things quiet. You can't have a guy like that as part of your program no matter how talented the guy is. Even if he were winning championships every other year like Nick Saban, you can't allow a guy like that to be part of your program. We're not talking about covering up illegal payments/benefits to players, academic fraud, or some other petty bullshit NCAA infractions.......we're talking about felonies that get most people sent to prison for 10 years minimum.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I've read a couple of articles about the leaked texts and email messages between Art Briles and the Baylor staff.

That dude should never be allowed to coach again. And I'm not one of those guys who thinks that just because a player messes up once, he should never be allowed to play football again.

Briles has shown that he is a serial offender. We're talking dozens of instances where his players sexually assaulted women, pulled guns on people, etc. and his response was to keep things quiet. You can't have a guy like that as part of your program no matter how talented the guy is. Even if he were winning championships every other year like Nick Saban, you can't allow a guy like that to be part of your program. We're not talking about covering up illegal payments/benefits to players, academic fraud, or some other petty bullshit NCAA infractions.......we're talking about felonies that get most people sent to prison for 10 years minimum.
You're right, he probably should never be allowed to coach again, but you know he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom