X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't really give two fucks about Frost, UCF or Nebraska, nor have I been paying much attention to any of it, but anytime I heard it mentioned it was always followed with something along the lines of "Frost and his family are really torn up about the decision, they love it in Orlando, he truly doesn't know what he wants to do, blah, blah, blah" and it just always felt like a very concerted PR effort to hide his true intentions, which seems to have been confirmed now.

Anybody with a brain knew this guy wasn't going to turn down his alma mater where he won a championship plus a huge pay raise, and it seems he's known for at least a week or so now, and with all this recruiting stuff coming to the surface and how he seemingly already has a staff in place it really does seem like he's a bit of a snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
      The case is that Alabama would be favored by double digits over Ohio St. and would likely roll them head to head.

Comment

• Ive been calling this CFP Committee a sham for a while and theyre proving it again with Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
          Ive been calling this CFP Committee a sham for a while and theyre proving it again with Alabama.
          This pisses me off bad. Alabama has beaten, well, nobody of real consequence.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
            This pisses me off bad. Alabama has beaten, well, nobody of real consequence.
            They didn’t even win their division, let alone conference. They are the definition of an at large team in a march Madness, but they’re a shoe-in for this rigged system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post
              They didn’t even win their division, let alone conference. They are the definition of an at large team in a march Madness, but they’re a shoe-in for this rigged system.
              I guess they think the travelling bandwagon fanbase they have is important.

Fuck them.

Comment

• Such bullshit.
                2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Plan9Misfit View Post
                  Iíd just like to know why Ohio Stateís resume is better than USCs. Both of USCís losses were on the road to ranked teams, where Ohio State was blown out both at home AND on the road...and one of which was to an unranked Iowa. To me, USC actually has the better resume. Not that they deserve to be there, either.
                  Alabama gets it because they are viewed as the best if even they haven't proven it on the field.

Comment

• SOON

Comment

• Ohio State has a better resume but also 2 losses. If OSU were matched against Alabama today who would be favored to win? You'd probably have to say that Alabama would win that game.

Also, nobody said the rules were that a conference winner is in. They are trying to get the better teams in. Who are the better teams? That is the bottom line.

Comment

The same can be said for USC, which is a better team than Ohio State.
                        No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

Comment

• All this garbage does is leverage the opportunity to expand the playoff to 8 teams, which is what college football wants, anyway. Quite honestly, no team fit the #4 spot particularly well. Alabama (being the open hypocrites they are) shouldn’t be there because they’re violating their own “you shouldn’t get in if you didn’t win your conference” mantra. Ohio State was humiliated twice. USC was humiliated by Notre Dame. Wisconsin shit the bed when they had a chance to put a pretty little bow on the whole thing. Seriously, no team deserved to be there. So in light of that, one reasonable (albeit imperfect) approach would be to default to “the best team” argument. If you do that, you’d pick Alabama to beat Ohio State or USC, and by a very wide margin. It’s not perfect, but it is what it is.
                          No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

Comment

I wish I knew but I could see this coming because last week Bama was moved to the #5position in anticipation of an upset this week end.
                            Since Day One

Comment

Such bullshit.
                              Think of the ratings for a Clemson/Alabama rematch, huh, huh? That alone probably drove this train.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plan9Misfit View Post
                                All this garbage does is leverage the opportunity to expand the playoff to 8 teams, which is what college football wants, anyway. Quite honestly, no team fit the #4 spot particularly well. Alabama (being the open hypocrites they are) shouldn’t be there because they’re violating their own “you shouldn’t get in if you didn’t win your conference” mantra. Ohio State was humiliated twice. USC was humiliated by Notre Dame. Wisconsin shit the bed when they had a chance to put a pretty little bow on the whole thing. Seriously, no team deserved to be there. So in light of that, one reasonable (albeit imperfect) approach would be to default to “the best team” argument. If you do that, you’d pick Alabama to beat Ohio State or USC, and by a very wide margin. It’s not perfect, but it is what it is.
                                8 teams is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X