2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
I can't remember the exact storyline as to how it came to be, but maybe board historian, @pdom, can recollect.
Senor Green Balloon is telling the story of how his relatives have this dog that is extremely unfriendly to strangers. He visits the relatives for the first time and immediately its mans best friend. Shortly thereafter, the dogs owner goes on vacation or something and someone (the dog sitter, methinks) cannot control the dog as doggie is in bezerker mode.

dog sitter calls green balloon on the telephone and instantly the dog calms down.

At the time of this story being told, the “yes, this is dog” meme has just started going viral. I think Deuce or Carp drops this meme. As the meme grows in popularity, it’s just funny as our imaginations have a backstory.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Senor Green Balloon is telling the story of how his relatives have this dog that is extremely unfriendly to strangers. He visits the relatives for the first time and immediately its mans best friend. Shortly thereafter, the dogs owner goes on vacation or something and someone (the dog sitter, methinks) cannot control the dog as doggie is in bezerker mode.

dog sitter calls green balloon on the telephone and instantly the dog calms down.

At the time of this story being told, the “yes, this is dog” meme has just started going viral. I think Deuce or Carp drops this meme. As the meme grows in popularity, it’s just funny as our imaginations have a backstory.
:lol

Yes, that was it. And, I believe it was Carp that dropped the meme. Mucho props, Phil.

midswat

... soon
Vols hiring Dave doeren.

Fuck it. Going back to not giving a shit about college football.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

They can't even get Doeren to take a bite out of that shit sandwich.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What about a 5th year senior? What are the rules on player-coaches in the NCAA? Surely one of the seniors could step in as a one year interim coach.

I'd explore that option or look into having one of the graduate assistants coach under the one year interim tag.

#VolNation

midswat

... soon

They can't even get Doeren take take a bite out of that shit sandwich.
Thank christ.

Also this new miss needs to lead to Currie getting fired.

Then - prepare to flame - Gruden is back on the table.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Seriously, every other job is almost filled, so there's no huge hurry. Couldn't you fire Currie, get a new AD, and then let him make the hire?

Curry being so unstable has to be one reason everyone is turning it down.

midswat

... soon
Seriously, every other job is almost filled, so there's no huge hurry. Couldn't you fire Currie, get a new AD, and then let him make the hire?

Curry being so unstable has to be one reason everyone is turning it down.
That is the common sense thing to do. He has bungled this entire thing up. But for some reason it isn’t happening. It makes zero sense.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I'm not sure if you realize, but that meme is a DCC classic. Not with those words, obviously, but it is a part of DCC lore.
Yeah I thought that Smith might have been an alter ego to Carp. (Carphalen)

midswat

... soon
Supposedly looking at Kevin sumlin next.

Not sure how I feel about that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I just got a call from the AD with an offer from Tennesseee. Apparently my coaching career trajectory was impressive. 10+ years of youth coaching plus 6 + years of high school sixman (HEAD COACH) coaching is nothing to sneeze at. I think I'll pass but it was flattering.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Supposedly looking at Kevin sumlin next.

Not sure how I feel about that.
He's ok, his success/failure will ride on who he gets as coordinators

Cotton

Staff member
That is the common sense thing to do. He has bungled this entire thing up. But for some reason it isn’t happening. It makes zero sense.
Eff you for that avatar.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
One thing lost in all this, is how Jimbo thinks the fans turned on him this year after all the injuries. There is a couple of games in the middle of the season where they were getting booed off the field and he had lots to say about it in the post game press conference. He may just want a fresh start.

Plus the whole thing with his wife cheating on him with a former FSU player. :lol

:lol Oh shit.

Cotton

Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This is all middie's fault. Had he not popped off he would have had his man. Karma strikes again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom