2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Signing Day is set by the NCAA. The conferences don't get to decide when they do it and the LOI's aren't office until the date the NCAA sets.
Sorry, I guess when I say the Major Conferences I'm really referring to the NCAA.

D

Deuce

Sorry, I guess when I say the Major Conferences I'm really referring to the NCAA.
Gotcha.

I don't think they will move Signing Day itself. Adding an early Signing Day to the 2nd week of December still gives team about 2 1/2 months to see where they stand in regards to the recruits left on the board and focus on putting their resources in the right place.

It'll also be nice to not have your team continue to waste resources on players that are committed but being wooed by others. If they sign early, put them on the backburner and focus on the remaining targets.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Probably, but it will force them to be more proactive and less lazy. I can't tell you how many times the lower level P5 teams swoop in a day before signing day when they know they aren't getting what they really want and offer a kid spur of the moment. No visits, no real contact until then. Most time kids are smart enough to follow through with the team they know, but sometimes they just see the conference logo and prestige that comes along with it and jump at a chance sight unseen. This will force them to start targeting these kids earlier and actually recruit them.
No doubt about it. I think this makes the top recruiters work harder. It will change the landscape somewhat.

The Senior that blows up after the season may be the player that it changes things for the most.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Per the Twitter, Bob Stoops is retiring effective immediately....Lincoln Riley taking over.

D

Deuce

Darn, I liked having historical powers with underachieving coaches.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Full Stoops statement:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
And Texas Tech keeps giving to the college football world. Just not to itself.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Did Stoop wide stance in the locker room stall or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom