2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Meanwhile, there were allegations of Peyton Manning sexually assaulting a female trainer by placing his junk in her face, as well as the recent settlement of a sexual assault lawsuit against UT......crickets from the UT fan base. No protest or anything. But now all of a sudden they are all RAARGHHH!!!1!11 about Schiano, which is literally nothing but the hearsay of one individual.

:lol

But hey, they are standing on high moral grand and stuff.

They're doing it for the kids!!! :lol
:lol

Good point. They didn't get pissed then. But since they hated the possibility of Schiano, they ran with it.

midswat

... soon
You guys are naive if you think it was just the fans that stopped this hire.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We are only going on what had been reported. If you have verifiable accounts of something different please share.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Maybe the fans didn't stop the hire but that still doesn't explain the lack of fan outrage over previous allegations of sexual assault.

12 months ago Tennessee fans turned a deaf ear to those things, but now they are pitching a fit over some 3rd party hearsay involving Schiano.

Why is that?

midswat

... soon
We are only going on what had been reported. If you have verifiable accounts of something different please share.
It’s been reported multiple times that big money boosters and state legislators were against the hire.

There’s more. Twitter is your friend.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Could it be possible that big money boosters and others killed the deal because of outrage?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It’s been reported multiple times that big money boosters and state legislators were against the hire.

There’s more. Twitter is your friend.
Thanks. I don’t tweet, twit or tflutter. Didn’t see much of anything about it except there was a huge student rebellion about it.

midswat

... soon

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
You're wrong with your assessment of the Tennessee program and its fans. Despite not winning a National Championship in almost 20 years, and really, being almost irrelevant in the grand scheme, Tennessee is still - by any metric you want to compare (financial resources, conference, location, recruiting, facilities, stadium, history, etc) one of the premier programs/coaching gigs in the nation. You can take your shots at the Vols, but do your research on the above and you'll see I'm right.

Our problem is, and has been, leadership. I'm uncanny how similar to the Cowboys it is. We hire poor ADs who are lap dogs to Jimmy Haslam. Derek Dooley recruited well here. Lane Kiffin recruited well here. Butch fucking Jones recruited well here. On his way to the FIRST 8 loss season in our history, Tennessee still had the #2 recruiting class in the SEC and a top 10 class in the nation.

Saying the Vols fans are entitled and delusional is like saying us Cowboys fans are as well. Vols fans didn't revolt against Kiffin or Dooley or Butch. Saying we want a name? I guarantee had Mullen been named, everyone would've been happy.

This fan revolt, which included much more than fans mind you, had to do with Schiano knowing about Sandusky - walked in on him in the act - and did nothing. The guy covered up child rape. Not wanting that guy associated with our program isn't entitlement or delusion.

Final game of the season, while we're 4-7, while Brady Hoke was the interim, there were 85k fans in the stadium. Vols have passionate, loyal fans. Not entitled or delusional.
I don’t think I’d put Tennessee in the top 10 of football programs, maybe not even top 15, so it’s hard to say that it’s “elite” if it isn’t a top 10-15program. It’s still a really good job, but not elite.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don’t think I’d put Tennessee in the top 10 of football programs, maybe not even top 15, so it’s hard to say that it’s “elite” if it isn’t a top 10-15program. It’s still a really good job, but not elite.
They have tremendous fan support and a good amount of money.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

midswat

... soon
I also think you ought to win your conference to get in.

If we ever expand then sure, add wildcards. But weird to me how you can be national champ without being Sec/big 10 champ ect

D

Deuce

I also think you ought to win your conference to get in.

If we ever expand then sure, add wildcards. But weird to me how you can be national champ without being Sec/big 10 champ ect
I agree whole heartedly.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Well, at least the last name starts with a G, amirite, [MENTION=98]midswat[/MENTION]?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Gundy is a really good coach, though. He's one of those guys who might not get the fan base too fired up, but would probably do a good job.

He is weird, though. Wonder if the spotlight at a school like that would get to him. He has pretty friendly media where he is now.

Cotton

Staff member
Gundy is a really good coach, though. He's one of those guys who might not get the fan base too fired up, but would probably do a good job.

He is weird, though. Wonder if the spotlight at a school like that would get to him. He has pretty friendly media where he is now.
I can't see anyway in the world they could lure Gundy away from OSU.

midswat

... soon
Gundy did this in 2012. He’s using us for leverage to get more money ok state.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Only the Yankees' search for a new manager is more chaotic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom