Jeffery Simmons Suffers Torn ACL

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm a really big fan of Simmons, depending on how the board looks I'd definitely think about it at the end of the 2nd, and if you told me he was there at the end of the 3rd I think I'd take him sight unseen.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's our 2nd round "1st round steal".
I'd love to have him in Dallas. I think he is a legit potential elite 3 technique. But not sure we can really afford a redshirt rookie either in the second.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd love to have him in Dallas. I think he is a legit potential elite 3 technique. But not sure we can really afford a redshirt rookie either in the second.
Not without a first we don't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not without a first we don't.
That's the problem, if we had a first I probably wouldn't mind a redshirt in the second round on a talent as good as Simmons. But your immediate impact guys usually come in the first two rounds. Coming out of the offseason with no impact guys for next year just seems unacceptable. And frankly we can't trust getting any in free agency.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Redshirt first years are of no concern to me if you are confident you'll be getting an elite player in the future. It's relatively rare that rookies are Pro Bowlers their first year anyway, especially late first rounders. Wha, we can't afford to not select another Taco Charlton or Byron Jones? We can't afford to miss out on another Connor Williams? Look, I like Connor Williams a lot, but his impact this year was not so great that we couldn't have held out a year without him. XSF ended up splitting time with him anyway.

If there's an elite player, take him. I don't care one bit if I have to wait a year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the board is bare at the end of the 2nd I think you have to give it strong consideration. If a guy who I had rated as a late 1st/early 2nd is there, someone like Jaylon Ferguson, Nasir Adderley or Dre'Mont Jones, then I'd take them, but if the board is just kind of a mishmash of borderline 2nd/3rd types I think I'd take the risk on Simmons.

D

Deuce

This is the type of guy we would have to trade up for. Most crappy teams at the top of the draft will easily give up their 2nd to lock him down. I look forward to seeing him on the Giants.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is the type of guy we would have to trade up for. Most crappy teams at the top of the draft will easily give up their 2nd to lock him down. I look forward to seeing him on the Giants.
I don't trade up for a red-shirt.

Sorry, but we are not in the position that we can afford to do that.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, I really like Simmons but I'm not trading up for him unless it's something nominal like a 6th.

D

Deuce

I don't trade up for a red-shirt.

Sorry, but we are not in the position that we can afford to do that.
I’m not advocating for it, just stating that’s what it would take.

Id rather grab a DB and watch Byron Jones walk.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd be fine going with Joejuan Williams in the 2nd with an eye on letting Jones walk.

Top Bottom