Kyler Murray Decides

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
All this is just media sour grapes because he avoided them and anyone that says he can’t play is just out of their mind . I saw almost every game he played from H.S.on and I doubt some of these commentary gurus may have never watch a game. I dont know why the interview avoidance but it’s not any indication of his abilities.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Will be interesting to see what his Wonderlic score is. We know he's a dick, but is he dumb as well? I'd like my QB to score 25 or higher.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All this is just media sour grapes because he avoided them and anyone that says he can’t play is just out of their mind . I saw almost every game he played from H.S.on and I doubt some of these commentary gurus may have never watch a game. I dont know why the interview avoidance but it’s not any indication of his abilities.
He is clearly an A+ athlete. You don't get drafted that high in two professional sports if you aren't.

But the mental demands on an NFL QB are unlike in HS and college. Not many are special enough to handle that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Will be interesting to see what his Wonderlic score is. We know he's a dick, but is he dumb as well? I'd like my QB to score 25 or higher.
He might be quite intelligent looking if he scores high on the Wonderlic and really not be functionally smart for the job. Dan Marino seemed like a drooling retard if you just based it on his Wonderlic.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's never seemed anything like a dick to me. He's pretty quiet and reserved from what I can see. Maybe some think that quiet nature plus some cockiness shows bad leadership?

And I never heard anything about a bad work ethic at OU. He improved dramatically as a passer from his time at A&M to OU, and I don't see how that happens without working at it.

I could understand being bad on the board coming out of that system, but he's never seemed like a dumb guy to me so surely he could learn what he needed to.

My question is what the Cards really think of Rosen. This could all be a case of they think he's a bust and there's no point even going forward with him. I don't think I saw a single snap he played last year.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He's never seemed anything like a dick to me. He's pretty quiet and reserved from what I can see.
The Dan Patrick interview didn't do him any favors. And now this. Mayfield is a cocky asshole, but he didn't alienate teams during the interview process. Maybe it's nothing, but you'd rather have zero red flags around your de facto team leader.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Anyone remember how Aikman was aloof and avoided the media. Yet his team mates had tremendous respect for him. Don’t believe all this sensationalism. I do know for a fact however that he doesn’t care for study habits if it doesn’t interest him. The reason I know is because of one of his H.S. teachers and this was passed along. It’s been his albatross even in college. If he isn’t interested in something he simply isn’t motivated to try to work through it but trust me when I say he is extremely motivated in playing football.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I guess either some weird shit was going on or people are putting out crap trying to push him down in the draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anyone remember how Aikman was aloof and avoided the media. Yet his team mates had tremendous respect for him. Don’t believe all this sensationalism. I do know for a fact however that he doesn’t care for study habits if it doesn’t interest him. The reason I know is because of one of his H.S. teachers and this was passed along. It’s been his albatross even in college. If he isn’t interested in something he simply isn’t motivated to try to work through it but trust me when I say he is extremely motivated in playing football.
This isn't an aloof thing.

It is an aloof, dumb, system QB thing,

This is a player who no matter what you think has a mountain to climb in terms of physical challenges.

And now you add intangibles?

You can't spin it positive if all factors are even partially true.

That said, it might be misinformation and BS, but I will just go with my gut feeling.

I think the kid fails. Don't have anything against him.

But for him to succeed, he is going to have a near perfect incubator.

Maybe that is in Arizona. I don't know.

But to think he is a talent that translates anywhere?

Absolutely no way.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

This is a player who no matter what you think has a mountain to climb in terms of physical challenges.

That said, it might be misinformation and BS, but I will just go with my gut feeling.

Absolutely no way.
You have a right to your opinion as long as you realize it is your oplnion.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Absolutely no way.
LT is actually close to what I heard about Kyler while he was at A&M with his study habits comment, he had loads of talent but was an entitled little shit with a helicopter dad that ran cover for him constantly. The aloof thing...yeah no he was just an ass

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
LT is actually close to what I heard about Kyler while he was at A&M with his study habits comment, he had loads of talent but was an entitled little shit with a helicopter dad that ran cover for him constantly. The aloof thing...yeah no he was just an ass
Sounds like Tech fans opinion of Baker...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Sounds like Tech fans opinion of Baker...
I have nothing against him and hope he does well. I don't think he was done any favors by coming to us when he had a pushover in Sumlin that played him before he was ready and allowed that kind of stuff to continue but that was the scuttlebutt from when he was at CS :shrug

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have nothing against him and hope he does well. I don't think he was done any favors by coming to us when he had a pushover in Sumlin that played him before he was ready and allowed that kind of stuff to continue but that was the scuttlebutt from when he was at CS :shrug
Yeah he is definitely the most interesting QB prospect I have seen in a long time. He is just so much different then your usual first round QB. It will either end in great success or go up in flames horribly. Either way its worth watching.

Top Bottom