Kyler Murray Decides

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I saw this coming a long time ago. Good for him. Go with your heart and don't look for the easiest money.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This happening would really set the league on its ear.

Kingsbury with a college QB coming to whip all the old school NFL types.

I'd just like it to happen for the intrigue.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

If I’m Arizona, I’m on the phone with Jacksonville RIGHT NOW trying to iron out a deal to trade Rosen for their 1st round pick.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

This isn't going to happen, at least not in the long run.

Maybe you can get a somewhat successful 1-2 year run before the league adjusts but it wouldn't last. Height is definitely an overrated trait for QB's but people are going way too far in the opposite direction now.

Sure, Brees and Wilson are amazing, but they're both about 5-11 to 6-0. Mayfield is a legit 6-0 and change. I think Murray is legitimately below 5-10, maybe even closer to 5-9, and that's going to be a major issue one way or the other.

He also has only thrown about 350 or so passes in college and while he isn't purely a "running QB", he's definitely very reliant on running the ball himself and he just doesn't have the frame to hold up to the beating he's going to take if he runs the ball 8-10 times a game in the NFL.

Maybe if he goes to a team with a strong running game and defense he can be protected early on as he develops, and perhaps he can use his legs as a crutch early on and then ween himself off it as the years go on, but if he falls into the wrong situation we're going to see another RG3 type of career arc.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If Arizona is stupid enough to trade Rosen and draft Murray first overall, they deserve to be mired in the basement for the next half decade or so. Because that's exactly where they'll be. Murray has bust written all over him.

In tiny letters.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Murray has considered Kingsbury his mentor since high school. They developed a really close bond during the recruiting process that started very early for Murray. It was down to Stidham and Murray when Stidham committed and Kingsbury advised Murray to go to aTm.

Then Stidham switched about 2-3 days before signing day and the downfall of Kingsbury at Tech began. :sad

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I wouldn’t be too quick to discount Murray because of his height. He is the best I have ever seen at creating his own pocket and throwing on the run. His arm strength is well above average and his ability to read defenses is phenomenal for his experience. Granted his height could cause problems at the pro level but he is pretty far ahead of most college QB’s.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn’t be too quick to discount Murray because of his height. He is the best I have ever seen at creating his own pocket and throwing on the run. His arm strength is well above average and his ability to read defenses is phenomenal for his experience. Granted his height could cause problems at the pro level but he is pretty far ahead of most college QB’s.
They used a ton of slide protections and scripted throws at OU that afforded him throwing windows as well. Riley's system was tailor-made for him with a ton of misdirection and deception.

Unless a team is committed to plugging him into a similar system, I don't see where he has a chance to be more than a gimmick player.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
To be fair, I'm not sure Rosen is any good either. Too busy being an SJW.
Oh, I'm certainly not saying that Rosen is the solution. But they at least need to see what they have with him, while using that first overall pick trying to make their team better around him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Wouldn't shock me.

I know it is not the same, but his interviews just show me a guy that is way too laid back and unprepared.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Said it before and I'll say it again... I hope like hell that the Giants draft him in the first as the heir apparent for Eli Manning. Or if they don't, the Redskins do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Said it before and I'll say it again... I hope like hell that the Giants draft him in the first as the heir apparent for Eli Manning. Or if they don't, the Redskins do.
I don't think either of them will unfortunately. Especially the Giants.

Top Bottom