Per Walterfootball...

Dallas Cowboys - Old Dominion wide receiver Jon Duhart

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Met with him at the Shrine Game.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
NoDak? Where are you when we need your opinion on an North Dakota State player.
He's a good player. Runs with decent power and good feet. Has good balance and a nice stiff arm. Pretty good receiver out of the backfield. I'd say the 5th-6th round would probably be where he should go. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him not drafted at all. While I think he's a good player, there are a lot of guys out there like him. While he's pretty good at all facets of the game, he doesn't really jump out at you in any one area. I doubt he'd ever be a lead back in the NFL, but might find a place as a change of pace guy, I guess.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's a good player. Runs with decent power and good feet. Has good balance and a nice stiff arm. Pretty good receiver out of the backfield. I'd say the 5th-6th round would probably be where he should go. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him not drafted at all. While I think he's a good player, there are a lot of guys out there like him. While he's pretty good at all facets of the game, he doesn't really jump out at you in any one area. I doubt he'd ever be a lead back in the NFL, but might find a place as a change of pace guy, I guess.
Well, that is basically what they are looking for.

So, what non-NDSU watchers want to know...is he better than Lance Dunbar? Because apparently we are still hung up on replacing that all-world talent.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

So, what non-NDSU watchers want to know...is he better than Lance Dunbar? Because apparently we are still hung up on replacing that all-world talent.
Yeah I mean can the guy run routes and get open and at least not look like a joke once the ball is in his hands.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Shit. Compared to Lance Dunbar, this guy is an Ezekiel Elliott clone. Better receiver and he can actually run between the tackles with some power and wiggle. I wouldn't mind at all if we took him in the later rounds. I think he has some things to offer.

He looks to play with some speed to his game, but really, it's hard to tell just how fast he actually is. Last I heard, he was invited to the senior bowl, but hasn't received an invite to the combine yet. Or if he will at all. It'll be interesting to see how he times in the 40. I honestly couldn't tell you how fast he times as of now. He has some long TDs both running and receiving. But looks to get his separation more on quickness than just raw speed.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Z
No more Beasley and an upgrade?

Sign my cracked ass up.
Beasley has a lot of football left in him. You haven’t always been the best source for an objective evaluation of the Shrimp.

Top Bottom