2019 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
Got to say, my favorite team being a trainwreck notwithstanding, I love college football.

So much better than nfl imo.

midswat

... soon
One thing I’ll say about Tennessee is their QB situation reminds me of the Clint Stoener Chad Hutchinson Anthony Wright cowboys days.

He is bad.

We have a number of skill position guys that will make NFL rosters but our offense is handicapped by a slow, one read, throw forcing clown at QB.

Just two project freshmen QBs behind him.

We’ll be hard pressed to win 4 games this year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
One thing I’ll say about Tennessee is their QB situation reminds me of the Clint Stoener Chad Hutchinson Anthony Wright cowboys days.

He is bad.

We have a number of skill position guys that will make NFL rosters but our offense is handicapped by a slow, one read, throw forcing clown at QB.

Just two project freshmen QBs behind him.

We’ll be hard pressed to win 4 games this year.
It's shocking how far Tennessee has fallen. But at least their decline has been gradual. Florida State on the other hand pretty much fell off a cliff. FSU was in the CFB playoffs 5 years ago but now they look like low tier Group of Five team.

midswat

... soon
It's shocking how far Tennessee has fallen. But at least their decline has been gradual. Florida State on the other hand pretty much fell off a cliff. FSU was in the CFB playoffs 5 years ago but now they look like low tier Group of Five team.
Yeah them and Miami. Florida is a recruiting hotbed. So much talent down there and the only team there worth a shit is UF. Weird

1bigfan13

Staff member
Notre Dame's defense has actually been playing spirited football the first couple of series of the game. They're actually wining most of the battles in the trenches.

The question is how sustainable is this. Georgia will probably wear them down and start blowing them off the LOS as we get deeper into the game.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Ugly win for UGA tonight. Notre Dame is garbage. Wasn't the kind of statement win I was expecting for sure.

AL, Clemson, Ohio St or even teams like LSU and OU would have waxed the Irish by 4-5 tds easily tonight. Maybe more.

midswat

... soon
Ugly win for UGA tonight. Notre Dame is garbage. Wasn't the kind of statement win I was expecting for sure.

AL, Clemson, Ohio St or even teams like LSU and OU would have waxed the Irish by 4-5 tds easily tonight. Maybe more.
I think Kirby is a crap coach. But he is an insane recruiter. If you look at his record, he dominates when his team has a massive talent advantage. With the SEC East being a shit show, that’s almost all the time.

Against other top tier teams he’s like a .500 coach.

Good luck in two weeks when you play us. Tennessee has a bye week this week and I’m thinking we’ll come up with a game plan that might generate upwards of 7-9 points.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Oh Mike. You still havent learned that Defense is a part of the game.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Got to say, my favorite team being a trainwreck notwithstanding, I love college football.

So much better than nfl imo.
A 67-63 game after one team was down by 32 pts in the 3rd qtr. One QB threw 9 tds in the game. There were nearly 1400 yds of offense by the two teams.

And the game didn't even go into that horrendous OT format either.

I'm sorry, but that's garbage football.

College and pro football have both gone down the shitter in terms of quality of play.

midswat

... soon
A 67-63 game after one team was down by 32 pts in the 3rd qtr. One QB threw 9 tds in the game. There were nearly 1400 yds of offense by the two teams.

And the game didn't even go into that horrendous OT format either.

I'm sorry, but that's garbage football.

College and pro football have both gone down the shitter in terms of quality of play.
Well there's bad football all over the place, yes. But college just has a different feel to it. The rivalries, the pageantry, the story lines, the presentation. Most of the time you have intriguing match ups all day long on Saturdays.

I guess I'm clearly biased because my two favorite teams were great at the time and I took it for granted, but I do miss 1990s football. NFL was at its peak then - I miss Tagliabues league.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oh Mike. You still havent learned that Defense is a part of the game.
That’s true he hasn’t. His philosophy is that whoever end up with most points on the scoreboard wins.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Houston Cougars QB D'Eriq King has decided to redshirt the rest of the season. This is a pretty weird situation compared to other player transfers. Mainly because King is the actual starting QB at Houston. So it's not like he lost the job and would have to sit behind someone.

It sounds like he just wants to go somewhere where he'll be in better position to make it to the NFL. Also seems like this could be a conflict of personalities between King ad Dana Holgerson.

The Oklahoma rumors are already flying but the Sooners already have the #1 dual threat QB from the 2019 class on their roster.....Spencer Rattler. I don't foresee King being able to come right in and beat out a talented player who has one year head start in Lincoln Riley's system. So Oklahoma seems very unlikely to me.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I just saw that Texas is down 3 of their top 4 DBs for at least 4 weeks. They're playing in the wrong conference to be that shorthanded in the secondary.

Their bye week came at a perfect time. Gives them 2 full weeks to figure some things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom