2019 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I thought that Saban to Texas rumor was more about using the deep pockets of the Longhorns as leverage for a pay raise. I never considered Texas to be a serious destination for Saban.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I thought that Saban to Texas rumor was more about using the deep pockets of the Longhorns as leverage for a pay raise. I never considered Texas to be a serious destination for Saban.
:lol at them for wanting Strong instead. Even Hermann. Saban is college royalty and you don't give that up for either of them.

1bigfan13

Staff member
:lol at them for wanting Strong instead. Even Hermann. Saban is college royalty and you don't give that up for either of them.
Absolutely.

I think the world of Lincoln Riley and think he's done an outstanding job at Oklahoma since his arrival in 2015, but I'd fire him in a heartbeat for Saban.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Sounds like the Big 12 is kind of backing off their retarded stance of penalizing players for flashing the 'Horns Down' sign.

Now they're saying that you "probably" won't be called for a penalty unless the sign is directed at a player in a mocking manner like any other celebration foul.

I like this statement from Dana Holgorsen. Just goes to show how ridiculous the rule was last year.

The controversy over "Horns Down" resurfaced last season when West Virginia receiver David Sills V was penalized for making the sign after a first-quarter touchdown during the Mountaineers' win at Texas.

Dana Holgorsen, WVU's coach at the time, said he had asked the officiating crew before the game how the signal would be penalized and was told it would be if done in an intimidating fashion.

"I lit into David. 'I told you doing that s---, you're hurting the team,'" Holgorsen told ESPN this summer. "He goes, 'Coach, I barely did it.' So I went to the refs and I said, 'Who did he intimidate?' They go, 'He intimidated the crowd.' He intimidated the crowd, is what they said." :lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Sounds like the Big 12 is kind of backing off their retarded stance of penalizing players for flashing the 'Horns Down' sign.

Now they're saying that you "probably" won't be called for a penalty unless the sign is directed at a player in a mocking manner like any other celebration foul.

I like this statement from Dana Holgorsen. Just goes to show how ridiculous the rule was last year.
Tsips are such whiny little bitches :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=1]Texas Tech DB Parker suspended for year; career done …[/h] By Colin Lindsay | July 17, 2019
0 Comment
Red Raider DB Parker suspended for year; career done … Texas Tech has confirmed that senior CB Justus Parker lost his appeal of a one-year NCAA suspension and will not be eligible to play this fall. As this was his final year of eligibility, Parker has few options left other than to sit the season or perhaps try and catch on with a CFL team. Parker himself confirmed that the suspension was for taking a banned supplement that turned up in a drug test this past spring. The 6-0, 205 pound Parker originally walked on at Tech after transferring from Texas Lutheran and became a fixture on the Red Raiders defense as their slot corner where he had 4 interceptions and forced 4 fumbles in a breakout year in 2018. Parker had been considered to be a potential late round prospect for the 2020 draft, although obviously the off-field issue isn’t going to help.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
[h=1]Texas Tech DB Parker suspended for year; career done …[/h] By Colin Lindsay | July 17, 2019
0 Comment
Red Raider DB Parker suspended for year; career done … Texas Tech has confirmed that senior CB Justus Parker lost his appeal of a one-year NCAA suspension and will not be eligible to play this fall. As this was his final year of eligibility, Parker has few options left other than to sit the season or perhaps try and catch on with a CFL team. Parker himself confirmed that the suspension was for taking a banned supplement that turned up in a drug test this past spring. The 6-0, 205 pound Parker originally walked on at Tech after transferring from Texas Lutheran and became a fixture on the Red Raiders defense as their slot corner where he had 4 interceptions and forced 4 fumbles in a breakout year in 2018. Parker had been considered to be a potential late round prospect for the 2020 draft, although obviously the off-field issue isn’t going to help.
We won't miss him. He basically disappeared last year.

midswat

... soon
Does that deuce guy still prance around bragging about that weird arena league team?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In my opinion, best coach Tech has ever had.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I think I had 7 heart attacks just watching this

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's that time of the year again. When I start my annual railing against the SEC conference receiving way too much credit for one team's (Alabama) success.

It's a tradition.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I still think he would be a breath of fresh air in the NFL. Don't get why he does not get much consideration.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Welp he's getting fired now

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Welp he's getting fired now
He did get fired. F'ing ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom