2019 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So Brandon Wimbush to UCF, Jalen Hurts to Oklahoma and Tate Martell to Miami. Now Blackman at FSU is in the portal.

:lol College Free Agency is crazy all the sudden.
I'm really interested in seeing what Lincoln Riley can do with Jalen Hurts.

I don't expect him to be Baker Mayfield/Kyler Murray good. But I could see him being 1st or 2nd team all conference.

He'll be going up against weaker defense while playing in a more creative and aggressive passing scheme. I think a lot of his detractors are going to be in for a surprise.

On a related note, I guess this means their 5-star dual threat QB from the 2019 class (Spencer Rattler) will in all likelihood be red-shirting this year.

midswat

... soon
Really thought Maryland or FAU made more sense for Hurts. Kind of an odd pairing at Oklahoma. Hurts has talent but he’s not an elite passer.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I haven’t seen enough of Hurt to have an opinion. I do think the demand for talent is greater with the QB position with Oklahoma than with Alabama.

midswat

... soon
Calling it now... Alabama dynasty is over.

Think it starts this year with a 2 loss season.

Think Saban hangs it up in 2-3 years.

Losing quality assistant coaches left and right. Hard to keep replacing coordinators every year. Damn enos, his OC, took the Miami job without even telling Saban anything. He just didn’t show up for a meeting and Saban found out then.

Anyways, they’ve still got a shit ton of talent, but I think it’s over for them. Clemson is equally as loaded. UGA isn’t that far behind (unfortunately). Oklahoma looks like they’re on the cusp of dominating.

Call me crazy but I say they lose (at least) two games this year and miss the playoffs and Saban hangs it up before the 2020 season.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Calling it now... Alabama dynasty is over.

Think it starts this year with a 2 loss season.

Think Saban hangs it up in 2-3 years.

Losing quality assistant coaches left and right. Hard to keep replacing coordinators every year. Damn enos, his OC, took the Miami job without even telling Saban anything. He just didn’t show up for a meeting and Saban found out then.

Anyways, they’ve still got a shit ton of talent, but I think it’s over for them. Clemson is equally as loaded. UGA isn’t that far behind (unfortunately). Oklahoma looks like they’re on the cusp of dominating.

Call me crazy but I say they lose (at least) two games this year and miss the playoffs and Saban hangs it up before the 2020 season.
:shrug

midswat

... soon
Transfer Portal.....

Is you a fan or nah?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
So Brandon Wimbush to UCF, Jalen Hurts to Oklahoma and Tate Martell to Miami. Now Blackman at FSU is in the portal.

:lol College Free Agency is crazy all the sudden.
Wimbush should have gone someplace he could start. He probably should change positions too.

D

Deuce

Wimbush should have gone someplace he could start. He probably should change positions too.
I’m curious to see how he looks in camp. His competition will be a RS Sophmore will 3 career starts, a sophmore walk on and a true freshman. He should win the job, but Mack won’t give it up easily. If he doesn’t win it, he should move to WR.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I’m curious to see how he looks in camp. His competition will be a RS Sophmore will 3 career starts, a sophmore walk on and a true freshman. He should win the job, but Mack won’t give it up easily. If he doesn’t win it, he should move to WR.
He probably will under those circumstances He's just a streaky passer, much better runner and I was thinking RB unless he shows good hands in camp. Nobody really knows. When he was with ND, RB was the consensus opinion among fans.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Graham Harrell to USC as the OC now. Interesting. USC seems sort of like their HC is on life support.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Graham Harrell to USC as the OC now. Interesting. USC seems sort of like their HC is on life support.
He has to be. The USC alumni and boosters hate him, season ticket holders are giving up their seats, and longtime donors have stopped donating. I think they’re just waiting for Urban Meyer to suddenly feel better in 2020 so they can bring him in.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Seminole fans won't care. He flat out sucked anyway.

Which is why he was kicked off the team instead of receiving the standard slap on the wrist (sit out the first half of a game, 1 game suspension, etc.) that good players receive.

midswat

... soon
Tennessee added a lot of talent this recruiting class.

#11 ranked class after back to back 4-8 and 5-7 seasons?

Were on the rise....

midswat

... soon
Really excited about the recruiting class Tennessee put together, stealing Derrick Ansley from the raidahs (Alabama also tried to get him back when they lost their DC), Tee Martin coming back to the Hill, and the overall staff the Volunteers have assembled.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Really excited about the recruiting class Tennessee put together, stealing Derrick Ansley from the raidahs (Alabama also tried to get him back when they lost their DC), Tee Martin coming back to the Hill, and the overall staff the Volunteers have assembled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom