Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leach is one of my favorite coaches if for no other reason than his attitude about the game.
    Since Day One

Comment

Comment

This frightens and confuses me.

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post

This frightens and confuses me.

I'm old enough to remember when Oklahoma made the transition from the triple option offense to more of a traditionally ran offense.

I want to say Cale Gundy was our QB and him being able to pass for over 2,000 yards in a season felt like a huge accomplishment.

Along those same lines, it still amazes me that former OU TE Keith Jackson somehow gained All-American honors and was a high draft pick coming out of that wishbone offense.

Comment

Head coaching job rankings by Athlon.

Athlon Sports ranks all 130 head football coaching jobs in FBS, from 1 to 130. They consider facilities, support, location, etc. They have Tech at No. 36, which I think is fair.

Comment: "Tech is an interesting program. It is in a remote location, but Lubbock isn't exactly a small town (population: 250,000). It's a big state school, but it's at best the third-best program in the state. Recruiting can be a challenge as well since Dallas is a 5-hour drive. Bottom line: There's a lot to like -- and a lot that makes this a tough job."

Other rankings of note:

4. Texas
            8. Oklahoma
            12. Aggy
            22. Oklahoma State
            33. West Virginia
            36. Texas Tech
            37. TCU
            42. Baylor
            48. Houston
            62. Washington State
            63. Iowa State
            64. Kansas State
            68. Kansas

Comment

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post

I'm old enough to remember when Oklahoma made the transition from the triple option offense to more of a traditionally ran offense.

I want to say Cale Gundy was our QB and him being able to pass for over 2,000 yards in a season felt like a huge accomplishment.

Along those same lines, it still amazes me that former OU TE Keith Jackson somehow gained All-American honors and was a high draft pick coming out of that wishbone offense.
              The first transition out of the wishbone was when Troy Aikman was QB, He was injured in the first year of his career there and Switzer had to fall back to the option because the remaining QBs on the squad were all option players. Jamail Holloway way tagged to be the starter and Aikman was assisted by Switzer to go to UCLA.
              Since Day One

Comment

Keith Jackson gained so much attention because of the length of his catches. His overall average was more than 20 yards.
                Since Day One

Comment

Originally posted by skidadl View Post
                  Head coaching job rankings by Athlon.

Athlon Sports ranks all 130 head football coaching jobs in FBS, from 1 to 130. They consider facilities, support, location, etc. They have Tech at No. 36, which I think is fair.

Comment: "Tech is an interesting program. It is in a remote location, but Lubbock isn't exactly a small town (population: 250,000). It's a big state school, but it's at best the third-best program in the state. Recruiting can be a challenge as well since Dallas is a 5-hour drive. Bottom line: There's a lot to like -- and a lot that makes this a tough job."

Other rankings of note:

4. Texas
                  8. Oklahoma
                  12. Aggy
                  22. Oklahoma State
                  33. West Virginia
                  36. Texas Tech
                  37. TCU
                  42. Baylor
                  48. Houston
                  62. Washington State
                  63. Iowa State
                  64. Kansas State
                  68. Kansas
                  That's actually higher than I would have thought we would have been ranked.
                  2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by L.T. Fan View Post

The first transition out of the wishbone was when Troy Aikman was QB, He was injured in the first year of his career there and Switzer had to fall back to the option because the remaining QBs on the squad were all option players. Jamail Holloway way tagged to be the starter and Aikman was assisted by Switzer to go to UCLA.
                    Yeah I remember that Aikman experiment. But as you mentioned it was a short-lived transition due to Aikman's broken leg. IIRC, he only played about 4 or 5 games. So I didn't consider that a true transition because they went right back to the wishbone and never fully committed to sticking with a more traditional offense until Switzer was run out of town a few years later.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post

Yeah I remember that Aikman experiment. But as you mentioned it was a short-lived transition due to Aikman's broken leg. IIRC, he only played about 4 or 5 games. So I didn't consider that a true transition because they went right back to the wishbone and never fully committed to sticking with a more traditional offense until Switzer was run out of town a few years later.
                      Actually Switzer still lives in Norman.
                      Since Day One

Comment

Didnt know where else to put this but since I'm referring to this dumbass college career here it goes...

Says the idiot that left because of it....
                        #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

That's actually higher than I would have thought we would have been ranked.
                          I think it is about right. Tech is about a top 40 place. In some categories they are top 30, in others top 45, so it makes sense to me.

Comment

2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post

I heard Texas Tech did the same thing. Unconfirmed sources though...

Comment

Working...
                                X