2019 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
Thinking Tennessee might score negative points vs UGAy tonight.

But hey, I’m numb to it so whatever.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So when will the Bulldogs quit toying with Tennessee?

Soon.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Tennessee, I wanted to believe in you. But that last TD drive you gave up before the half....

midswat

... soon
Tennessee, I wanted to believe in you. But that last TD drive you gave up before the half....
They’re playing over their heads. I love the effort. But we have less than zero of a pass rush. Also thin at linebacker.

That was a fun first half - but it’s gonna get ugly in the second half. UGA by 30 when all said and done.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Harbaugh needs to be punched in the dick. 8 sacks, 4 turnovers, you hold Iowa to ONE rushing yard, and you can only muster 10 fucking points? Go. Fuck. Yourself.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am shocked by TTU's performance. I really thought we would get our asses handed to us again this week. They showed some grit. I likey.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I really thought we would get our asses handed to us again this week.
Why? Did you misread the schedule and think you were playing Oklahoma in back to back weeks?

It was was Oklahoma State. Nothing to fear.

Cotton

Staff member
Why? Did you misread the schedule and think you were playing Oklahoma in back to back weeks?

It was was Oklahoma State. Nothing to fear.
They are a good team. Leading the nation in rushing is mostly what I feared. But, for the most part we held that in check, relatively speaking.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's Texas/Oklahoma week.

I think we're in for another game that will be in the 30s or low 40s.

Both teams' secondaries have been mediocre at best. Texas' largely due to a rash of injuries. Oklahoma's due to a lack of talent and football IQ on the back end.

The funny thing is even though the Sooners DBs are average at best, average has actually been an improvement compared to last season. They still don't generate turnovers but the instances of busted coverage has been significantly reduced.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Great day of college football today from start to finish.

I think Texas beats Oklahoma....41-35.

Oklahoma's defense, while improved, doesn't make enough big plays to give me any confidence that they'll be able to slow down the Texas offense. Plus Oklahoma's OL has taken a step back and isn't near as dominant as they've been the past few years.

I think Texas will pick on #44 Bookie Radley-Hines all day. He's small (about 5'9") and misses a ton of tackles. Unfortunately he's the best OU currently has at NB.

1bigfan13

Staff member
They just announced that Oklahoma's starting TE will be out today.

I'm not sure how much that will affect Oklahoma's offense because Hurts hasn't utilized the TEs as much as Mayfield & Murray did. However that's still one less playmaker for Texas to worry about.

Cotton

Staff member
Let’s see if TTU can continue its dominance today against Baylor. :unsure

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Let’s see if TTU can continue its dominance today against Baylor. :unsure
Good luck, I'm just ready to get this thrashing Bama is gonna give us over with

Cotton

Staff member
Good luck, I'm just ready to get this thrashing Bama is gonna give us over with
I think you guys could potentially give them a game. I guess we will see. Their defense is stout.

Cotton

Staff member
Great day of college football today from start to finish.

I think Texas beats Oklahoma....41-35.

Oklahoma's defense, while improved, doesn't make enough big plays to give me any confidence that they'll be able to slow down the Texas offense. Plus Oklahoma's OL has taken a step back and isn't near as dominant as they've been the past few years.

I think Texas will pick on #44 Bookie Radley-Hines all day. He's small (about 5'9") and misses a ton of tackles. Unfortunately he's the best OU currently has at NB.
Well I, for one, will be cheering for you guys. Fucking tea sips can rot.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think you guys could potentially give them a game. I guess we will see. Their defense is stout.
Our OL is shit this year and Sternberger leaving really hurt us. Jimbo's offense just isn't the same without a viable TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom