2019 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Texas Tech should give the Oklahoma defense their first real test of the season.

If they can hold Tech under 40 points I'll consider it a "successful" performance. 30-39 points....definitely nothing to be proud of but a step in the right direction. Hold them under 30....I'm sporting BISP for what the future might bring.

If Tech is smart they'll pick on #44 Bookie Radley-Hines. He's a diminutive 5-star DB from our 2018 class who can't tackle or cover worth a damn.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Texas Tech should give the Oklahoma defense their first real test of the season.

If they can hold Tech under 40 points I'll consider it a "successful" performance. 30-39 points....definitely nothing to be proud of but a step in the right direction. Hold them under 30....I'm sporting BISP for what the future might bring.

If Tech is smart they'll pick on #44 Bookie Radley-Hines. He's a diminutive 5-star DB from our 2018 class who can't tackle or cover worth a damn.
We are now missing our starting QB, so don't expect much from this offense.

1bigfan13

Staff member
We are now missing our starting QB, so don't expect much from this offense.
Bowman's out? I wasn't aware of that.

Although, last year Oklahoma knocked him out of the game in the 1st half and your backup --can't think of his name-- came in and tore us up a little with his arm and his legs.

So I still expect that Oklahoma's defense will be tested.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Houston Cougars QB D'Eriq King has decided to redshirt the rest of the season. This is a pretty weird situation compared to other player transfers. Mainly because King is the actual starting QB at Houston. So it's not like he lost the job and would have to sit behind someone.

It sounds like he just wants to go somewhere where he'll be in better position to make it to the NFL. Also seems like this could be a conflict of personalities between King ad Dana Holgerson.

The Oklahoma rumors are already flying but the Sooners already have the #1 dual threat QB from the 2019 class on their roster.....Spencer Rattler. I don't foresee King being able to come right in and beat out a talented player who has one year head start in Lincoln Riley's system. So Oklahoma seems very unlikely to me.
I just read an article on this and apparently he's redshirting the rest of the year and will return to Houston next year. One of their receivers will be doing the same thing.

This is so weird. I've never heard of starters choosing to redshirt.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bowman's out? I wasn't aware of that.

Although, last year Oklahoma knocked him out of the game in the 1st half and your backup --can't think of his name-- came in and tore us up a little with his arm and his legs.

So I still expect to see Oklahoma's defense to be tested.
Yes, Bowman is out with a shoulder injury. It is still to be determined (or at least Wells hasn't made it public) who will be starting, but it will either be Jett Duffy or Jackson Tyner. Duffy is the mobile QB you guys saw last year. He isn't very good. Tyner is basically the same QB as Bowman (pocket passer, etc) but is unproven.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh college girls

1bigfan13

Staff member
Oklahoma's revamped defense continues to take steps forward. I honestly did not expect them to be able to hold Texas Tech to under 20 points.

The only thing I can complain about is they're still not creating many turnovers. But overall they're playing a lot more discipline and fundamentals on the defensive side of the ball.

We have Kansas next week. It *should* be another easy win but I'll be looking to see how the defense holds up against Kansas' rushing attack. Last year Kansas marched into Norman, OK and put up 40 points with Freshman RB Pooka Williams leading the way with 252 yards and 2 TDs. Williams averaged 16.8 YARDS PER CARRY that day. :picard

One of the many low spots of the Mike Stoops era.

1bigfan13

Staff member
A pretty lousy Arizona team held them to 14 the week before.
But has Arizona's defense been an absolute trainwreck the last few years like Oklahoma's?

No. That's my point.

Oklahoma's defense has had a history of making shitty teams, like the 2018 Kansas team that I referenced, look like a team loaded with All-Americans.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
But has Arizona's defense been an absolute trainwreck the last few years like Oklahoma's?

No. That's my point.

Oklahoma's defense has had a history of making shitty teams, like the 2018 Kansas team that I referenced, look like a team loaded with All-Americans.
Arizona's defense is just like any other Pac 10 or Big 12 team, its non existent

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Arizona's defense is just like any other Pac 10 or Big 12 team, its non existent
But like you said recently it’s a matter of who has the most points on the board when the game is over. The Big 12 is offensive minded and that’s the style that’s played.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Oklahoma's revamped defense continues to take steps forward. I honestly did not expect them to be able to hold Texas Tech to under 20 points.

The only thing I can complain about is they're still not creating many turnovers. But overall they're playing a lot more discipline and fundamentals on the defensive side of the ball.

We have Kansas next week. It *should* be another easy win but I'll be looking to see how the defense holds up against Kansas' rushing attack. Last year Kansas marched into Norman, OK and put up 40 points with Freshman RB Pooka Williams leading the way with 252 yards and 2 TDs. Williams averaged 16.8 YARDS PER CARRY that day. :picard

One of the many low spots of the Mike Stoops era.

Tech’s offense sucks monkey balls.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom