Our pick is up and...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I love Elliot but he'd be a tough pill to swallow at 4.
You can trade down and get Elliot. And even if something crazy happened and you missed out on him because you traded down, you will get another player of similar value. I wouldn't sweat it at all.

For me, it's QB or trade down. I can get Bosa or Buckner and I don't really think there is that tremendous a difference. Or I can get Jack, or trade down for Rankins. All the same to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For me, it's QB or trade down. I can get Bosa or Buckner and I don't really think there is that tremendous a difference. Or I can get Jack, or trade down for Rankins. All the same to me.
This is exactly what I have been saying for awhile. My preference is for QB but god forbid we don't then trade down.

Just grab a defensive player after that. You'll have options of all the guys you mentioned above.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You can trade down and get Elliot. And even if something crazy happened and you missed out on him because you traded down, you will get another player of similar value. I wouldn't sweat it at all.

Oh, I agree.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
After doing some in depth reviewing of Elliot over the weekend, I have to change my opinion a bit.

He is not as straight line as I thought and it seems that Ohio State runs a zone blocking scheme so the fit would be fine.

Now the holes he had to run through were huge but he still had to read and one cut which was biggest question.

With that said I still do not want him at 4.
I agree. Elliot is definitely the top RB in the draft, but not top 5 overall. I'd take him if we moved down though.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Yep. If we moved down to abt. #7 we would have at least one or two guys available that we were considering at 4, or Eilliot, plus a nice additional high pick in return. Even a move to the 10-12 range could net someone like Rankins or even Elliot, plus a larger return on the trade.

Top Bottom