2018 Fantasy Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Thanks, I dropped Watson. Probably won't matter one way or another because I'll start Mahomes most weeks anyway.

vince

Not So New Member
Similar question to chocolatelabs, in my other league I have Watson and Mahomes. Who do you guys suggest I should start this week?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Similar question to chocolatelabs, in my other league I have Watson and Mahomes. Who do you guys suggest I should start this week?
I'm riding with Mahomes

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It is a good question though with Mahomes facing Jax. At some point his mega-hot streak will run out and this could be the week.

If I'd seen Watson play at all other than highlights, I might go with him, but I'm just ignorant on how he's playing. Of course our defense is no joke, but they are at home and we've had two ugly losses on the road so far.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It is a good question though with Mahomes facing Jax. At some point his mega-hot streak will run out and this could be the week.

If I'd seen Watson play at all other than highlights, I might go with him, but I'm just ignorant on how he's playing. Of course our defense is no joke, but they are at home and we've had two ugly losses on the road so far.
He's had 3 straight 300 yard passing games with multiple TDs. He's been scoring well so [MENTION=65]vince[/MENTION] I would probably start Watson since KC is playing Jacksonville.

vince

Not So New Member

Everyone here like me seems 50/50 on this. I'm just going to hold off until the last minute. I love the way Mahomes has been playing but against the number 1 defense...it's tough. I am leaning towards Watson a bit more but only because I know our defense has it's flaws after what Stafford did. I also don't think Irving is going to make that big of an immediate impact.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Everyone here like me seems 50/50 on this. I'm just going to hold off until the last minute. I love the way Mahomes has been playing but against the number 1 defense...it's tough. I am leaning towards Watson a bit more but only because I know our defense has it's flaws after what Stafford did. I also don't think Irving is going to make that big of an immediate impact.
Revisiting this... Watson passed through waivers in my league so I could pick him up and dump Cousins. Thinking seriously about doing it.

Rev

Staff member
Revisiting this... Watson passed through waivers in my league so I could pick him up and dump Cousins. Thinking seriously about doing it.
Wow. I would have picked him up.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Wow. I would have picked him up.
It's a very small league (a couple of people quit this year) and he just came available this morning.

Would you rather have Watson than Cousins for the rest of the year? Seems most sites I see have it close between them with a slight lean to Watson.

My thinking originally was Cousins has great weapons -- better overall other than Hopkins -- and his team will be in it to the end where who knows what happens end of the year if Houston goes in the tank, the coach is getting fired, etc.

Rev

Staff member
It's a very small league (a couple of people quit this year) and he just came available this morning.

Would you rather have Watson than Cousins for the rest of the year? Seems most sites I see have it close between them with a slight lean to Watson.

My thinking originally was Cousins has great weapons -- better overall other than Hopkins -- and his team will be in it to the end where who knows what happens end of the year if Houston goes in the tank, the coach is getting fired, etc.
Between the two I have no clue. You are probably better off sticking with Cousins because of the above reasons. Hopkins is also dinged up so there is that as well. I was meaning more for other players in the league because Watson is scoring well after week 1.

vince

Not So New Member
I started Watson and got 5 more points over Mahomes. Should've been more had the defense not played out of their minds in the redzone.

Rev

Staff member
Need to pick up a RB for the week since Kamara is on a bye and Fournette has exploding hamstrings.

I do have Chris Thompson but he has a rib injury and facing Carolina. It is a PPR league so he can be valuable but they dont seem to be using him the same way as last season. Do I take a chance with him or pick up one of the following:

Alfred Morris vs GB. Brieda is out.
Corey Clement or Wendall Smallwod v s Giants
Austin Ekeler at Cleveland.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Need to pick up a RB for the week since Kamara is on a bye and Fournette has exploding hamstrings.

I do have Chris Thompson but he has a rib injury and facing Carolina. It is a PPR league so he can be valuable but they dont seem to be using him the same way as last season. Do I take a chance with him or pick up one of the following:

Alfred Morris vs GB. Brieda is out.
Corey Clement or Wendall Smallwod v s Giants
Austin Ekeler at Cleveland.
Think I'd go with Ekeler in ppr, he's been getting targeted pretty consistently. Smallwood is a close second choice though

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeldon just based on starter carries.
That's what I was thinking too. But will Hyde already get some? Not much this week, I wouldn't think. (Edit, never mind, just saw that he isn't playing today.)

Here's one for you guys: My defenses are Baltimore vs the Saints or Chicago vs New England. Both at home. Which one would you start?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's what I was thinking too. But will Hyde already get some? Not much this week, I wouldn't think. (Edit, never mind, just saw that he isn't playing today.)

Here's one for you guys: My defenses are Baltimore vs the Saints or Chicago vs New England. Both at home. Which one would you start?
It might be too late, but I think I would go Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom