Fantasy Football: Questions/Discussion

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Miller practiced today.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I'd pick Davis over the other two without question. They weren't shy about using him a lot this week in the run and passing games. Ridley will still lose points to Vereen and we've seen enough from Brown over the years to know how limited his value is, even as a starter.

Check on Miller's status as he got hurt too. I would either start him or Davis.
I think I am going to go with Davis for the short-term boost. He is a potential difference maker for me over the next few weeks. Plus, the guy who has Charles is a big rival in this league and I like the secondary benefit of keeping Davis out of his hands.

Miller is going to play (as Rev mentioned, he practiced today) but I think Davis is a better start.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You are going to regret it if you drop Ben instead of Griffin. Go with Palmer and he will be a decent addition to your team.
Yep.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think I'm going to put in a waiver claim for a RB in my 12 team 1.0 PPR league this week. I have Gio Bernard as a good #1 but my options at #2 are as follows: L. Miller (sucks, but should be a reasonable #2 with Moreno out a while), Pierce (meh, but he gets touches), Gerhart (yikes...), Sankey (holding and hoping, but he's the drop for one of these other guys).

Here are the RBs I'm looking at:

K. Davis–best upside but for how long? Charles will be back
S. Ridley-should have value all season but a maddening start week to week with NE backfield (also doesn't catch any passes)
D. Brown-may have a starting job longer than K. Davis, but probably won't be as good.

Which one and why?
I'd go Davis with Ridley as second option since he is always one fumble away from the doghouse with Belichick.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I didn't drop either one of them. I was a bit nervous about Palmer's shoulder when it came time to pull the trigger so I held off. I'll be dropping Griffin this week, of course. Your boy Big Ben is @ Carolina though, and that's a terrible matchup. I'm going to pick up Cousins if I can get him but I'm using my waiver priority on K. Davis.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I have Gio Bernard as a solid RB1 in a PPR & have some decent short term RB2 options in L. Miller & D. Brown. I also have S. Ridley, but he's tough to predict, & K. Davis, who is unstartable when Charles is healthy (looks like he'll play this week).

I'm a bit concerned about what happens in a few weeks when K. Moreno & R. Mathews come back & take a big bite out of Miller & Brown's production. B. Sankey & C. Hyde are now on the wire. Should I drop Davis for one of them (don't see a good trade option with Charles' owner)? Or does neither become a reliable RB2 until next year?

Cotton

Staff member
I have Gio Bernard as a solid RB1 in a PPR & have some decent short term RB2 options in L. Miller & D. Brown. I also have S. Ridley, but he's tough to predict, & K. Davis, who is unstartable when Charles is healthy (looks like he'll play this week).

I'm a bit concerned about what happens in a few weeks when K. Moreno & R. Mathews come back & take a big bite out of Miller & Brown's production. B. Sankey & C. Hyde are now on the wire. Should I drop Davis for one of them (don't see a good trade option with Charles' owner)? Or does neither become a reliable RB2 until next year?
I think I keep Davis in that scenario.

Rev

Staff member

That's tough ED. None of them jump out at me because of limited opportunities. You may want to stick with Davis because Charles can be real fragile.

Rev

Staff member
I've been offered Brees and Asiata for Luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My Rbs are Bradshaw, Bush, Richardson, Miller, and Peterson.

Cotton

Staff member
I've been offered Brees and Asiata for Luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I wouldn't. Luck is killing it and Brees hasn't exactly been on his game.

Rev

Staff member
I wouldn't. Luck is killing it and Brees hasn't exactly been on his game.
Brees is only 30 points down and my Rbs are iffy. Just don't know if Asiata is that much better.

D

Deuce

Brees is only 30 points down and my Rbs are iffy. Just don't know if Asiata is that much better.
Brees and Luck are going to give similar production so it's not a bad deal. I just think Asiata sucks. Can you get someone else out of him instead?

Rev

Staff member
Brees and Luck are going to give similar production so it's not a bad deal. I just think Asiata sucks. Can you get someone else out of him instead?
His Rbs are Forsett, Bernard, Stacy, Asiata, Jennings, and Ingram.

Jennings has a sprained MCL and don't know what to think about Ingram.

D

Deuce

His Rbs are Forsett, Bernard, Stacy, Asiata, Jennings, and Ingram.

Jennings has a sprained MCL and don't know what to think about Ingram.
Whenever Ingram does get back, he's going to get at least the short yardage TDs so he has value. More than Asiata I'd say.

Worst case scenario, I'd maybe roll with the RBs you have and maybe use Luck to get Brees and an upgrade at another position. Can never have too many good WRs.

Rev

Staff member
Whenever Ingram does get back, he's going to get at least the short yardage TDs so he has value. More than Asiata I'd say.

Worst case scenario, I'd maybe roll with the RBs you have and maybe use Luck to get Brees and an upgrade at another position. Can never have too many good WRs.
He's hurting at WR so its basically one of the RBs.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

I stay put in this case. You aren't in a great situation at RB but I don't think Asiata or any of those other RBs is enough for me to swap out Luck for Brees. I think there is a decent gap between the two by season's end. Luck is blowing up. Brees will have some good games but that offense isn't what it once was.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I'm still kind of trying to shore up my RB2 position. Gio is my RB1 and my current RB2 options are L. Miller (Moreno will be back soon, if not this week), J. Hill, R. Hillman (just picked up earlier this week), and J. McKinnon.

Montee Ball and Bishop Sankey were both dropped yesterday and the next round of waivers processes late tonight. Right now I have my claims prioritized this way:

#1 Add Ball, drop Hillman
#2 Add Sankey, drop Hillman
#3 Add Sankey, drop McKinnon (in case I get Ball and Sankey is still around if it comes back around to me)

I'm #10 of 12 in priority so I'm guessing someone with higher priority will claim Ball, but I'm going to give it a shot. Thoughts on Ball when he returns? He has been pretty shitty so far this season so it would be an add in hopes that he gets it going in the second half of the season.

Sankey hasn't done anything yet and still hasn't claimed that job but Greene is dinged up and might not play this week vs. JAX. I think it's nearly inevitable that Sankey eventually takes over and gets the bulk of the carries and that could start this week.

Anyone disagree? Think I should hold Hillman? Tough matchups looming and Ball might only miss a couple weeks.

Rev

Staff member
I stay put in this case. You aren't in a great situation at RB but I don't think Asiata or any of those other RBs is enough for me to swap out Luck for Brees. I think there is a decent gap between the two by season's end. Luck is blowing up. Brees will have some good games but that offense isn't what it once was.
I stayed put but we tried a few different things.

He offered Brees, Colston, and Zac Stacy for Luck and Harvin. I nixed that one because I dont care for Colston or Stacy. The value was just way in his favor. I then Countered with Luck and one other player ( most not worth it with the exception of Josh Gordon) for Brees and Bernard. I felt that eventually with Gordon he would have had the better deal there and he wasnt hurting on RBs. He didnt take it so we came to the conclusion that Luck was just too hard to trade for.

Rev

Staff member
I'm still kind of trying to shore up my RB2 position. Gio is my RB1 and my current RB2 options are L. Miller (Moreno will be back soon, if not this week), J. Hill, R. Hillman (just picked up earlier this week), and J. McKinnon.

Montee Ball and Bishop Sankey were both dropped yesterday and the next round of waivers processes late tonight. Right now I have my claims prioritized this way:

#1 Add Ball, drop Hillman
#2 Add Sankey, drop Hillman
#3 Add Sankey, drop McKinnon (in case I get Ball and Sankey is still around if it comes back around to me)

I'm #10 of 12 in priority so I'm guessing someone with higher priority will claim Ball, but I'm going to give it a shot. Thoughts on Ball when he returns? He has been pretty shitty so far this season so it would be an add in hopes that he gets it going in the second half of the season.

Sankey hasn't done anything yet and still hasn't claimed that job but Greene is dinged up and might not play this week vs. JAX. I think it's nearly inevitable that Sankey eventually takes over and gets the bulk of the carries and that could start this week.

Anyone disagree? Think I should hold Hillman? Tough matchups looming and Ball might only miss a couple weeks.
The only thing I know for sure is that NFL site said even though Hillman is going to start this week its going to be a 3 headed rushing attack. Probably better off gambling on Sankey if Greene is hurt.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I stayed put but we tried a few different things.

He offered Brees, Colston, and Zac Stacy for Luck and Harvin. I nixed that one because I dont care for Colston or Stacy. The value was just way in his favor. I then Countered with Luck and one other player ( most not worth it with the exception of Josh Gordon) for Brees and Bernard. I felt that eventually with Gordon he would have had the better deal there and he wasnt hurting on RBs. He didnt take it so we came to the conclusion that Luck was just too hard to trade for.
Yeah, I think you're right. The Brees/Bernard deal would have been worth it had he gone for it, but oh well.

Top Bottom