Fantasy Football: Questions/Discussion

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

See what I mean?
The 49ers have really had a hard time with regard to wide receivers... hell, if it wasn't for John throwing his brother a bone (Boldin for a 6th), they would have been completely screwed.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Have a question for discussion:

I'm possibly looking to upgrade at the TE position. I have Charles Clay and Jared Cook. The guy I'm thinking about trading for is Dwayne Allen.

1. Would you consider that an upgrade? I don't watch any Dolphins games so really don't know anything other than box score stuff on Clay. Also seems like every fantasy football article lists Allen as a sleeper.

2. The guy that has him also has Grownkowski but was playing Allen at the flex as well.

3. I have Markus Wheaton, DeAndre Hopkins, and Josh Gordon on the bench. He has Miles Austin, Cole Beasely, and Nate Burleson (yeah bench is extremely weak). I think I can get him for either Hopkins or Wheaton.

4. Is the loss of one of those worth the gain of Allen or try for someone better?

5. Should I just wait on Clay?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I'm possibly looking to upgrade at the TE position. I have Charles Clay and Jared Cook. The guy I'm thinking about trading for is Dwayne Allen.

1. Would you consider that an upgrade? I don't watch any Dolphins games so really don't know anything other than box score stuff on Clay. Also seems like every fantasy football article lists Allen as a sleeper.

2. The guy that has him also has Grownkowski but was playing Allen at the flex as well.

3. I have Markus Wheaton, DeAndre Hopkins, and Josh Gordon on the bench. He has Miles Austin, Cole Beasely, and Nate Burleson (yeah bench is extremely weak). I think I can get him for either Hopkins or Wheaton.

4. Is the loss of one of those worth the gain of Allen or try for someone better?

FB INFRACTSHUN!

D

Deuce

I'm a fan of Clay. I would wait on him as that offense is coming into form and he's a good part of it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I'd stick with Clay, Allen has potential but there is also Fleener there who got more targets last game

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
DOUBLE FB INFRACTSHUN!
I don't use Facebook. I do have an account under an alias, but only log on if one of the handful of people I've added as friends tells me they have posted pix or something.

Rev

Staff member
Thanks guys. I will take the advice and stick with Clay. My RBs need some help so maybe look at what I can pick up there instead.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't use Facebook. I do have an account under an alias, but only log on if one of the handful of people I've added as friends tells me they have posted pix or something.
You should get a real FB account, so you and I can be more than just msg board friends. I will await your friend request.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I don't have strong QB options in my 12 team league: RGIII and Roethlisberger.

There are still some reasonable options on the wire since a few teams are currently only carrying one QB. I love Locker vs. Dallas this week. Carson Palmer is also on the wire. He has a pretty tasty matchup @ NYG this week and a fairly favorable schedule for the season (with a few exceptions, ie, two Seattle matchups).

Would you drop Roethlisberger for either one of these guys? I'd lean Palmer. Not that RGIII/Palmer should make me feel much better than RGIII/Roethlisberger, but Palmer has some pretty nice weapons and won't have to deal with weather in home games as the season progresses.

Cotton

Staff member
I would drop Griffin before Big Ben.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just ran and benched Peterson.

Then I realized how shitty my RB depth was.

Rev

Staff member
I dont like Ben for fantasy football. You never know what you are going to get from him and with RG3 there is still some hope. If I was dropping one it would be Ben and out of the two QBs you mentioned I like Palmer better. Now whether to actually do it is a tough question. I would probably roll the dice and do it.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Definitely not going to drop RGIII at this point. He has upside. Looks bad in the new system so far but it has been one regular season game. He has some nice weapons to throw to and there are going to be times where he's going to have to take off running. Those rushing yards really boost a QBs point total, obviously.

I've had Big Ben on many fantasy football teams and I know what to expect. Some pretty good games, but with some total clunkers throw in (ie, last night). Carson Palmer might be the same guy though. I like that WR corps pretty well though and may pull the trigger.

Cotton

Staff member
You are going to regret it if you drop Ben instead of Griffin. Go with Palmer and he will be a decent addition to your team.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I think I'm going to put in a waiver claim for a RB in my 12 team 1.0 PPR league this week. I have Gio Bernard as a good #1 but my options at #2 are as follows: L. Miller (sucks, but should be a reasonable #2 with Moreno out a while), Pierce (meh, but he gets touches), Gerhart (yikes...), Sankey (holding and hoping, but he's the drop for one of these other guys).

Here are the RBs I'm looking at:

K. Davis–best upside but for how long? Charles will be back
S. Ridley-should have value all season but a maddening start week to week with NE backfield (also doesn't catch any passes)
D. Brown-may have a starting job longer than K. Davis, but probably won't be as good.

Which one and why?

D

Deuce

I'd pick Davis over the other two without question. They weren't shy about using him a lot this week in the run and passing games. Ridley will still lose points to Vereen and we've seen enough from Brown over the years to know how limited his value is, even as a starter.

Check on Miller's status as he got hurt too. I would either start him or Davis.

Top Bottom