Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football: Questions/Discussion

12 team 1.0 PPR league.

I kept Megatron for a 2nd round pick and Gio Bernard for a 6th. In the 1st round all of the RBs I was interested in at that spot were off the board so I drafted Julio Jones. Nice 1-2 punch with him and Megatron. I was hoping like hell that Shane Vereen would be there for my next pick but he went off the board a couple picks ahead of me. With Vereen gone there were no RBs I felt good about for that pick either so I took PPR stud Antonio Brown to play at my Flex spot.

I took kind of a shotgun approach to RB2 after that. I got Toby Gerhart, who should be a 3 down back that gets goal line carries and catches some passes, but on a terrible offense. I also ended up with committee guy with upside Lamar Miller, wait and see Bishop Sankey (I expect decent production in the second half of the season), and Bernard Pierce who has value for at least the first couple weeks.

I don't feel great about my RB2 but can play matchups. I really, really like Vereen in a 1.0 PPR this year though and his owner and I have had preliminary discussion about following trade but nothing is set yet: I give A. Brown and Gerhart for Vereen and Crabtree. Would you do it if you were me? Am I underestimating Gerhart? Overestimating Vereen?

Thanks to anyone who gives feedback.

I wouldn't make that trade. Crabtree has proven unreliable, and you would be banking an almost certain bet in Brown for a maybe in Vereen.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

You're overestimating Vereen imo, while I really like him(have him in my dynasty league) with the way the Pats get all their rbs involved I think he's going to produce about like Woodhead this year and neither are worth Brown who is Rapistburgers only proven option
      2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
        I wouldn't make that trade. Crabtree has proven unreliable, and you would be banking an almost certain bet in Brown for a maybe in Vereen.
        I don't agree on Crabtree. He's been the #1 for Kaepernick since he took over at QB. He's going to have a big year if he's healthy.

Comment

As an aside, I started with a group of guys in a Dynasty league this year. Never tried it before, but I'm looking forward to this team competing now and building on it. Didn't get near as many young talented rookies as I wanted, but I'm happy. My only gripe with the league is its "best ball" format. That takes the skill out of the league for the lazy players. Here's my roster.

Bortles, Blake JAC QB
          Manning, Eli NYG QB
          Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Bush, Reggie DET RB
          Foster, Arian HOU RB
          Rice, Ray BAL RB
          Sproles, Darren PHI RB
          Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Amendola, Danny NEP WR
          Austin, Tavon STL WR
          Johnson, Calvin DET WR
          Moore, Denarius OAK WR
          Smith, Steve BAL WR
          Welker, Wes DEN WR
          Williams, Terrance DAL WR

Amaro, Jace NYJ TE
          Eifert, Tyler CIN TE
          Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Bailey, Dan DAL PK
          Prater, Matt DEN PK

Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def
          Texans, Houston HOU Def

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
            I don't agree on Crabtree. He's been the #1 for Kaepernick since he took over at QB. He's going to have a big year if he's healthy.
            Exactly. He has been spotty. And, not that great of a FF player. Trust me, I tried for a few years as a Tech homer, but he has disappointed me every year.

Comment

Exactly. He has been spotty. And, not that great of a FF player. Trust me, I tried for a few years as a Tech homer, but he has disappointed me every year.
              Yep health is definitely an issue for him, I think the ceiling for Crabtree is 900yards/6tds even being the #1wr considering they are a running team and also have Stevie Johnson, Bolden, & Vernon Davis to take targets away

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                Yep health is definitely an issue for him, I think the ceiling for Crabtree is 900yards/6tds even being the #1wr considering they are a running team and also have Stevie Johnson, Bolden, & Vernon Davis to take targets away
                I will never again have Crabtree on one of my FF teams. Coming from a TTU fanatic, that is saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                  As an aside, I started with a group of guys in a Dynasty league this year. Never tried it before, but I'm looking forward to this team competing now and building on it. Didn't get near as many young talented rookies as I wanted, but I'm happy. My only gripe with the league is its "best ball" format. That takes the skill out of the league for the lazy players. Here's my roster.

Bortles, Blake JAC QB
                  Manning, Eli NYG QB
                  Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Bush, Reggie DET RB
                  Foster, Arian HOU RB
                  Rice, Ray BAL RB
                  Sproles, Darren PHI RB
                  Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Amendola, Danny NEP WR
                  Austin, Tavon STL WR
                  Johnson, Calvin DET WR
                  Moore, Denarius OAK WR
                  Smith, Steve BAL WR
                  Welker, Wes DEN WR
                  Williams, Terrance DAL WR

Amaro, Jace NYJ TE
                  Eifert, Tyler CIN TE
                  Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Bailey, Dan DAL PK
                  Prater, Matt DEN PK

Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def
                  Texans, Houston HOU Def
                  I'd for sure try to add some youth especially at rb, maybe see if Grimes is available to handcuff Foster.

Comment

I will never again have Crabtree on one of my FF teams. Coming from a TTU fanatic, that is saying something.
                    I'd have him on my team, just wouldn't pay much

Comment

General observations from my money league that I think we can all ask for our own leagues:

So who had a numbnut that picked Maurice Jones-Drew waaaaaaay too early?

Who asked why Toby Gerhart is ranked so high by Yahoo?

Still has that guy who takes the same MFing guys, every year, regardless of previous year production.

What guy picked Kiko Alonso as an IDP very late and got upset when you informed them in chat he is likely done for the year?

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                        General observations from my money league that I think we can all ask for our own leagues:

So who had a numbnut that picked Maurice Jones-Drew waaaaaaay too early?

Still has that guy who takes the same MFing guys, every year, regardless of previous year production.

What guy picked Kiko Alonso as an IDP very late and got upset when you informed them in chat he is likely done for the year?
                        also the guys who want to find a sleeper so bad(Jerry Jones syndrome) they actually take the backup before the starter, draft last night guy took Hyde with Gore still on the board(redraft league)

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                          Are you guys buying into Gerhart in fantasy this year? He was the best RB2 I could get in my 1.0 PPR league. I know he's going to be a 3 down back that gets goal line carries/catches passes. Volume will be his friend. But is he going to be worth a shit? That offense is going to be bad and he is, you know, white. I have him as a pure bench player in my 10 team league & am comfortable with that, but I'm definitely a little nervous relying on him as a starter. Most sources have him ranked respectably enough that I should be fine with it but I'm not sure I really buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
                            Are you guys buying into Gerhart in fantasy this year? He was the best RB2 I could get in my 1.0 PPR league. I know he's going to be a 3 down back that gets goal line carries/catches passes. Volume will be his friend. But is he going to be worth a shit? That offense is going to be bad and he is, you know, white. I have him as a pure bench player in my 10 team league & am comfortable with that, but I'm definitely a little nervous relying on him as a starter. Most sources have him ranked respectably enough that I should be fine with it but I'm not sure I really buy it.
                            I'm not taking that chance.

Comment

Originally posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
                              He should be ok given he should get alot of carries but personally I'd try and trade him off after his first decent game

Comment

Working...
                              X