Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last comment on Vereen... as long as Ridley has a pulse, he will continue to eat into Vereen's numbers. I have been juggling those two guys on my fantasy teams for years now, and just when it looks like one has the a lock on the job, Brady goes to the other. It's completely frustrating.

Hell, other than Brady himself, trying to pick a reliable fantasy producer from the Patriots offense is near impossible. Especially since Welker has departed.

Comment

Seems like the only constant on the Pats offense is an injury to Gronk.
      #Fire Garrett

Comment

I appreciate all the feedback on Vereen, fellas. The trade talks I had involving him were only preliminary and I have decided not to pursue the trade I had discussed (I give A. Brown and T. Gerhart and receive Vereen and Crabtree). Definitely a lot of risk to both Vereen and Crabtree compared to the relatively safety of A. Brown as a PPR commodity. I'm not really sold on Gerhart outside of the fact that he'll be a workhorse, but I have other RB2 options that could materialize as the season progresses (Pierce for week 1 & 2 and L. Miller and B. Sankey, who could become more valuable later on).

That said, I think Vereen is in for a huge year, especially in a PPR. I've dealt with both players in fantasy too and Ridley is one or two more lost fumbles away from possibly never playing for the Patriots again. Clearly Belichick is impossible to predict but I am pretty confident Vereen is going to easily receive the most touches out of all those guys. I think he might catch 85 passes and rush for 500-600 yards. It's a gamble though, particularly with his injury history. I would have loved to have been able to draft him, but I am going to stop short of trading away a guy like Brown for him.

Comment

Originally posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
          I appreciate all the feedback on Vereen, fellas. The trade talks I had involving him were only preliminary and I have decided not to pursue the trade I had discussed (I give A. Brown and T. Gerhart and receive Vereen and Crabtree). Definitely a lot of risk to both Vereen and Crabtree compared to the relatively safety of A. Brown as a PPR commodity. I'm not really sold on Gerhart outside of the fact that he'll be a workhorse, but I have other RB2 options that could materialize as the season progresses (Pierce for week 1 & 2 and L. Miller and B. Sankey, who could become more valuable later on).

That said, I think Vereen is in for a huge year, especially in a PPR. I've dealt with both players in fantasy too and Ridley is one or two more lost fumbles away from possibly never playing for the Patriots again. Clearly Belichick is impossible to predict but I am pretty confident Vereen is going to easily receive the most touches out of all those guys. I think he might catch 85 passes and rush for 500-600 yards. It's a gamble though, particularly with his injury history. I would have loved to have been able to draft him, but I am going to stop short of trading away a guy like Brown for him.
          A surprise ppr guy you might want to watch is McCluster who I bet Whisenhut uses alot like he did Woodhead last year, he won't be a good play every week but I'd start him against us and other teams with suspect linebackers
          2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

See what I mean?
            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

See what I mean?
              The 49ers have really had a hard time with regard to wide receivers... hell, if it wasn't for John throwing his brother a bone (Boldin for a 6th), they would have been completely screwed.

Comment

Have a question for discussion:

I'm possibly looking to upgrade at the TE position. I have Charles Clay and Jared Cook. The guy I'm thinking about trading for is Dwayne Allen.

1. Would you consider that an upgrade? I don't watch any Dolphins games so really don't know anything other than box score stuff on Clay. Also seems like every fantasy football article lists Allen as a sleeper.

2. The guy that has him also has Grownkowski but was playing Allen at the flex as well.

3. I have Markus Wheaton, DeAndre Hopkins, and Josh Gordon on the bench. He has Miles Austin, Cole Beasely, and Nate Burleson (yeah bench is extremely weak). I think I can get him for either Hopkins or Wheaton.

4. Is the loss of one of those worth the gain of Allen or try for someone better?

5. Should I just wait on Clay?
                #Fire Garrett

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post

I'm possibly looking to upgrade at the TE position. I have Charles Clay and Jared Cook. The guy I'm thinking about trading for is Dwayne Allen.

1. Would you consider that an upgrade? I don't watch any Dolphins games so really don't know anything other than box score stuff on Clay. Also seems like every fantasy football article lists Allen as a sleeper.

2. The guy that has him also has Grownkowski but was playing Allen at the flex as well.

3. I have Markus Wheaton, DeAndre Hopkins, and Josh Gordon on the bench. He has Miles Austin, Cole Beasely, and Nate Burleson (yeah bench is extremely weak). I think I can get him for either Hopkins or Wheaton.

4. Is the loss of one of those worth the gain of Allen or try for someone better?

FB INFRACTSHUN!

Comment

FB INFRACTSHUN!
                    I will also welcome his opinion.
                    #Fire Garrett

Comment

I will also welcome his opinion.
                      I am very out of shape, and not currently on any NFL roster. I recommend you stand put
                      2015 DCC Fantasy Football League Champion

Comment

I'm a fan of Clay. I would wait on him as that offense is coming into form and he's a good part of it.

Comment

I'd stick with Clay, Allen has potential but there is also Fleener there who got more targets last game
                          2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

Comment

FB INFRACTSHUN!
                            I think I would also stick with Clay.

Comment

Originally posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
                              I think I would also stick with Clay.
                              DOUBLE FB INFRACTSHUN!

Comment

DOUBLE FB INFRACTSHUN!
                                I don't use Facebook. I do have an account under an alias, but only log on if one of the handful of people I've added as friends tells me they have posted pix or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X