Watkins: With four games left, let’s examine the state of the Cowboys

DLK150

DCC 4Life
While Lee is an all time great *when* 100% healthy(Which is rare), LVE has earned the right to be on the field for the vast majority of the defensive snaps with his performance this season. As I'm concerned, Lee's been Wally Pipped.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
They can't be seriously considering playing Lee over the new kid. The defense is feeding off of this kid's energy. He's already a fan favorite and should be in the ROY conversation.

Lee can play 4 or 5 snaps a game and stay healthy. End of story. Send this post to Jerry.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Going back to Romo in 2016 would have been the right thing to do. Dak's performance since that season makes it painfully obvious Romo was much better, and you always play the better player.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Going back to Romo in 2016 would have been the right thing to do. Dak's performance since that season makes it painfully obvious Romo was much better, and you always play the better player.
2014 Romo was better than 2017/2018 Dak. 2016 Romo had a fractured back and a clavicle made of toothpicks. We moved on largely because Romo couldn't stay healthy and because Dak was playing lights-out, near mistake-free football.

i would take 2014 Romo back on this team in a second. We would be SB contenders. It's just not possible.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Why do so many threads morph into a Romo vs Dak debate? :picard​​​​​​​

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
2014 Romo was better than 2017/2018 Dak. 2016 Romo had a fractured back and a clavicle made of toothpicks. We moved on largely because Romo couldn't stay healthy and because Dak was playing lights-out, near mistake-free football.

i would take 2014 Romo back on this team in a second. We would be SB contenders. It's just not possible.
That's pretty much what it comes down to but some people can't wrap their heads around that.

Peyton Manning is an all time great QB but you wouldn't want 2015 Peyton Manning leading your team if you can help it. Age and injury eventually catches up with every player.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Yep. I was a bit skeptical of Dak's breakout rookie season but it doesn't really matter because Romo was done anyway you look at it. He *was* better than Dak at escaping pressure in the pocket but he was a China doll that gave himself up to too many hits without the physique to handle them. That and age caught up with him.

I still would have drafted a QB after 2016 though. Dak was basically anointed after his rookie season, not just by Dallas and while he has improved recently this season I would still try and find some legitimate competition for him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
End of day, passing records don't equate to winning football. The postseason records don't exist, and every Cowboy great has superior playoff stats. Craig Morton, Roger Staubach, Danny White. and Troy Aikman ALL hold superior significant QB performance in the postseason.
My post isn’t intended to equate Romo with a team accomplishment. It takes an entire team to get to the trophy and have a winning season. Aikman as an example was great when he had a fantastic team around him but when that diminished he couldn’t win the game by himself. The team had a losing record. That same thing happened to some of the others. My assessment of Romo was based on his individual performances notwithstanding the personnel around him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Z
Why do so many threads morph into a Romo vs Dak debate? :picard​​​​​​​
Probably the same reason the Hostile dialogue keeps surfing. We can’t turn it loose. There are sticking points with some.

Top Bottom