Week 13 Game Day Chatter | Saints @ Cowboys | 11-29-2018

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Oh shut up Witten. What did you say when Fat Wade was fired midseason?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not hugely concerned about the Eagles hanging a ton of points on us.

But I am concerned about us scoring on them.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Oh shut up Witten. What did you say when Fat Wade was fired midseason?
Totally different situations. Firing McCarthy was a bitch move to placate your prima dona QB. He coached your team for 13 years and won a Superbowl. Five games left in the season. No reason to fire him. Just let it play out.

Wade has lost the team and the team had quit. You're getting blown out game after game. Jones had no choice.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Totally different situations. Firing McCarthy was a bitch move to placate your prima dona QB. He coached your team for 13 years and won a Superbowl. Five games left in the season. No reason to fire him. Just let it play out.

Wade has lost the team and the team had quit. You're getting blown out game after game. Jones had no choice.
I believe Rogers quit.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Witten basically said he didn't agree with firing a coach midseason, he didn't specify if there was justification under different circumstances and I don't remember him speaking up when Wade was fired. That's all I'm saying. I don't blame the Packers for McCarthy and I wouldn't have blamed Jones for firing Garrett midseason, which some fans were clamoring for.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Witten basically said he didn't agree with firing a coach midseason, he didn't specify if there was justification under different circumstances and I don't remember him speaking up when Wade was fired. That's all I'm saying. I don't blame the Packers for McCarthy and I wouldn't have blamed Jones for firing Garrett midseason, which some fans were clamoring for.
No smart player would speak out about their coach that was just fired mid season. And Witten speaks out about it now because it’s his JOB.

Not that hard to figure out.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I think it worked out pretty good last night. Sanchez isn’t doing anything with the Skins so last nights loss effectively kills their playoff hope. Eagles have to get by us, and if they somehow do the Rams and Texans are going to finish them off anyways.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think it worked out pretty good last night. Sanchez isn’t doing anything with the Skins so last nights loss effectively kills their playoff hope. Eagles have to get by us, and if they somehow do the Rams and Texans are going to finish them off anyways.
I can already hear the Eagles fans complaining about the Eagles short week plus travel day vs. Dallas’ ten full days of rest.

Too bad.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep, everything is setting up perfectly for Dallas. They have to be about 70% to make the playoffs now.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yep, everything is setting up perfectly for Dallas. They have to be about 70% to make the playoffs now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we beat the Eagles the thing is all but locked up.

If we lose to the Eagles it gets interesting but the Eagles still have a brutal schedule to finish the season so even then we still have a great shot at the division. The Texans and Rams should both beat the Eagles. The best I could see them doing is 2-2 with their last 4 games. Which means we would need to win more than 8.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Im rewatching the game.....and wanted to throw some comments out

If you didnt see it, the Amari fumble went like this: a NO defender knees the ball out of Cooper's hands as he's being tackled. Then, another defender accidentally kicks the ball right back to Cooper. It caught Cooper unaware, and the defender grabbed the ball before Cooper knew what happened. That's why we see the image of him not recovering the ball that's right in front of him.

Fleming and SuaFilo had a good first half. They werent being abused quite yet.

Lewis made several nice plays, including one that should have been a pick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom