Week 13 Game Day Chatter | Saints @ Cowboys | 11-29-2018

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but Crawford is demonstrating that he is pretty much the most consistent guy on that line. You know exactly what you are going to get with him. Decent play, but not spectacular. He's getting paid for spectacular though.
Lawrence says fuck off

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lawrence says fuck off
Lawrence still has had a couple games where he disappeared. That could have been due to his injury. When I say consistency, I say you pretty much know what you are going to get. Lawrence has been on a tear recently, but he had a lull earlier in the year. Nothing I said before indicated Crawford was better, just more consistent.

If it eases your feelings, he is consistent like Looney is. Or Heath.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Prescott has 9 fumbles the last 7 games.
That is terrible. However, I think what we miss out on is how many times he's getting hit. He is the most sacked QB in the league. Yeah, maybe he sacks himself a bit but QBs that get hit fumble. That simple.

The two fumbles against the Saints were not Dak's fault. The first one his left guard got shoved into his face as he was winding up to throw. He was looking right. No chance not to fumble. The second one he was looking left and his RT got immediately torched and he is sacked right on the side holding the ball. Neither play did he hold the ball too long. Neither play did he have a chance to move out of trouble.

Sometimes the other team is better and our offensive line play was poor in the second half. Not average, not subpar, poor. Dak actually had a hell of a game considering he was sacked 7 times. How many QBs win games when they are sacked 7 times? Brees got sacked twice and he had a far worse game than Dak. He's a vastly superior QB.

I am hard on Dak but I can't in good conscience light him up for his play last night. He did much more right than wrong.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yeah, it's called, Sua Filo isn't that good and Connor Williams should get that job back as soon as possible.
Apparently he was playing with a bad ankle. I think i'll trust Columbo and Huock to figure out who to start. Might be there is no good answer. I wonder if Looney could play guard once Frederick gets healthy. The Williams/Collins swap would be another consideration.

Last edited:

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Dak sacks himself a lot. Not just “a bit.”
I honestly didn't think any of the 7 sacks were really on him last night. Maybe one...

The line play was awful last night. Far worse than what Brees was dealing with.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I honestly didn't think any of the 7 sacks were really on him last night. Maybe one...

The line play was awful last night. Far worse than what Brees was dealing with.
Their definitely weren't plays where Dak was holding the ball forever but I also don't know the routes. I don't know if there were options where Dak should have seen the pressure and gotten rid of the ball right away. The problem is the middle of our line is giving up way too much ground. There is no room for Dak to sort of step up and elude pressure. I think the term is called crushing the can. When the ends are able to get so much pressure you like room for your QB to step up and avoid it. But there was none for Dak to sort of do that. We did the same thing to Brees which is what made it so hard for him to throw the ball.

Clearly something is different this year than the previous two. The most obvious answer is Travis Frederick. The good news is all the pressure on Dak didn't throw him off his game. He still threw the ball pretty well against the Saints. This wasn't him totally falling apart like he did against the Falcons last year.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Their definitely weren't plays where Dak was holding the ball forever but I also don't know the routes. I don't know if there were options where Dak should have seen the pressure and gotten rid of the ball right away. The problem is the middle of our line is giving up way too much ground. There is no room for Dak to sort of step up and elude pressure. I think the term is called crushing the can. When the ends are able to get so much pressure you like room for your QB to step up and avoid it. But there was none for Dak to sort of do that. We did the same thing to Brees which is what made it so hard for him to throw the ball.

Clearly something is different this year than the previous two. The most obvious answer is Travis Frederick. The good news is all the pressure on Dak didn't throw him off his game. He still threw the ball pretty well against the Saints. This wasn't him totally falling apart like he did against the Falcons last year.
Sua Filo was awful last night. One of fumbles was caused by the DT shoving him into Dak's face when he was winding up to throw. He was getting man-handled.

Supposedly he was playing with a bad ankle so perhaps he couldn't anchor.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I really look forward to Scooter Magruder this week.

"For all you non-believers, go to Home Depot, buy a chair, and sit all. the way. down." :lol:lol:lol

data

Forbes #1
Dak Prescott’s QB competence is about the same as Garrett’s coaching competence.

Inconsistent, shock you here and fail you there - ultimately, you end up mediocre 8-8

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sua Filo was awful last night. One of fumbles was caused by the DT shoving him into Dak's face when he was winding up to throw. He was getting man-handled.

Supposedly he was playing with a bad ankle so perhaps he couldn't anchor.
The Saints defense has been pretty good. They held Philly to 7 total points. So its not shocking they pressured us. The Saints got 6 sacks on Matt Ryan for example.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

"For all you non-believers, go to Home Depot, buy a chair, and sit all. the way. down." :lol:lol:lol
Always hilarious. Wished he posted on this site.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Week 13 early inactives
Posted by Josh Alper on December 2, 2018, 11:32 AM EST

Every week we bring you all the inactives from the early games in one post, constantly updated with the latest information. Check back to see the full list as it becomes available 90 minutes ahead of the 1 p.m. ET kickoffs.

Panthers at Buccaneers

Panthers: G Brendan Mahon, CB Lorenzo Doss, G Amini Silatolu, DE Marquis Haynes, RB Travaris Cadet, LB Andre Smith, DT Vernon Butler

Buccaneers: WR DeSean Jackson, CB M.J. Stewart, CB Carlton Davis, T Demar Dotson, QB Ryan Griffin, CB Brent Grimes, DT Rakeem Nunez-Roches

Ravens at Falcons

Ravens: S Tony Jefferson, QB Joe Flacco, WR Jordan Lasley, LB Tim Williams, T James Hurst, FB Patrick Ricard, DT Zach Sieler

Falcons: K Giorgio Tavecchio, RB Brian Hill, CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson, S Keith Tandy, S Ryan Neal, DE Steven Means, T Matt Gono

Broncos at Bengals

Broncos: LB Shaq Barrett, CB Tramaine Brock, LB Brandon Marshall, DE DeMarcus Walker, LB Jeff Holland, OL Sam Jones, G Nico Falah

Bengals: WR Josh Malone, CB Tony McRae, WR Auden Tate, LB Brandon Bell, T Cedric Ogbuehi, T Cordy Glenn, DE Kasim Edebali

Rams at Lions

Rams: DB Darious Williams, RB Justin Davis, RB John Kelly, LB Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, DT Sebastian Joseph-Day, TE Johnny Mundt, DT Tanzel Smart

Lions: RB Kerryon Johnson, FB Nick Bellore, WR Brandon Powell, TE Michael Roberts, DE Kerry Hyder, CB Teez Tabor, LB Trevor Bates

Cardinals at Packers

Cardinals: LB Deone Bucannon, WR Chad Williams, CB Quinten Rollins, CB Dontae Johnson, LB Thurston Armbrister, OL D.J. Humphries, DL Cameron Malveaux

Packers: S Kentrell Brice, S Raven Greene, RB Tra Carson, QB Tim Boyle, CB Kevin King, CB Bashaud Breeland, OL Alex Light

Bills at Dolphins

Bills: QB Derek Anderson, G John Miller, WR Ray-Ray McCloud, CB Ryan Lewis, G Vladimir Ducasse, T Conor McDermott, TE Logan Thomas

Dolphins: QB David Fales, C Travis Swanson, G Isaac Asiata, T Zach Sterup, DE Jonathan Woodard, WR Danny Amendola, TE A.J. Derby

Bears at Giants

Bears: QB Mitchell Trubisky, WR Kevin White, DB Sherrick McManis, RB Benny Cunningham, OL Rashaad Coward, WR Javon Wims, DT Nick Williams

Giants: TE Evan Engram, LB B.J. Goodson, QB Alex Tanney, S Kamrin Moore, LB Lorenzo Carter, C Evan Brown, DT John Jenkins

Colts at Jaguars

Colts: TE Mo Alie-Cox, C Ryan Kelly, OL Le’Raven Clark, S Corey Moore, DT Hassan Ridgeway, TE Clive Walford, RB Jonathan Williams

Jaguars: WR D.J. Chark, CB Tre Herndon, CB Quenton Meeks, LB Blair Brown, DT Eli Ankou, DE Lerentee McCray, OL Josh Walker

Browns at Texans

Browns: OL Austin Corbett, QB Drew Stanton, DB Juston Burris, OL Desmond Harrison, TE Pharaoh Brown, DL Chad Thomas, DL Carl Davis

Texans: WR Keke Coutee, WR Vyncint Smith, CB Natrell Jamerson, CB Deante Burton, LB Duke Ejiofor, DE Carlos Watkins, DE Joel Heath

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn, with the Redskins/Eagles game on Monday night...these games kind of suck.

I can't even pick one early game that has much intrigue to it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah but the Skins have Colt McCoy leading them through the stretch. I have a hard time believing they won't fall apart.

Top Bottom