Week 13 Game Day Chatter | Saints @ Cowboys | 11-29-2018

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Depressing and I think he oversells the Tebow comparison. But likely a lot of truth here.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Hey gif guy, can you find the clip of Cam Jordan's sack fumble of Dak? I don't have a DVR, but I swear Jordan jumped early.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Depressing and I think he oversells the Tebow comparison. But likely a lot of truth here.
Career 75 QB rating. Cowherd is a turd too. I haven't watched this yet though.

Ok, watched it now. It's just Cowherd's typical shock value bullshit. Like I said, look at the passing numbers. Tebow literally couldn't throw the ball at all. Dak has his issues but the Tebow comparison is for shock value. Besides, Cowherd has no idea how to evaluate anything. He's just joe fan saying shit for attention and ratings.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hey gif guy, can you find the clip of Cam Jordan's sack fumble of Dak? I don't have a DVR, but I swear Jordan jumped early.
I haven't seen one yet.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Damn, that's pretty.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Randy Gregory wasn’t lined up in the neutral zone
Posted by Mike Florio on November 30, 2018, 12:27 PM EST

One of the more bizarre officiating errors in a night marked with several of them came when the folks in black and white wiped out a Drew Brees fumble, recovered by the Cowboys.

Referee Walt Anderson announced that Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory had lined up in the neutral zone. But one small problem existed with this conclusion: Gregory wasn’t lined up in the neutral zone.

The neutral zone is, per the official rulebook, the “space between the forward and backward points of the ball (planes) and extends to the sidelines.” Look at the photo of the pre-snap alignment.

Gregory’s hand simply doesn’t line up with or beyond the forward point of the ball.

“This is too technical for a foul to be called,” former NFL referee and current Sunday Night Football rules analyst Terry McAulay told PFT via text message. “Moreover, the [left tackle] appears to be lined up in the backfield, so it would be better to have simply warned both players in this situation.”

Even a warning arguably would have been excessive. Gregory simply wasn’t in the neutral zone, and the official that concluded otherwise flat out blew it.
I've been saying it for years, officiating won't improve unless there's a punishment handed down to these refs for making calls that just were't penalties in order to sway momentum or keep a team in a game.

Some may say it'll cause them to not call some penalties because it's too risky, I say good. I'd rather the two teams determine the outcome than some middle aged man running around with a footlocker shirt on.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And yet we only got 3 out of it.
Took over 9 minutes off the clock, keeping the ball out of Brees' hands not giving him time at the end of the half, and came away with 3 points.

I'll take that all day, every day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been saying it for years, officiating won't improve unless there's a punishment handed down to these refs for making calls that just were't penalties in order to sway momentum or keep a team in a game.

Some may say it'll cause them to not call some penalties because it's too risky, I say good. I'd rather the two teams determine the outcome than some middle aged man running around with a footlocker shirt on.
I just don't get how refs can call phantom penalties at the most inopportune times. Like warn the dude and move on if you think he is pushing the limit on the neutral zone. If it's not clear I'm not sure how you can suddenly call it on one of the biggest plays in the game. I swear sometimes refs just want to feel like they are impacting the game so they call shit for no reason.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Looks like the old Flying V logo of the Vedol Oil Company.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Meh. If he made half the money, that would have been a great play. Or so I hear...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Took over 9 minutes off the clock, keeping the ball out of Brees' hands not giving him time at the end of the half, and came away with 3 points.

I'll take that all day, every day.
Yep, if you go 3 and out you give the Saints the ball right back in Dallas territory. Draining that clock and flipping field position is huge.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meh. If he made half the money, that would have been a great play. Or so I hear...
I'm as hard on him as anyone. I still don't think he is very good at RE but that's a great play and he had a very good game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Um... WGAS?

That was a tackle, eventually. I mean isn't he supposed to do that?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Um... WGAS?

That was a tackle, eventually. I mean isn't he supposed to do that?
Yeah, but Crawford is demonstrating that he is pretty much the most consistent guy on that line. You know exactly what you are going to get with him. Decent play, but not spectacular. He's getting paid for spectacular though.

Top Bottom