Week 13 Game Day Chatter | Saints @ Cowboys | 11-29-2018

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Story of his career though, right? Never can play the ball in the air.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Elliott couldn't get much going all night. We really need the OL to get healthy. Hopefully this ten days lets Smith and Williams get back, and lets Martin get rested.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And yet we only got 3 out of it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

How does Crawford even get off this block. Just wow.
Tyrone Crawford is great at half his current salary.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, it's called, Sua Filo isn't that good and Connor Williams should get that job back as soon as possible.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Yeah, again, this "he makes mistakes" argument is completely worthless unless we can quantify it against every other coach who also makes mistakes. You just aren't keeping mental track of the mistakes of every other coach. So saying "he makes mistakes," is a "no shit," because they all do. Does he make more mistakes than other coaches? Can you prove it?

There is plenty to dislike Garrett for, but this complaint amounts to nothing. There is no context to generate any meaning other than fan whining.
How about this? He makes more mistakes than I like to see in a head coach that has been on the job for 8 years or whatever. How many challenges does a team get unless they win both challenges?

How easy of a rule is that? Garrett should know that by now, especially with how often he loses challenges. If the average football fan who is sitting on their couch can keep track of how many challenges Payton used, can we not expect Garrett to know?

He had no clue. Every down is precious in a game like that. You're trying to keep Brees on the sideline. To run up to the line and essentially waste a play when you don't have to, that's rookie mistake shit.

I'll give you the point that I don't know how many bonehead decisions go on league wide each week, but I witness my fair share when I turn on a Cowboy game.

Cotton

Staff member

lol wut

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Might have gotten there just a tad early.
You can't play defense if that is PI.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How is shit like this called but we never get a hold. On the Gregory facemask play he was being raped with a hold. But we never get those.
The league has a vendetta against Jerry Jones. After last year with Elliott and the continuing "we never get holding calls in our favor" nonsense, there's no other explanation.

Cotton

Staff member

Uhh, no.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Story of his career though, right? Never can play the ball in the air.
No, the story of his career so far is that he was badly misused by the coaching staff and/or management by trying to make him a safety before becoming one of the best CBs in the league.

Sheik

DCC 4Life

lol wut
That had to be a prank.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
At this point I'm more impartial than most (to say the least) but I don't get all the ref-blaming. The Saints had a bunch of ticky-tack calls against them, too. The first half was like 10-1 penalties against them so it was normal for that to equalize a little bit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope not. He has been amazing for the young DB's and if he is actually calling the defense he's been spot on.
Unless someone offers him a head coaching job he will be back. I really think he has been the defacto defensive coordinator this season anyway.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's a Ticket schtick guy... he's done that to Peyton Manning and Gregg Popovich among many others. He's with ESPN 103.3 now, but I guess the act lives on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looney hasn't been a rock.

He's been good for a backup. But he's a backup.
He gives up too much ground. And honestly he is late in giving help on pass protection too often. It's why Dak has too much shit in his face. I guess when you're comparing him to Frederick it's a little unfair but that man was like a brick wall.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Unless someone offers him a head coaching job he will be back. I really think he has been the defacto defensive coordinator this season anyway.
Am I the only one really curious about how this went down? Does the team go to Rod and tell him, "This is the way it is" and that's it? Did they have to guarantee this to Richard to entice him to sign here? Did that irritate Rod and he puts up with it because he's a good team player, or did he just say eff it, I'm getting old so I don't care if someone else does it?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kinda inexcusable for them to call that, after that play. It's almost a pick up the flag moment. You can't call Gregory for that there.
Massive game changing play. For them to call a ticky tack offsides late like that just felt like a total bush league, we need to keep the Saints offense on the field call.

Top Bottom