Week 13 Game Day Chatter | Saints @ Cowboys | 11-29-2018

vince

Not So New Member
Just got home from the game. Man was that fun to be there. What a huge win. Don't have a lot of hope for what we will do in the playoffs, but the I'm enjoying the run I must admit.
Was there a large number of saints fans? How crushed were they? I truly hope they got verbally abused.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah, again, this "he makes mistakes" argument is completely worthless unless we can quantify it against every other coach who also makes mistakes. You just aren't keeping mental track of the mistakes of every other coach. So saying "he makes mistakes," is a "no shit," because they all do. Does he make more mistakes than other coaches? Can you prove it?

There is plenty to dislike Garrett for, but this complaint amounts to nothing. There is no context to generate any meaning other than fan whining.
I bitch about his in-game decisions all the time. I think he's got a terrible feel for the game, but he outcoached Payton last night. It was great seeing him so defeated on the sidelines.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
With a competent QB that game isnt even in question for us. Glad they won and I'm going to enjoy every second of tgat defensive performance regardless of the what if s and future buts.

Garrett and Dak get extensions today when it should be Lawrence and Byron Jones.
Yeah, I mean, people on here were all rooting for Garrett to lose the team and spiral out of control.

Garrett has plenty of flaws, but everyone who mocks his message is an ignorant slut. He gets this team to buy into the fight motto.

They don't collapse around him when the pressure is on. In fact, they tend to rally.

It's the opposite of Wade Phillips, who is good with Xs and Os but is a terrible team manager.

Garrett actually is not bad at running the team. Sorry if people don't like to hear it.

He could use an offensive coordinator upgrade though.
This may be true. He may actually be a good motivator. But he leaves tons to be desired as an offensive guy. Maybe a bolder more innovative OC with him as HC would work, but then you also have the DC to worry about. Marrinelli wasn't this good on his own and Richard will either be a DC or HC somewhere else next year. So the D won't be as good. Then it depends on what they do at OC. Garrett can't do it without major talent at both coordinator positions because I think the walk around HC thing is BS.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah, people dog him hard mainly because of what he's paid, but that's certainly not his fault. But there is no denying he is playing well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you Kris Richard

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This may be true. He may actually be a good motivator. But he leaves tons to be desired as an offensive guy. Maybe a bolder more innovative OC with him as HC would work, but then you also have the DC to worry about. Marrinelli wasn't this good on his own and Richard will either be a DC or HC somewhere else next year. So the D won't be as good. Then it depends on what they do at OC. Garrett can't do it without major talent at both coordinator positions because I think the walk around HC thing is BS.
I think Marinelli could retire. Richard isn't going anywhere.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And misses as many big plays as he does.

He missed a wide open deep TD to Gallup both last night and vs the Redskins.

He missed one to Cooper vs Atlanta.

He missed one to Swain vs Tennessee.

He just misses way too many easy throws and what's worse, they're always for big plays and scores.

I can't help but think this will be our eventual downfall.
He missed a wide open Noah Brown on the goal line against the skins last week, too.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
With a competent QB that game isnt even in question for us. Glad they won and I'm going to enjoy every second of tgat defensive performance regardless of the what if s and future buts.

Garrett and Dak get extensions today when it should be Lawrence and Byron Jones.
I think Marinelli could retire. Richard isn't going anywhere.
I hope not. He has been amazing for the young DB's and if he is actually calling the defense he's been spot on.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I like it.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The Dec. 16 game against the Indianapolis Colts will likely be moved from noon to 3 p.m. with the FOX Sports’ top broadcast team of Troy Aikman and Joe Buck doing the game.
Ugh. Too many late afternoon games.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

I like it.
Speaking of...

Where the hell is Carp?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
:lol

I'll consider things changed once they finally make it to a conference championship game. And that should still be the requirement for Garrett to keep his job. Garrett should still be on the hot seat, IMO......pending what happens in the postseason.
If he wins the division and a playoff game, it would be a tough argument to make that he should be fired. I mean, he went 13-3, then went 9-7 without Zeke for 6 games (definitely our best player), then wins the division and a playoff game, and you fire him?

But a new offensive coordinator and QB coach should be on the menu no matter what.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Not to mention had he done what Payton did last night we’d be calling for his head on a pike

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That play where Jaylon Smith stopped Kamara short of the goal line was the mirror image of that play he made against Deshaun Watson.

Smith has become my new favorite Cowboy. He still has a lot of room to grow in the area of pass coverage, but from 10 yards and in he's about as good as it gets.
That's one of those plays you don't always remember, cause it was a third down stop, and it got overshadowed by the 4th down stop. But he came from way the hell over on the other side of the field. Kamara walks that in for a TD if Smith doesn't turn on the burners and stop him like a full 2 yards short of the endzone. Very impressive. Smith living up to his selection, at least as a second round pick, if maybe not the top 5 potential he once had.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hard to argue against.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Kinda inexcusable for them to call that, after that play. It's almost a pick up the flag moment. You can't call Gregory for that there.

Top Bottom