Week 13 Game Day Chatter | Saints @ Cowboys | 11-29-2018

kidd

DCC 4Life
Ya know, every year we have a win like this where we beat a team we have no business beating. Fans start getting their hopes up only to be let down.

I wanna see what this team does next week before I start touting this defense. They got up for this game and that’s great but let’s see this shit every week.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Call me crazy, but DLaw is having a more impactful season than any DWare season, even in the 20+ sack seasons.

May not show in the sack stats, but DLaw’s plays seem to end drives or cause strip sacks with more frequency.
That's fucking retarded.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That's fucking retarded.
I wouldnt say that. Maybe its not to that extent all the way but the one thing that we always complained about was how passive Ware seemed to be. These guys feed of Lawrence energy. Maybe he doesn't get the 20 sacks but the energy and intensity is better.

Rev

Staff member
With a competent QB that game isnt even in question for us. Glad they won and I'm going to enjoy every second of tgat defensive performance regardless of the what if s and future buts.

Garrett and Dak get extensions today when it should be Lawrence and Byron Jones.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Imagine where it would be with a real defensive interior rusher.
So true, though I will say Woods has been almost competent at the 1 spot. We also have the right to hope Irving makes it back and plays in time for it to matter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A lot of the YPP was YAC. I didn't even realize it wound up being seven sacks, TBH. That's a combination of Dak's crappy pocket presence and the crap OL and it makes it more amazing that Dallas pulled off a W. I was so numb to him being pressured and sacked that I lost track of the stats.
I think a couple of those sacks were basically for no loss of yards though. There weren't really 7 drive killing sacks. More like 3 critical sacks or so. Still way too many. And way too many times the Oline was just beat.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Ya know, every year we have a win like this where we beat a team we have no business beating. Fans start getting their hopes up only to be let down.

I wanna see what this team does next week before I start touting this defense. They got up for this game and that’s great but let’s see this shit every week.
After the excitement wore off last night, I came back down to earth.

I definitely felt that way about the D a few weeks ago, but this defense is for real. They have stepped it up over the last month and are the reason for the win streak. The bad news, as there always is for Dallas is that Dak basically sucks.

Yeah Tyron was out, and we miss The Bearded One but holy shit the guy is a sack and fumble machine. Add that to the overthrow on a a wide open Gallup down the sideline and there are the indicators that he just doesn’t grasp the position. He definitely doesn’t protect the ball and he is a sitting duck in the pocket.

This is a SB caliber D but Dak effectively neutralizes it with the TOs and sacks.

I’m celebrating the win but my enthusiasm for the postseason is very limited.

I don’t think a team can win marching thru the playoffs with a QB who takes huge sacks and fumbles the ball like Dak does at the most inopportune time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Might be a little different if we weren't on a 4 game win streak and on top of the division. That doesn't happen every year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You didn’t watch the 2nd half and then pronounced tha Cowboys lucky?
They are lucky to score only 13 points and get that kind of defensive performance. The defense bailed to offense out from sacks and Prescott's dithering over and over again. They get credit for the effort but I won't consider that there was no luck involved. How often does Payton mishandle a game, for example?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They are lucky to score only 13 points and get that kind of defensive performance. The defense bailed to offense out from sacks and Prescott's dithering over and over again. They get credit for the effort but I won't consider that there was no luck involved. How often does Payton mishandle a game, for example?
That’s what happened but why add you didn’t watch the second half? That’s where The Dallas offense screwed the pooch. I think you must have watched the second half. Amirite? :unsure

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm not as pissed at the defense as I was.

That turnover to end the game totally redeemed them from that third qtr performance.
I actually didn't have a problem with their 3rd qtr. If not for Randy Gregory's incompetence they probably hold the Saints to 3 points.

1bigfan13

Staff member
:lol

I'll consider things changed once they finally make it to a conference championship game. And that should still be the requirement for Garrett to keep his job. Garrett should still be on the hot seat, IMO......pending what happens in the postseason.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
:lol

I'll consider things changed once they finally make it to a conference championship game. And they should still be the requirement for Garrett to keep his job. Garrett should still be on the hot seat, IMO......pending what happens in the postseason.
He should but you do realize that he wont be, right? He makes the playoffs and he at least gets a one year extension.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I hate to feel this way.

I want to be all proud and all, but I have this feel that next week, they come out fat and proud and get knocked flat on their fucking asses.

Tell me I am wrong.
Given the opponent (Philadelphia) I doubt they come out flat. They may get beat but I doubt it's because they're flat.

Top Bottom