Week 13 Game Day Chatter | Saints @ Cowboys | 11-29-2018

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our offense is shit. Period.

but our defense put up an 85 Bears 00 Ravens performance
The one thing they did do great was eat the clock in this game. Kept the defense fresh. Just have to stop with the dumb penalties and sacks.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The real thing I am impressed on with this game.

Dallas took away Thomas, who virtually nobody else has.

Pretty commendable.
They took away everything.

We're notorious for allowing wide open targets at least a couple times a game and I thought that would kills us tonight, but we made Brees have to make a difficult throw time and time again.

We literally didn't give them anything.

That pass that Lewis intercepted was the 3rd or 4th of that type, but we finally got the pick when it mattered most.

They just didn't give them a damn thing all night and it was great.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The one thing they did do great was eat the clock in this game. Kept the defense fresh. Just have to stop with the dumb penalties and sacks.
not consistently they didn't. The defense delivered time after time. Fumble after fumble, sack after sack.

data

Forbes #1
Call me crazy, but DLaw is having a more impactful season than any DWare season, even in the 20+ sack seasons.

May not show in the sack stats, but DLaw’s plays seem to end drives or cause strip sacks with more frequency.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
not consistently they didn't. The defense delivered time after time. Fumble after fumble, sack after sack.
There was like 10 minutes on the clock on that final drive of ththe half. Then that last drive by Dak we ate the shit out of the clock. I disagree on this one. We had what, like 1 3 and out? We drove the ball a bunch. Just need to come away with far more points while doing it.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
The Saints score 3 points tonight if the refs were halfway decent.

Is there even anyway they overlooked Dallas? Especially after Lawrence opened his mouth this week?

The Saints are way too good to have that bad of a night. The defense is the best I can ever remember watching, granted I’m only 35 years old, and was pretty young when Dallas was winning SBs in the 90s. I don’t know if the defense is great, or if they had a great night. But hands down tonight was epic. Even when you take into account the calls against them in the 2nd half.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Saints score 3 points tonight if the refs were halfway decent.

Is there even anyway they overlooked Dallas? Especially after Lawrence opened his mouth this week?

The Saints are way too good to have that bad of a night. The defense is the best I can ever remember watching, granted I’m only 35 years old, and was pretty young when Dallas was winning SBs in the 90s. I don’t know if the defense is great, or if they had a great night. But hands down tonight was epic. Even when you take into account the calls against them in the 2nd half.
Props to the DTs. Won't show up in the stat line but they dominated. Collins caused that final INT with his pass rush.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Call me crazy, but DLaw is having a more impactful season than any DWare season, even in the 20+ sack seasons.

May not show in the sack stats, but DLaw’s plays seem to end drives or cause strip sacks with more frequency.
You don't say?

:art

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Good God, I am shocked at how well Dallas played tonight. It’s probably one of the best defensive performances I’ve seen from any Cowboys team outside of the Jimmy Johnson SB teams.

But with all the good, there’s always bad with Dallas. Huge fucking mistake on Gregory trying to block the punt, and then again on the face mask. The missed helmet to helmet on Smith was a bullet they dodged Those types of penalties will send you home in one and done games.

And, fuck those NFL refs. One of the worst officiating jobs I’ve seen in the last 10 years of watching football.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
There was like 10 minutes on the clock on that final drive of the half.
Settled for 3, though. Never happy about stalling out and having to settle.

Then that last drive by Dak we ate the shit out of the clock.
what, before fumbling?

Fumble

(2:42) (Shotgun) D.Prescott sacked at NO 15 for -9 yards (C.Jordan). FUMBLES (C.Jordan) [C.Jordan], RECOVERED by NO-C.Jordan at NO 15. C.Jordan to NO 15 for no gain (C.Fleming). Penalty on DAL-L.Collins, Offensive Holding, declined.

3rd & 5 at NO 6

Yeah, I loved that.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Settled for 3, though. Never happy about stalling out and having to settle.

what, before fumbling?
Like I said eat the clock. It ended with a fumble but if we go 3 and out I'm not sure we could have won. If we give Brees time at the end of half, they may have scored. Eating the clock against that offense is a big deal.

Our redzone offense is just so boring though. Zero creativity, I hate it. We can't keep settling for field goals inside the 20.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Our defense dominated from beginning to end. Brees ended up with 127 yards, and that TD should have been called back. But oh well. This defense is turning into a monster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good God, I am shocked at how well Dallas played tonight. It’s probably one of the defensive performances I’ve seen from any Cowboys team outside of the Jimmy Johnson SB teams.

But with all the good, there’s always bad with Dallas. Huge fucking mistake on Gregory trying to block the punt, and then again on the face mask. The missed helmet to helmet on Smith was a bullet they dodged Those types of penalties will send you home in one and done games.

And, fuck those NFL refs. One of the worst officiating jobs I’ve seen in the last 10 years of watching football.
Yeah, there is always something. A flawless victory is next to impossible.

This team is what it is. Capable, but there will always be that spectre of "something".

Getting a 13-10 win is just that, a W.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Our defense dominated from beginning to end. Brees ended up with 127 yards, and that TD should have been called back. But oh well. This defense is turning into a monster.
Imagine where it would be with a real defensive interior rusher.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Imagine where it would be with a real defensive interior rusher.
I truly believe this defense would be capable of shutting any team down with a big disruptive DT. Then, you would have the other guys subbing in and out and for 15-20 plays a game there wouldn’t be a ton of drop off.

And then if you could actually get a focused Irving on the field.

Damn.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Good God, I am shocked at how well Dallas played tonight. It’s probably one of the defensive performances I’ve seen from any Cowboys team outside of the Jimmy Johnson SB teams.

Fucking thank you.

Aside from that one drive where New Orleans score the TD, it was pretty atrocious for both teams.

That one drive where they call Gregory offsides, miss a helmet to helmet, then no calls an offensive PI that gives NO life, that would get an officiating team fired or at least split up to where they never work another game together as a crew again, if I were in charge.

I’m high. Celebratory dube.

Top Bottom