KT: Should The Dallas Cowboys Extend Dak This Offseason?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because, listen carefully, a wideout is easier to plug in than a QB. And even at that, Jerry's history with wideouts is horrendous. You're implying that "almost every NFC team has a better QB than Dak."

If so, how come half of them have worse records than Dak?

Phil: 5 - 6
NYG: 3 - 8

GB: 4 - 6
Det 4 - 7

Atl: 4- 7
TB: 4- 7

AZ: 2 - 9
SF: 2 - 9

And, consider that Dak is working with the handicap of a horrible coach.
Because Dak gets underrated by the fan base. He isn't a great passer but he also isn't horrendous like some talk about him. And yes I think having a better coach would impact it. Alex Smith with Andy Reid last year had a 104 QB rating. Alex Smith with a worse coaching staff this year has a 85.7 QB rating. These are the worst numbers he has posted since his 49ers days. Coaching and play calling has so much to do with it.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Because, listen carefully, a wideout is easier to plug in than a QB. And even at that, Jerry's history with wideouts is horrendous. You're implying that "almost every NFC team has a better QB than Dak."

If so, how come half of them have worse records than Dak?

Phil: 5 - 6
NYG: 3 - 8

GB: 4 - 6
Det 4 - 7

Atl: 4- 7
TB: 4- 7

AZ: 2 - 9
SF: 2 - 9

And, consider that Dak is working with the handicap of a horrible coach.
Oh c'mon. That's like asking how DeGrom can win the Cy Young despite only winning 10 games. Matt Stafford hasn't won anything of consequence his entire career, but you can bet that every NFC GM would take him over Dak. Other teams have shit records due to injuries (SF) or starting rookies (AZ). Would I trade Dak for Rosen? Absofuckinglutely.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Oh c'mon. That's like asking how DeGrom can win the Cy Young despite only winning 10 games. Matt Stafford hasn't won anything of consequence his entire career, but you can bet that every NFC GM would take him over Dak. Other teams have shit records due to injuries (SF) or starting rookies (AZ). Would I trade Dak for Rosen? Absofuckinglutely.
Dak's QB rating of 108.8 puts him 4th among NFC QBs, and his team leads the NFC East. What more do you want?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Dak's QB rating of 108.8 puts him 4th among NFC QBs, and his team leads the NFC East. What more do you want?
Yes, his cautious, high-percentage passes really strike fear in secondaries. For starters, stop missing easy passes, stop being careless with the football when protection breaks down, become a much better pocket passer, a much better passer on 3rd and long, etc.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yeah it was a bad throw. I'd have rather seen him overthrow it. Seems like a bad time to underthrow that pass and give the DB any shot at it.
That's the throw we were talking about earlier where I said he should have put more air under it, and you wanted him to flatten it out.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oh c'mon. That's like asking how DeGrom can win the Cy Young despite only winning 10 games.
This makes absolutely no sense. No pitcher has ever even come close to winning the Cy Young while only winning 10 games. It would have made more sense if you had talked of DeGrom winning the Cy Young while his team won only 60 games. That would have at least been like what was being talked about. QBs you say are better than Dak, but on teams winning less than Dallas.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
This makes absolutely no sense. No pitcher has ever even come close to winning the Cy Young while only winning 10 games. It would have made more sense if you had talked of DeGrom winning the Cy Young while his team won only 60 games. That would have at least been like what was being talked about. QBs you say are better than Dak, but on teams winning less than Dallas.
But that was exactly my point. Deadrise made a big fuss about certain teams' losing records -- which is something QBs can't always control, just as DeGrom couldn't control his lousy run support. This is a team sport, not tennis or golf.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
But that was exactly my point. Deadrise made a big fuss about certain teams' losing records -- which is something QBs can't always control, just as DeGrom couldn't control his lousy run support. This is a team sport, not tennis or golf.
But, you didn't say anything about run support. You used the example of him being a 10 game winning Cy Youn...

Forget it.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Yes, his cautious, high-percentage passes really strike fear in secondaries. For starters, stop missing easy passes, stop being careless with the football when protection breaks down, become a much better pocket passer, a much better passer on 3rd and long, etc.
Yes, those are all things he could do to be a better QB. But in the meantime his QB rating is 4th best in the NFC and his W - L record is equal to or better than 13 out of 16 teams in the NFC. Again, what more do you want?

He may not be the guy in the long run, but for now, what more do you want?

Top Bottom