Saints Stuff...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is basically beer muscles on the part of the Cowboys players.

Beating a bad Falcons team, an average Eagles team, and a depleted Redskins team has them thinking they're better than what they are.
We have a very good defense, not elite, but very good. The Saints will clearly be the best offense we face this year so for me it'll be an interesting measuring stick. Given the circumstances within the division a loss isn't a major blow considering the position they'll be in against the Eagles the next week, so that makes it a little easier to view it as a test case of sorts.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have a very good defense, not elite, but very good. The Saints will clearly be the best offense we face this year so for me it'll be an interesting measuring stick. Given the circumstances within the division a loss isn't a major blow considering the position they'll be in against the Eagles the next week, so that makes it a little easier to view it as a test case of sorts.
Lawrence has been beasting out for the last two years. I have no problem with his statements. This isn't like Jalen Ramsey claiming every other QB is trash.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Meh, put me in the camp of pretty stupid to say this before facing Brees and Payton. Probably your best hope is that they somehow, with a 10-1 record and huge lead in their division, overlook you a little bit. Now there's no chance.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I liken the Saints to the Falcons. Ryan is leading the league in passing and we managed to beat them and keep them somewhat in check. From that perspective, i feel hopeful.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I liken the Saints to the Falcons. Ryan is leading the league in passing and we managed to beat them and keep them somewhat in check. From that perspective, i feel hopeful.
Yeah I expect to get our teeth kicked in but someone will beat the Saints. It's hard for a team like that to not get complacent. Especially when their games aren't even close. Every NFL team has a stinker here or there. I doubt that Lawrence's comments are going to somehow waken them up for the game against us. I expect to get the snot knocked out of us but I also expect the Saints to eventually drop a game to a team they shouldn't. And even if we did somehow beat them I still would have zero faith that we could repeat it in the playoffs.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah supposedly Martin is likely to play. Taco is likely to go. Tyron Smith is sort of the big question mark. He is the type of guy I could see us playing with no practice but then again I thought for sure he would play last week.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I don't see us winning this one but I think we keep it fairly close, around ten points. I think Zeke grinds out about 110 yards and Dak does a decent job. Defense is gonna be bustin' balls for four quarters. Lord forbid we get down by seventeen midway through the second, it would get ugly.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
D-Law:

Asked if the Saints’ offensive line will be the toughest unit the Cowboys have faced thus far, the chirpy defender unleashed raw emotion.

“They’re gonna have to match our intensity for 60 minutes straight,” Lawrence said. “You hit a motherfucker in the mouth and they’re not doing what they’re regularly doing, putting up 50 points. They start to get a little distressed. Now, you got them where you want them at, and then you fucking choke their ass out.

“We gotta do what we gotta do, man. Shit. It’s life or death right here. Especially for me. Cause it means too much.”

:viking :viking :viking :viking
:viking :viking :viking

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
D Law is really stepping up and taking the bull by the balls this year. Reminds me of Randy White. Great to see this kind of vocal leadership and intensity.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I like Dlaws attitude, but let's be real...The only shot the Cowboys have to beat the Saints is either knocking Brees out of the game, or disrupting him so badly he has a shitty night. Brees is the reason the Saints are 10-1...the guy is on fire.

I don't see either scenerio happening to be honest.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like Dlaws attitude, but let's be real...The only shot the Cowboys have to beat the Saints is either knocking Brees out of the game, or disrupting him so badly he has a shitty night. Brees is the reason the Saints are 10-1...the guy is on fire.

I don't see either scenerio happening to be honest.
He only threw for 170 yards against the Falcons. I was told by someone on here that it signals a bad game.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Matt Ryan: Sacked 33 times
Drew Brees: Sacked 10 times.

UncleMilti

Staff member
BUT THEY AIN'T PLAYED THE HOT BOYZ YET!!!!!!!!

:dunce

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They are going to run up the middle on us and Brees will find his WRs eventually. The killer will be Kamara.

i can just picture Wilson trying to cover him.

I just want us leave everything on the field against the league’s best team.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Matt Ryan: Sacked 33 times
Drew Brees: Sacked 10 times.
RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G

1 Matt Ryan ATL 310 434 71.4 3,683 8.49 75 24 5 33 110.6 335
7 Drew Brees NO 272 356 76.4 3,135 8.81 72 29 2 10 127.3 285

I like my comparisons to be a little more informative. The sack figures just make Ryan look even more impressive.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They are going to run up the middle on us and Brees will find his WRs eventually. The killer will be Kamara.

i can just picture Wilson trying to cover him.

I just want us leave everything on the field against the league’s best team.
What jersey number does Karma have? I might explain that was a joke.

vince

Not So New Member
I swear Falcons fans are idiots. Living in Atlanta, I haven't had one Falcons fan say they hope the Saints lose today.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
There's a lot of talk leading up to this game about the Cowboys strong defense but I think people are sleeping on a Saints defense that's been pretty darn good recently. They got off to a slow start to the season but have been one of the league's better defenses since the calendar flipped to October and they've continued to play better as the season has progressed.

Top Bottom