Kliff Kingsbury should maybe be on fast track from Lubbock to Dallas

D

Deuce

Broaddus already dropping vague tweets about Kliff not taking a college job.

shane

DCC 4Life
Do you really think Garrett will let some young buck come in and upstage him? That doesn't seem like his thing. He would rather have a buffoon, crony or stooge that he can throw under the bus to save his own red asshole when he screws up. If Kliff is any good, we don't get him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you really think Garrett will let some young buck come in and upstage him? That doesn't seem like his thing. He would rather have a buffoon, crony or stooge that he can throw under the bus to save his own red asshole when he screws up. If Kliff is any good, we don't get him.
Garrett is a Jones stooge. He will do as Jerry commands. And then Garrett will probably try to sabotage him but that's neither here nor there.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I wouldn't mind seeing Kingsbury come in and work with Dak and the offense. If there is anybody that could work with him to develop and take advantage of his skills, it would be him.

Shitcan Garrett, Linehan, and Marinelli. Oh, and that waste of a hire Kellen Moore. Hire Lincoln Riley as HC and Kingsbury as OC. If Riley decides to hang on to Kris Richard as defensive coordinator, fine. But let the decision be his. If he wants somebody else, so be it.

The core of talent is there on this team. Yeah, we need to upgrade at some spots, and our depth is thin in places. But with good coaching, I believe we have the team that could make a little noise. And the biggest boost to good coaching would be Dak Prescott. Jerry has already made it pretty clear he's keeping him. So give him what he needs to succeed. Competent coaching.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't mind seeing Kingsbury come in and work with Dak and the offense. If there is anybody that could work with him to develop and take advantage of his skills, it would be him.

Shitcan Garrett, Linehan, and Marinelli. Oh, and that waste of a hire Kellen Moore. Hire Lincoln Riley as HC and Kingsbury as OC. If Riley decides to hang on to Kris Richard as defensive coordinator, fine. But let the decision be his. If he wants somebody else, so be it.

The core of talent is there on this team. Yeah, we need to upgrade at some spots, and our depth is thin in places. But with good coaching, I believe we have the team that could make a little noise. And the biggest boost to good coaching would be Dak Prescott. Jerry has already made it pretty clear he's keeping him. So give him what he needs to succeed. Competent coaching.
I think that's super unrealistic. Also I don't know about hiring two college guys like that who've never worked together. Seems too cute by half.

Sadly if Garrett wins the division he stays I suspect. If he doesn't, sure Lincoln Riley. If he does stay, then we got to at least change OC. Love the idea of getting some college creativity up in here.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Whether Kingsbury is the answer or not is in some ways beside the point. It's more a test of what the Jerry apologists always claim is his saving grace -- that "he'll do anything to win."

If that's true, he would at least talk to a guy like Kingsley, as well as some other people. If it's true that Jerry will "do anything to win," he wouldn't care about hurting Carot's feelings. He wouldn't care about dumping Carot with a year left on his contract.

What it boils down to is that Jerry won't "do anything to win" if it goes outside his comfort zone. The results since the mid-90s bear that out.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Z
Whether Kingsbury is the answer or not is in some ways beside the point. It's more a test of what the Jerry apologists always claim is his saving grace -- that "he'll do anything to win."

If that's true, he would at least talk to a guy like Kingsley, as well as some other people. If it's true that Jerry will "do anything to win," he wouldn't care about hurting Carot's feelings. He wouldn't care about dumping Carot with a year left on his contract.

What it boils down to is that Jerry won't "do anything to win" if it goes outside his comfort zone. The results since the mid-90s bear that out.
I don’t know of anyone who says Jones will do “anything” to win. I do believe he wants to win but anything isn’t a realistic depiction to place on anyone.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Great coordinator, terrible fit. I wouldn't worry about how he uses his players in the run game as he would do whatever to get the most production out of them. It would never work as the Cowboys are in no way committed to that kind of change.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Z

I don’t know of anyone who says Jones will do “anything” to win. I do believe he wants to win but anything isn’t a realistic depiction to place on anyone.
Just read around. That is constantly said about him except on this board.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Garrett would absolutely hate Kingsbury. A younger, better-looking, more camera-friendly version of himself running a foreign and more more modern offense? His robot head might explode.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It’s constantly said by people who are trying to make an argument but I don’t know of anyone who says he will do anything to win. Only a few even say he wants to win and I am one of them. I don’t read the other boards.

Just read around. That is constantly said about him except on this board.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It’s constantly said by people who are trying to make an argument but I don’t know of anyone who says he will do anything to win. Only a few even say he wants to win and I am one of them. I don’t read the other boards.
I'm not even talking about boards. I know Ive seen some media say it as well as TV. Its out there.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Garrett would absolutely hate Kingsbury. A younger, better-looking, more camera-friendly version of himself running a foreign and more more modern offense? His robot head might explode.
Im glad he (Garrett) doesn't make the decisions around here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
may be so but it isn’t something I have run across other than posters here saying he wouldn’t do anything to win or he would resign.

I'm not even talking about boards. I know Ive seen some media say it as well as TV. Its out there.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I have 100% confirmation that Kliff is going to coach on the staff.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Looks official.

:unsure

Top Bottom