Jerry breaks his arm patting himself on the back for Cooper trade -- comparisons to Irvin/Emmit

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He has probably added 2 or 3 wins to this team already. But hey, means nothing to a team.
Yeah if you are going to beat Jones over the head for his blunders then give him credit for his accomplishments. Getting Cooper was apparently a good move and it could be that it was the move that put Dallas on the inside track to win the division. Three games ago some were already putting the season to rest.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Yeah if you are going to beat Jones over the head for his blunders then give him credit for his accomplishments. Getting Cooper was apparently a good move and it could be that it was the move that put Dallas on the inside track to win the division. Three games ago some were already putting the season to rest.
So many, many more blunders than accomplishments. In fact with Jerry "accomplishment" should be used in the singular.

One of three NFC teams not to appear in a conference championship game since 1995. Two playoff wins in the last 20 years. Those are the true measures of Jerry's accomplishment(s).

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He has probably added 2 or 3 wins to this team already. But hey, means nothing to a team.
All true, though I think Iamtdg was referring to this one good move of Jerry’s being a drop in the bucket next to the decades of futility that man has wrought.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
All true, though I think Iamtdg was referring to this one good move of Jerry’s being a drop in the bucket next to the decades of futility that man has wrought.
Correct.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So many, many more blunders than accomplishments. In fact with Jerry "accomplishment" should be used in the singular.

One of three NFC teams not to appear in a conference championship game since 1995. Two playoff wins in the last 20 years. Those are the true measures of Jerry's accomplishment(s).
Nice to see how objective you are. Cooper was a good move. It stands alone and isn’t automatically negated by all his other blunders.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Nice to see how objective you are. Cooper was a good move. It stands alone and isn’t automatically negated by all his other blunders.

What we have here...is failure to communicate.
Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
It's not an issue of being subjective or objective. Jerry's record over the last 20-plus years is all the objectivity anyone needs. No question Cooper was a good move. But that's what GMs are supposed to do -- make good moves. And you can't take it out of the context of 20 years worth of mostly horrible moves.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's not an issue of being subjective or objective. Jerry's record over the last 20-plus years is all the objectivity anyone needs. No question Cooper was a good move. But that's what GMs are supposed to do -- make good moves. And you can't take it out of the context of 20 years worth of mostly horrible moves.
That’s the whole point. Cooper was a good move. The end. Everything else is bias flak. No one is white washing Jones but when something is right it can be a acknowledged graciously.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure but I'll compliment the great moves and dog the bad ones. It's not really objective to ignore the good moves because all of the bad ones in the past.

Top Bottom