Report: Cowboys WR Michael Gallup learned at Falcons game that his brother died of apparent suicide

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Context-

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Context-
Poor guy

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I've read different things including that he found out during the game and that he found out at halftime. I'll wait before linking to anything though, it's early

Evidently Gallup had family there at the game too, just sad.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Cowboys WR Michael Gallup learned at Falcons game that his brother died of apparent suicide

Jason Owens
Yahoo Sports
Nov 18, 2018, 9:30 PM
Yahoo Sports

Shortly after the Dallas Cowboys’ dramatic win over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, news broke that there was an unexpectedly somber mood in the victorious locker room.

Owner Jerry Jones told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram there was a tragedy connected with one of the Dallas players but declined to elaborate.

Later Sunday, 24/7 Cowboys reporter Mike Fisher broke the news that rookie wide receiver Michael Gallup’s brother died of apparent suicide over the weekend.

mike fisher ✭
✔
@fishsports
The #Cowboys tragedy regards the weekend death of the brother of WR Michael Gallup, apparently due to suicide. Our prayers are with Michael and his family.

8:53 PM - Nov 18, 2018

Fisher reports that Gallup’s sister delivered the news to Gallup in the locker room at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Gallup is the youngest of eight siblings, six of whom like him are adopted. The name of his brother who reportedly died has not been reported.

Gallup was playing in front of hometown fans on Sunday. The third-round pick out of Colorado State was born in Atlanta and grew up in nearby Monroe, Georgia and had friends and family in the stands to watch the Cowboys win.

Gallup caught one pass for 10 yards in the Dallas victory.
------

Just awful. Condolences to the Gallup family.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Jesus. That’s terrible.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
That’s terrible. I feel sorry for the kid and his family. I wish life wasn’t so hard on people.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That’s terrible. I feel sorry for the kid and his family. I wish life wasn’t so hard on people.
Tell me about it.

I hate it when I see stuff like this.

I can't understand why someone would off themselves. I just can't. I would get it if it was a spur of the moment thing when you get overwhelmed or if you were terminally ill. But otherwise, I don't get it. I am not making fun of depression, mental illness and what not, I just can't comprehend it.

I think too many people keep their pain inside and don't release it nearly enough.

I guess if people loved themselves a little more and stopped worrying about other things, this wouldn't happen.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Tell me about it.

I hate it when I see stuff like this.

I can't understand why someone would off themselves. I just can't. I would get it if it was a spur of the moment thing when you get overwhelmed or if you were terminally ill. But otherwise, I don't get it. I am not making fun of depression, mental illness and what not, I just can't comprehend it.

I think too many people keep their pain inside and don't release it nearly enough.

I guess if people loved themselves a little more and stopped worrying about other things, this wouldn't happen.
The thing about understanding, none of us understand it. You don’t get it until you’re in that frame of mind. Your sanity keeps you from being able to comprehend something like that.

I’ve wrestled with depression in a bad way, mine didn’t last as long as I’ve seen it last on others, but it was a rough time. I never wanted to suicide, I’m thankful for that, but depression is fuckin weird.

I did a 3 month program 2 times a week where I would go into this office and get hooked up to this computer and watch these colors and shapes and listen for certain sounds, I had to interact with the computer. It’s a relatively new science to “re-train your brain”. It worked for me, or something did, idk. I never went on medication or seen a regular head doctor, so I don’t know.

But yeah, the sanity thing. It prevents the average person from comprehending, in my opinion.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The thing about understanding, none of us understand it. You don’t get it until you’re in that frame of mind. Your sanity keeps you from being able to comprehend something like that.

I’ve wrestled with depression in a bad way, mine didn’t last as long as I’ve seen it last on others, but it was a rough time. I never wanted to suicide, I’m thankful for that, but depression is fuckin weird.

I did a 3 month program 2 times a week where I would go into this office and get hooked up to this computer and watch these colors and shapes and listen for certain sounds, I had to interact with the computer. It’s a relatively new science to “re-train your brain”. It worked for me, or something did, idk. I never went on medication or seen a regular head doctor, so I don’t know.

But yeah, the sanity thing. It prevents the average person from comprehending, in my opinion.
I have a daughter who suffers with depression. She takes meds for hers. And I do struggle to fully comprehend what she goes through, but I just do what I can to help her manage. The stuff is serious.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Condolences to Michael and his family. The irony is, when I got to work this morning, I have a new client who is detoxing from heroin and alcohol who had to be put on a 1 on 1 because of suicidal ideation.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Context-
Damn, that sucks.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I have a daughter who suffers with depression. She takes meds for hers. And I do struggle to fully comprehend what she goes through, but I just do what I can to help her manage. The stuff is serious.
Very scary indeed. My greatest fear is one of my daughters has depression later in life. I feel for you, and I hope your daughter comes out the other side of this a stronger person for having gone through it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Very scary indeed. My greatest fear is one of my daughters has depression later in life. I feel for you, and I hope your daughter comes out the other side of this a stronger person for having gone through it.
The scariest thing about depression is sometimes you can't even see it to know that it is an issue. I had a nephew kill himself and no one had any clue whatsoever there was anything wrong. I changed the code to my gun safe just so my son couldn't get to any of my guns right after that happened. Scary shit, indeed.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The scariest thing about depression is sometimes you can't even see it to know that it is an issue. I had a nephew kill himself and no one had any clue whatsoever there was anything wrong. I changed the code to my gun safe just so my son couldn't get to any of my guns right after that happened. Scary shit, indeed.
My grand niece killed herself last month. It was a very tramautic statement about her apparent desperation. She hung herself. She was a beautiful young lady but she was apparently a tortued soul with depression. It was a total shock for most of us.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah poor guy. I selfishly want him to play Thursday because I'm a big fan but I also have compassion for the situation.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah poor guy. I selfishly want him to play Thursday because I'm a big fan but I also have compassion for the situation.
It really means some of these guys like Hurns need to step his game up and fill the void.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Under the circumstances, I don't think he should play anyway. I doubt his head will be 100% in the game.

Top Bottom