Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Can we stop with the fake bullshit of starting Hurns already?
I actually think Hurns could be a productive receiver in a 3 receiver set if we had a real passing QB instead of a guy who struggles just to throw for 200 yards on a weekly basis.

You know your QB play is bad when people look for reasons to praise him for stuff that would be considered mediocre before.

If you have to find reasons to praise him and so often those reasons are basic NFL QB plays, then that tells you all you need to know about how mediocre that play is at the position.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And those extra 4-5 yards that he stumbled for probably won the game too. Because back that kick up a few more feet and Maher clangs that off the upright.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And those extra 4-5 yards that he stumbled for probably won the game too. Because back that kick up a few more feet and Maher clangs that off the upright.
Against double coverage too. Just impressive by everyone on this play.

vince

Not So New Member
Geoff Swaim is looking solid. He could definitely turn into a really good pass-catching TE.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Geoff Swaim is looking solid. He could definitely turn into a really good pass-catching TE.
Eh. He's just a guy. Somebody you'd prefer as a backup, and somebody you should always look to be upgrading, especially if he's your starter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eh. He's just a guy. Somebody you'd prefer as a backup, and somebody you should always look to be upgrading, especially if he's your starter.
Yeah I agree with this. Not a disaster if he has to start but not really a guy you want starting.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
WTF has become of Rico? He's on the field, but never a target.
WTF has become of Cooper? He's on the field, but never a target.

WTF has become of Hurns? He's on the field, but never a target.

WTF has become of Gallup? He's on the field, but never a target.

I know Dak's just sandbagging so he can throw everyone off in the playoffs, but a throw down the field once or twice a game would be nice.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I know Dak's just sandbagging so he can throw everyone off in the playoffs, but a throw down the field once or twice a game would be nice.
What little I have seen of him, cant really run a rout and get separation quick enough to get anyone's attention. I meant this comment for Rico.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Cooper and Gallup get targets. I mean we threw the ball down the field a few times to Gallup against the Falcons. One of them Dak just overthrew. The other two Gallup was pretty well covered. I think the DB definitely committed PI on one of them but the refs didn't seem to care if the Falcon's defenders bear hugged our guys or not. Same thing happened to Cooper on the redzone throw. He took a step outside and then broke to the inside and the defender just bear hugged him immediately and got away with a bad PI. I'm not really sure what a receiver or QB is supposed to do in that situation other than pitch a fit.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
WTF has become of Rico? He's on the field, but never a target.
Tell me that you didnt buy into the preseason hype with him??

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Cooper and Gallup get targets. I mean we threw the ball down the field a few times to Gallup against the Falcons. One of them Dak just overthrew. The other two Gallup was pretty well covered. I think the DB definitely committed PI on one of them but the refs didn't seem to care if the Falcon's defenders bear hugged our guys or not. Same thing happened to Cooper on the redzone throw. He took a step outside and then broke to the inside and the defender just bear hugged him immediately and got away with a bad PI. I'm not really sure what a receiver or QB is supposed to do in that situation other than pitch a fit.
Pfft, I'm ready for the Cooper Rush show. Mike White, Jason Garrett, whoever...Dak is getting close to holding this team back.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pfft, I'm ready for the Cooper Rush show. Mike White, Jason Garrett, whoever...Dak is getting close to holding this team back.
If we were tanking I'd be all for it. They would at least get us a high draft pick. But with no first and us in the middle of the hunt for the division it would make little sense. Cooper Rush or Mike White isn't going to save this offense with these coaches.

Cotton

Staff member
Did you watch any preseason games?

p1_

DCC 4Life

this is super frustrating.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eeeesh.

The Rams are wearing those God awful all yellow uniforms.

Top Bottom