Week 11 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Falcons | 11-18-2018

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope and that's likely who we would play if we limp into the playoffs. Actually we have an asskicking coming pretty soon at the hands of the Saints. I'll be at that game with my buddy the Saints fan.
Yeah I was afraid of an ass whooping the last two weeks. But there is zero doubt against this Saints offense. They are so dynamic and creative. We will have no idea what's going on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saints take it too far with Hill. The Eagles secondary sucks, just give Brees more chances.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Does Jerry realize what other people think when he says something like "I wouldn't trade Dak for two 1's."

He sounds as stupid as most already consider him when it comes to football and talent evaluation.

shane

DCC 4Life
Quincy Carter is just the easy choice as he was a pathetic QB. The guy had one winning season in his career and the season came with a QB rating of 71. Quincy couldn't even complete 60% of his passes ever. It's just a bad comparison. It's not my fault that Dallas has never had a QB like Dak before. McNabb and McNair are better comparisons to me. I don't think either of those guys was really that good of a passer. And honestly I wasn't a big fan of either. But build, throwing ability and running ability are all pretty similar.
McNabb made a killing throwing dink and dunks his entire career. No reason why Dak couldn't do that. Only problem is he doesn't have Andy Reid or someone even remotely competent coaching him.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
By now we all that Dak is what he is, an average/below average QB. In today's league that won't take you far, unless your defense is dominating enough to pick up the slack. And that's hard to do.
And while it's nice to see that Cooper has made our offense better, I just don't see it as a good thing in the long run. I mean come on, Dak will be throwing the ball for the next season and a half. And no first round shot at a QB in 19'.
To me it just looks like we're going to be very limited offensively until at least 2020.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McNabb made a killing throwing dink and dunks his entire career. No reason why Dak couldn't do that. Only problem is he doesn't have Andy Reid or someone even remotely competent coaching him.
Yeah and McNabb still struggled to get much higher than 60% completion. But Andy Reid has always been a stud coach. The guy is a magician with QBs. Just a brilliant offensive mind. You have to appreciate how he has continually adapted and updated his offense over the years. The guy is always on the cutting edge of what he does. A lot of coaches who have been around that long sort of get stuck in their ways but not Reid.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
It would be interesting to see what a real OC and QB coach could do with Dak. To this point in his career we have no idea. But this should be a high off-season priority IMO

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By now we all that Dak is what he is, an average/below average QB. In today's league that won't take you far, unless your defense is dominating enough to pick up the slack. And that's hard to do.
And while it's nice to see that Cooper has made our offense better, I just don't see it as a good thing in the long run. I mean come on, Dak will be throwing the ball for the next season and a half. And no first round shot at a QB in 19'.
To me it just looks like we're going to be very limited offensively until at least 2020.
I love Cooper. His numbers will never be huge in this offense but he had some clutch catches today. Dez had made me forget what a real 1 WR should look like. Besides Cooper is 24. Given his speed and athletic ability he should be a good WR here until he is 30. And yes he does make Dak better. But he will make whatever QB Dallas has better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hard to believe the Eagles won the Superbowl last year. They look real bad. I expected their defense to get torched but the Saints defense is making their offense look silly too.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm kind of mystified why people thought we'd get killed the last two weeks. That's thinking of previous years which we know doesn't work in this league. The Eagles and Falcons aren't good teams this year.

And Jerry is such an idiot about Dak. I still think his crazy devotion goes back to Dak standing with him.on the anthem controversy. Very smart business decision by Dak if so.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I'm not going to sit up here and defend Dak because he is what his is, which is a very limited QB.

But for the love of God can we please stop with all the revisionist Romo history. Some of you guys act as if he were God's gift to the QB position. He was a very good QB but he made a lot of mistakes in crucial situations as well. There are plenty of "WTF" moments in Romo's career.
Tell ya what, I'll stop with my revisionist history when you stop with yours and quit acting like he was some glorified bus driver. You and others here never appreciated him and dogged him for years and now that he's gone and we're hurting at the position, you and others feel this need to continue dogging him as if it verifies the BS we had to listen to for years: "HE DON'T HAV TEH ANGRA FACE!1!" "HIS HAT IS TEH BACKWARDS OHH NOOOOS!!!1!" "LET'S TRADE HIM FOR TEH 4TH RD PICK!!1!" "KITNA PLAYS BETTER CUZ HE ALMOST WINNED AGAINST TEH GIANTS!!1!"

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tell ya what, I'll stop with my revisionist history when you stop with yours and quit acting like he was some glorified bus driver. You and others here never appreciated him and dogged him for years and now that he's gone and we're hurting at the position, you and others feel this need to continue dogging him as if it verifies the BS we had to listen to for years: "HE DON'T HAV TEH ANGRA FACE!1!" "HIS HAT IS TEH BACKWARDS OHH NOOOOS!!!1!" "LET'S TRADE HIM FOR TEH 4TH RD PICK!!1!" "KITNA PLAYS BETTER CUZ HE ALMOST WINNED AGAINST TEH GIANTS!!1!"
I remember at one point a lot of fans on here talked about Romo like he was dumb as rocks. But that's part of playing QB for the Cowboys. The fans will hate you unless you win the Superbowl. And then appreciate you after the fact.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Damn the Saints o is so well coached. Of course Brees is great, but they have receivers I've barely heard of making plays like they're top players.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Saints are absolutely destroying Schwartz and that Eagles D!
320 yards at halftime and just had their way again.
Eagles fans burning their jerseys yet?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn the Saints o is so well coached. Of course Brees is great, but they have receivers I've barely heard of making plays like they're top players.
Sean Payton is another brilliant offensive mind. The top offensive coordinators in the NFL are dominating this season. Reid, McVay and Payton.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I think Mahommes has the potential to be just like Breese. I know it's way early but I get a similar vibe from him.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Dak reminds me of the modern day NFL version of Billy Kilmer. Plays ugly, pulls things out of his ass, great running game and OL to cover for his ugliness, but somehow he manages to win just enough games.

Top Bottom