Home run: who knew how good LVE would be, especailly as a rook?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I saw Urlacher type potential and now it's starting to look like that comparison might not be so ridiculous.
I was thinking of Urlacher too. I didn't know much about him coming out of college so I kind of shrugged my shoulders but I'm really happy with how well he's progressing.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Makes you wonder whether Will McClay might not become a hot commodity -- a guy who could be a GM somewhere?

He's done a nice job with some picks. Maybe with a better organization he could be with a team who at least had some chance at a SB.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Makes you wonder whether Will McClay might not become a hot commodity -- a guy who could be a GM somewhere?

He's done a nice job with some picks. Maybe with a better organization he could be with a team who at least had some chance at a SB.
I think Houston tried to get him recently but Jerry ponied up a little for him to stay.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Jump on the hype train.

shane

DCC 4Life
Parcells taught Jones something about talent evaluation. When it comes to free agency and coach finding though.....yikes.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Parcells taught Jones something about talent evaluation. When it comes to free agency and coach finding though.....yikes.

Here's what Parcells taught Jerry about talent evaluation: "You suck at it. Stay the hell away from it." It only took Jerry another 10 years or so to get the message. And he still sucks as a GM.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Here's what Parcells taught Jerry about talent evaluation: "You suck at it. Stay the hell away from it." It only took Jerry another 10 years or so to get the message. And he still sucks as a GM.
notice how our drafting has improved drastically in the recent past. Its no coincidence.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Then again Dez and DWare were both Jerry picks that panned out bigly
Hmmmm. I could start with Quincy Carter and go on and on but what would be the point? You can single out DWare as one pick out of dozens over 20 years -- leave out a couple of the Parcells years --that the blind pig found in the forest.

Dez? Not so sure, given where he is now, and given the police-blotter turmoil of his early years. Great physical talent, fine as long as he had an improvisational QB throwing to him. Never took the team to the Big One; constant source of turmoil, etc.

I'd give Jerry one-and-a-half good picks over 20 years. When Jimmy left, first, and then Parcells later -- and the football people left with them -- Jerry couldn't find his ass with both hands. The record proves it beyond any doubt.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dez? Not so sure, given where he is now, and given the police-blotter turmoil of his early years.
I don't remember this. What trouble did he have with the police in his early years here?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
:lol. Yeah. He sure was all over the police blotter.
But beyond the fact that the Cowboys management felt it was necessary to put a dog collar on him, and the fact that he never really ran good routes, the fact that he was a more or less constant disruptive sideline presence, and that they dumped him overboard at the first opportunity -- how does that translate to a good draft pick for Jerry?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I had him pegged more as Bobby Carpenter II versus Sean Lee II. Looks like I was wrong.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yet another stellar game and pick. Does LVE make the pro bowl yet?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yet another stellar game and pick. Does LVE make the pro bowl yet?
He is tied for 7th in the NFL in tackles. I say he should at least be in the conversation.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It'll be difficult because only like 2-3 real LB's make each Pro Bowl roster since 3-4 OLB's who are actually more similar to 4-3 DE's usually take up a few spots. Guys like Von Miller and Chandler Jones.

Kuechly is basically guaranteed one of those 2-3 spots for the NFC and then probably a guy like Wagner also, so it's a long shot but not impossible if he puts up another INT or two, especially in a primetime game.

Top Bottom