Home run: who knew how good LVE would be, especailly as a rook?

p1_

DCC 4Life

Bobby Carpenter redux, my ass! We nailed this pick, forget Calvin Ridley.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I was a pretty big proponent of drafting him. He was very productive in college and his measurable jumped off the page. Did I know he would be this good this quick? No. He's balling out. I suspect having Sean Lee around is helping him a ton.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Quickly becoming one of my favorites and I will ashamedly admit that I wasnt happy about the pick. That foot tackle on Clement was a gamesaver and a thing of beauty. I can watch that one over and over.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
His coverage could be better. He was one of the culprits responsible for all those Ertz catches.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I was pretty adamant that it was an excellent pick. I didn't think he'd be quite this good this quick but I definitely thought he had Pro Bowl upside and the ability to impact the game on all 3 downs.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I was pretty adamant that it was an excellent pick. I didn't think he'd be quite this good this quick but I definitely thought he had Pro Bowl upside and the ability to impact the game on all 3 downs.
It's going to be tough to keep everybody on the team soon with all the younger guys we have, but LVE no doubt will replace Lee which allows us to save money on the cap.

Zeke, Byron, DLaw, Dak, Amari all will be coming back. Questionables are Lee, Collins, Jaylon (think he comes back but cant be put in the definite category).

Going to be interesting how we move around money the next couple of years. Would hate to see someone like Amari or DLaw get the boot because we ran out of cap space

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's going to be tough to keep everybody on the team soon with all the younger guys we have, but LVE no doubt will replace Lee which allows us to save money on the cap.

Zeke, Byron, DLaw, Dak, Amari all will be coming back. Questionables are Lee, Collins, Jaylon (think he comes back but cant be put in the definite category).

Going to be interesting how we move around money the next couple of years. Would hate to see someone like Amari or DLaw get the boot because we ran out of cap space
They'll figure out a way to keep the internal guys that they want back, even if it means spending about $1.2 million per year in free agency on average.

p1_

DCC 4Life
His coverage could be better. He was one of the culprits responsible for all those Ertz catches.
he's getting better and better at this. I cant wait to see him fully developed.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I wasn’t impressed at first but the kid has really stood out the last few games. The tackle at the end of the Philly game was outstanding and Sean Lee -like.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was a pretty big proponent of drafting him. He was very productive in college and his measurable jumped off the page. Did I know he would be this good this quick? No. He's balling out. I suspect having Sean Lee around is helping him a ton.
I saw Urlacher type potential and now it's starting to look like that comparison might not be so ridiculous.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The funny part is most fans on here would have sold their soul to get Roquan and in the end we may have gotten the better player anyway.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I was pissed at not making a move for Derwin James. To my credit, parting with minor assets to go get him would have been a coup. James is probably the one player that is gonna keep LVE from getting Defensive Rookie of the Year honors.

But yeah, LVE was a great selection. We can argue if Calvin Ridley, who is also having a fantastic year, would have been better value, but it looks like you got a Pro Bowler. Can rarely complain about that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was pissed at not making a move for Derwin James. To my credit, parting with minor assets to go get him would have been a coup. James is probably the one player that is gonna keep LVE from getting Defensive Rookie of the Year honors.

But yeah, LVE was a great selection. We can argue if Calvin Ridley, who is also having a fantastic year, would have been better value, but it looks like you got a Pro Bowler. Can rarely complain about that.
Yeah Ridley would have been great. Of course that would have cost us a first. Cooper cost us a first. So I guess either way we would have given up a first to get that receiver. So Ridley doesn't bother me at all.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Yeah Ridley would have been great. Of course that would have cost us a first. Cooper cost us a first. So I guess either way we would have given up a first to get that receiver. So Ridley doesn't bother me at all.
So we are most likely going to pick between 12-20 this year, probably moreso around 17. Giving up the 17th pick for Amari Cooper seems better than drafting Calvin Ridley at 19 IMO. Amari is the better player although Ridley will be a top #2 in the league.

Hated the trade at first, more and more I looked into it I was happy with what we gave up. This is a weird draft this year and I don't think any offensive player that will immediately help our team is avaiable at 17 the way Cooper would help.

p1_

DCC 4Life

lostxn

DCC 4Life

Darius Leonard is absolutely crushing it in Indy. He's probably had the best start of all the rookie LBers. I'd rather have our guy though. Way bigger.

96 total tackles, 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries

Top Bottom