Eagles Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Thank goodness Thompson was a full practice today so he can not play anywhere on Sunday.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Me too. But invoking those three words is unforgivable.

Now I’m gonna have to turn my back on you. /Paulie Vario
3200 bucks. That's what he gave me.....

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Fuck that. I want us to lose just as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between wanting us to lose and wanting them to win. Semantics, I know. But actually cheering for them and using their fight song is taking it too far. Bannable offense.

Fuck those guys. I want them to play like complete shit and have us give the game away. Preferably by a massive coaching mistake.
A fucking men.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Little known facts about Philadelphia:

"Of the largest cities in America, Philadelphia is the poorest and has the highest rates of incarcerations and opioid-overdose deaths."

"Philadelphia has sentenced more juveniles to life without possibility of parole than any other city in the world."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fuck that. I want us to lose just as much as the next guy, but there’s a difference between wanting us to lose and wanting them to win. Semantics, I know. But actually cheering for them and using their fight song is taking it too far. Bannable offense.

Fuck those guys. I want them to play like complete shit and have us give the game away. Preferably by a massive coaching mistake.
I have to agree.

It is one thing to wish for failure with Garrett, etc. But I am not going to watch the Eagles play and root for success as it unfolds.

Yes, I will chuckle softly when I descend into a dark place as they score TD after TD after TD Sunday night.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Here are some interesting tidbits that should gladden the hearts of those looking for a loss:

"... the Eagles rack up pressures and hits but not sacks with the same frequency due to the opposing offenses’ gameplan. Per Pro Football Focus, Only one quarterback has had a time-to-throw slower than an average of 2.40 seconds against the Eagles’ defense. That quarterback was Blake Bortles (2.66). He was sacked four times.

Fighting in the other corner, weighing in at a league leading 10.5% allowed sack rate, are the the Cowboys. They’re battling with a number of issues along their offensive line that has led to that ballooning number.

Dak Prescott is in the trenches of a mental war. He’s hesitant and seemingly hopeless under the weight of the pressure mounting up around him. His gun refuses to come out of its holster and he doesn’t trust anything. Prescott is the 37th slowest time-to-throw quarterback in the league, coming in at a sloth-like 2.83 seconds.

Even with reinforcements arriving in the form of wide receiver Amari Cooper, Prescott’s average time-to-throw in the loss to the Tennessee Titans was still a slow 2.78.

When watching Prescott, there’s a clear tendency. Against defensive line “games”, he will drop his eyes and dart into the space the opening action of the stunt creates. Amplifying the impact of this tendency is his footwork, which gets out of whack when he moves within the pocket. This leads to him not being ready to throw."

Here's a link to the whole thing:

http://https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/11/9/18077904/dak-prescott-eagles-vs-cowboys-game-philadelphia-dallas-pass-rush-nfl-2018-week-10-quarterback-qb

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here are some interesting tidbits that should gladden the hearts of those looking for a loss:

"... the Eagles rack up pressures and hits but not sacks with the same frequency due to the opposing offenses’ gameplan. Per Pro Football Focus, Only one quarterback has had a time-to-throw slower than an average of 2.40 seconds against the Eagles’ defense. That quarterback was Blake Bortles (2.66). He was sacked four times.

Fighting in the other corner, weighing in at a league leading 10.5% allowed sack rate, are the the Cowboys. They’re battling with a number of issues along their offensive line that has led to that ballooning number.

Dak Prescott is in the trenches of a mental war. He’s hesitant and seemingly hopeless under the weight of the pressure mounting up around him. His gun refuses to come out of its holster and he doesn’t trust anything. Prescott is the 37th slowest time-to-throw quarterback in the league, coming in at a sloth-like 2.83 seconds.

Even with reinforcements arriving in the form of wide receiver Amari Cooper, Prescott’s average time-to-throw in the loss to the Tennessee Titans was still a slow 2.78.

When watching Prescott, there’s a clear tendency. Against defensive line “games”, he will drop his eyes and dart into the space the opening action of the stunt creates. Amplifying the impact of this tendency is his footwork, which gets out of whack when he moves within the pocket. This leads to him not being ready to throw."

Here's a link to the whole thing:

http://https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/11/9/18077904/dak-prescott-eagles-vs-cowboys-game-philadelphia-dallas-pass-rush-nfl-2018-week-10-quarterback-qb
You would think we would have a quick passing game set up. Doesn't exist in our offense though.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Prior to the Seattle game the Seahawks had been having problems giving up sacks. They came out against Dallas with quick hitting pass plays -- short drops, get the ball out.

It just doesn't seem that difficult.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prior to the Seattle game the Seahawks had been having problems giving up sacks. They came out against Dallas with quick hitting pass plays -- short drops, get the ball out.

It just doesn't seem that difficult.
We have no ability to adjust. It's like we are still living in the fantasy world of an Oline that pass blocks forever and a dominating run game that has defenses fear.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
We have no ability to adjust. It's like we are still living in the fantasy world of an Oline that pass blocks forever and a dominating run game that has defenses fear.
I think the ability is there but there isn’t anyone who knows what should be done. The Coaches just keep pushing the same buttons regardless of the circumstance. Dallas has pretty good personnel but no one to guide the team or even recognize where the wagon is leaking water.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Ok. So the house is on fire, Garrett can do NOTHING right. However, the team rallies behind him to steal a low scoring game. Cowboys win, 23-20. Thus giving more false hope to a completely lost cause.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It just seems when there are clear and obvious troubling trends that opponents are displaying, they always seem to fix them against our inept coaching staff.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Who the fuck is this guy wearing #4 playing QB for the Cowboys?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Ok. So the house is on fire, Garrett can do NOTHING right. However, the team rallies behind him to steal a low scoring game. Cowboys win, 23-20. Thus giving more false hope to a completely lost cause.
Yep. They can't do anything right.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Who the fuck is this guy wearing #4 playing QB for the Cowboys?
Fools gold baby. Fools gold.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We have zero chance of winning this game. Bath salts are bad, mmkay?

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I think the ability is there but there isn’t anyone who knows what should be done. The Coaches just keep pushing the same buttons regardless of the circumstance. Dallas has pretty good personnel but no one to guide the team or even recognize where the wagon is leaking water.
Why wouldn't Jerry -- the fossil GM -- be asking the same questions of his so-called coaching staff?

Top Bottom