My Rant: F this team.

midswat

... soon
Agree 100% with what TA & CL are saying. It wasn’t that hard to walk away from this team. And like TA, I don’t think I’ll ever be back.

I’d been a fan of terrible Cowboys teams for a long time. I was a die hard. And now I’ve turned my attention to the Tennessee Volunteers. I follow recruiting like I used to foam at the mouth for mock drafts. I spend way too much time each week on a Vols forum. I spent a lot of money to see them play WVU in charlotte. Which is to say, I can follow and love and support a team even if they suck, provided I believe they are trying to be better.

I just don’t feel that winning is a priority for Dallas. This team is blessed with an idiot fan base who will always cheer Jerry like he’s Elvis. He’s making money hand over fist, lip smaking and grinning the whole time. Garrett gets his ass handed to him by a mediocre team, at home, coming off the bye, and has the audacity to say he saw good things in that game and trying to build from it.

He is a shit clueless coach who just recites key words and phrases he learns from reading books.
Jerry is the epitome of incompetence, but he’s old and comfortable and his ego won’t allow him to take a backseat to anyone.

Idk.... I think my fandom started to die when Tim McMahon started to pressure Jerry with hard questions and Jerry just replied with his stupid smirk about how him being the GM gives Dallas an advantage. There I was, so emotionally invested in the team that I would schedule life events around games, and wins/losses would alter my mood for days - and this POS is so oblivious and indifferent to winning.

And no, don’t tell me “Jerry cares about winning.” He only wants to win on his terms, his way, and with him getting the credit. Fuck that guy and his entire family. Literally the worst thing to ever happen to Dallas. Cowboys are the Browns but with better uniforms.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It wont ever change until that stadium is empty and merchandise quits flowing off rhe shelf. The guy is a snake oil salesmen and as long as we are atop the Forbes list there will never be a change.

My advice is to not let this team work you up anymore. Its just not worth it for your health, sanity, or dealing with family members after a loss. Just find a new hobby or spend more time with the family. Let this organization go by the wayside.
This was my message back in the CFR days. I was made fun of and ridiculed on most Cowboys msg boards. The fans back then weren't fed up enough just yet I guess. Maybe we were a bit early with the CFR idea. But you're dead on right, nothing will change until it hits that bastard in his pocket. Nothing.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Agree 100% with what TA & CL are saying. It wasn’t that hard to walk away from this team. And like TA, I don’t think I’ll ever be back.

I’d been a fan of terrible Cowboys teams for a long time. I was a die hard. And now I’ve turned my attention to the Tennessee Volunteers. I follow recruiting like I used to foam at the mouth for mock drafts. I spend way too much time each week on a Vols forum. I spent a lot of money to see them play WVU in charlotte. Which is to say, I can follow and love and support a team even if they suck, provided I believe they are trying to be better.

I just don’t feel that winning is a priority for Dallas.
Right on.

Like you, I was such a blind homer back when Campo was coach. I actually thought those 2000-2002 teams were better than their record because of how many close games they lost and that a good coach could take that team to the playoffs.

So imagine what a smug bastard I was when Parcells took that same team to the playoffs in 2003. :lol

Anyway, my point is that it has nothing to do with the losing. Like I tell people who ask me at work or wherever, I will support the team in the worst of times just so long as I feel like they are truly trying. But as you pointed out, that's not the case in Dallas.

I'll say it in very simple terms, but the Cowboys basically trip themselves on purpose. They KNOW what they have to do in order to get better but they refuse to.....all while still asking the fans to support them completely.

Fuck off.

And like you, I focus most of my football energy now on the Longhorns, recruiting, and on college football in general.

Unlike the Cowboys, the Longhorns have actually tried to get better and things are starting to look up (despite the tough back to back losses), which is way more than the Cowboys can say.

That team, and especially that family, does not deserve a single fan to support the team.

I really really wish the fans who were fed up found it in them to finally just give it up. I know it's hard so I don't antagonize anyone, but it's the best thing they could do and the best way to stick it to the Jones family.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't blame you. My passion for the team is pretty much gone. I mostly show up to make fun of the team or mildly get into it. Don't get me wrong, if the occasional exciting thing happens in a game I'll momentarily get fired up but I don't live this stuff anymore. Not by a long shot. My older kids still ask me a ton of football questions about players and such and I honestly don't know a lot of the answers.

College football brings me more joy than this trash team.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I don't blame you. My passion for the team is pretty much gone. I mostly show up to make fun of the team or mildly get into it. Don't get me wrong, if the occasional exciting thing happens in a game I'll momentarily get fired up but I don't live this stuff anymore. Not by a long shot. My older kids still ask me a ton of football questions about players and such and I honestly don't know a lot of the answers.

College football brings me more joy than this trash team.
Its a damn good thing we didn't buy some dumbass Cowboys forum or Bulletin Board or whatever its called these days.

:unsure

deadrise

DCC 4Life
My abdication has been gradual, taking place over the last four or five years, to the point where the only games I'll watch are the 4 pm national games. Whereas in years past I'd arrange everything around that game, now if there's something else going on, fine. So be it.

I don't live near Dallas so I don't get the 1 pm games. I'd sure as hell never invest in NFL Ticket to watch. I never stay up for the night time games and haven't for at least the last three years. This last Monday night I forgot they were on.

I can watch a game and be emotionally uninvolved. I invest no emotional capital at all. If they lose I just shrug it off, turn off the TV and go on to whatever's next. It's kind of a win-win for me because a loss is just one more piece of mediocrity and failure that gets shoved up Jerry's ass. And that makes me glad.

p1_

DCC 4Life
My love of the Cowboys predates the Joneses. I will always support the team, yet I will loathe the Jones family. Jerry first and foremost.
This current team so sadly reflects the dysfunction he has brought to a once proud organization. It is a national joke, and really, the best I can hope for is to see the team make Jerry and his minions look as stupid and pathetic as possible. 2016 was pure fluke, it will NEVER repeat. Now we are back to the .500 mire that we so appropriately represent. This is home to Jerry and Co, and only Jerry's death will change the landscape. This is hell for any fan of the team and those who live in Dallas.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I don't think it's all Dak's fault. I think the right coaching and scheme could play to his strengths. He may not be a franchise QB and not the QB to take a team to the Big Game, but I think he could have done better under different circumstances. He showed that he had the potential once -- before Carot and the brain trust had an entire off season to turn him into a head case.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't think it's all Dak's fault. I think the right coaching and scheme could play to his strengths. He may not be a franchise QB and not the QB to take a team to the Big Game, but I think he could have done better under different circumstances. He showed that he had the potential once -- before Carot and the brain trust had an entire off season to turn him into a head case.
Can we name anyone that this offensive staff has developed? Honestly I can't name one. If they don't draft someone in the first round, sign a free agent or get a guy who falls out for some reason ( Collins), then they fail. Is it me?

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'm in the same boat as some of you. I've been a die hard since I was 10 or so. But starting about 3 years ago I began pulling away and only watching pro games live that I thought would be good games regardless who was playing. Then when I transferred to my current assigment and the working the TCU games, I got more into college football. And that was mainly because it was live, I was there and the atmosphere is amazing. I was only DVR'ing the Cowboy games and scanning them quickly for individual stuff like Jaylon etc. Then the kneeling thing started, and the Cowboys did the group kneel before the game I was was even less interested. So now I record the game and if something interesting happens, I might scan through it, but likely I just delete it. I have gained so much of my Sundays back and had more time to do stuff like woodworking or spend with the family or work on my 66 Mustang. I can't tell you how much more I enjoy my Sundays after Church. But I will never love this team like I did and will never have any hope until at least Garrett is gone and likely Jerry goes to the oil field in the sky. Also, sports are actually better on the radio so you can still work while listening or ignoring.

Top Bottom